The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ferocious j on August 07, 2003, 06:06:27 pm

Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: ferocious j on August 07, 2003, 06:06:27 pm
That we didn't see a strip yesterday because Onstad might have had some kind of personal emergency to take care of, or was ill?  I'm no more privy to his life than the rest of you, but it may behoove us to remember occasionally that he has one.  He's a cartoonist, not a machine.

I'm not saying that's what happened yesterday, but what if it had been?

YOU: WAH WAH WHERE IS MY STRIP CRY WHINE BITCH
ONSTAD: Sorry I couldn't do a comic yesterday, my wife was busy vomiting blood.

Wouldn't that stir some Shut Up into your morning coffee?

I'm just saying.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on August 07, 2003, 06:08:57 pm
But he had time to make a crappy list of sex jokes?

WHO IS TEH DWEEB NOW?
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: ferocious j on August 07, 2003, 06:13:02 pm
It was a hypothetical, dude.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on August 07, 2003, 06:21:46 pm
But lo, your hypothetical maiden is swallowed whole by the six headed dragon of my awesome logic!

DANG, I THINK MAYBE I AM THE DWEEB!?
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: pmcd9 on August 08, 2003, 01:19:52 am
If Onstads wife were vomiting blood I would forgive him for not posting a strip.

~Paul
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: jough on August 08, 2003, 01:48:50 am
Yes, but if Mrs. Onstad were vomiting blood would you forgive him writing the wretched Variety Hour bit instead?

Well, it looks like no Wednesday strip.  All we can hope for is an early Friday strip.

I guess thinking up visual euphamisms for sex tired him out.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: Nabubrush on August 08, 2003, 02:45:07 am
Maybe he is getting tired of drawing the comic all the time.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: jough on August 08, 2003, 03:05:13 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Maybe he is getting tired of drawing the comic all the time.


Well, if he only wants to post a comic one day a week, that's fine.

And then Achewood will die a slow death and we'll rename the forums and proceed along our merry lives.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: Choop on August 08, 2003, 03:12:26 am
I'm all for renaming the forums anyway.

$MEOW$
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: Nabubrush on August 08, 2003, 03:12:33 am
I'm down with that.

Dammit, Choopernickel, now my post is fucked up. Mine . . . oh, fuck it.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: Choop on August 08, 2003, 03:26:26 am
oh, it's okay, nabu.

By the way, check out my avatar some time! It's Ray -=OR=- Teodor dancing!

Which will it be? I don't know! It's random!

Oh, Lordy, Yes.

P.S. - congrats on reaching BLISTER, nabubrush.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: Nabubrush on August 08, 2003, 03:28:11 am
I think I may be the only person here who does not have an avatar. I do not understand the technological things. I have, however, been enjoying your avatar. If I had an animated avatar, I would want it to be Ray taking his head off.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: jough on August 08, 2003, 03:32:45 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"

By the way, check out my avatar some time! It's Ray -=OR=- Pat dancing!


I think you meant Ray or Teodor - but still, that's FRIKKIN AWESOME.

It's simple, yet I've never seen anyone do that before.  Very nice.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: Choop on August 08, 2003, 03:38:07 am
I don't know what you're getting at, jough.


 :wink:
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: The Wonderous Me on August 08, 2003, 03:08:56 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
But lo, your hypothetical maiden is swallowed whole by the six headed dragon of my awesome logic!

DANG, I THINK MAYBE I AM THE DWEEB!?


How is a six headed dragon logical? aren't the other 5 rather redundant and illogical?!!  hmmm..
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: Schabe on August 08, 2003, 03:28:24 pm
Charles Schulz would have murdered you all in your sleep.

(and still made his deadline!)
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: ferocious j on August 08, 2003, 05:59:46 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Yes, but if Mrs. Onstad were vomiting blood would you forgive him writing the wretched Variety Hour bit instead?

Well, it looks like no Wednesday strip.  All we can hope for is an early Friday strip.

I guess thinking up visual euphamisms for sex tired him out.

Fate has apparently chosen an ungrateful, whiny prick to be the admin of the new Achewood board, as opposed to the eminently more reasonable JLD.  

Fate, why did you not listen to me

bastard


(unless that post was meant to be a joke of some kind, in which case the humor was pretty damn opaque)
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: jay-ell on August 08, 2003, 06:02:03 pm
What?  I thought I was the admin of this board!?!?

Oh, you must have been referring to my illustrious colleague, Jough.  If you must know, he's my alter ego.  Sort of a spiritual thing, that.
Title: did it ever occur to you people
Post by: ferocious j on August 08, 2003, 06:11:19 pm
[Ray] There is a problem in your mind! [/Ray]

I can only hope that the JLD half of your brain can keep the Jough half in some sort of reasonable check, then.  ^_^