The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: arkabee on May 19, 2004, 02:16:34 am

Title: Front 242
Post by: arkabee on May 19, 2004, 02:16:34 am
i dunno, but Pulse is starting to grow on me.

i finally got around to the remix albums:
 angels versus animals- can't believe i waited so long.  as good as the twins.
 headhunter 2000- meh.  it was never my favorite song anyways, and it's got its good and its bad, but its definitely not an album.  worth it, definitely, for the completist like me.
 religion #1 ep- i like me the prodigy, so their remixes are fun.  if you don't like you the prodigy, skip it because it's more prodigy than 242.

so now i think i've collected them all. yay.

i dunno why i'm posting this.  you all with your hip young bands and whatnot.
Title: Front 242
Post by: sjlimmer on May 19, 2004, 04:34:06 pm
Hell, I'll appreciate the reviews even if no one else does.  I really enjoyed Front 242 when I saw them at Lollapalooza (the third one?) an eon ago, but I still only have 2 albums (Front by Front and Backcatalogue, plus the Tragedy (For You) single).  

The only one of the remix albums I've heard was Mutage Mixage, which I don't remember being that impressed with.  This is odd given some of the remixers involved (The Orb, Underworld).

Time for out-of-touch man to go back to his Sisters of Mercy CD.....
Title: Front 242
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 19, 2004, 05:22:27 pm
The "alternative dance night" we went to on Wednesdays during college always, ALWAYS played "Headhunter."

In fact, we suspected the DJ just had a tape he played every week because it was always the same freakin' songs.
Title: Front 242
Post by: arkabee on May 19, 2004, 09:50:16 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Hell, I'll appreciate the reviews even if no one else does.  I really enjoyed Front 242 when I saw them at Lollapalooza (the third one?) an eon ago, but I still only have 2 albums (Front by Front and Backcatalogue, plus the Tragedy (For You) single).  


most likely that was when they were supporting the 93 albums, 05:22:09:12 Off  and  06:21:03:11 Up Evil.  in my opinion, they should have just been relased as a double cd, but are spectacular pieces of beauty.

if that was the tour, and you liked it, then the cd's you have aren't really representative.  don't get me wrong, i looove the old stuff too, but the twins from '93 are just superb.

also, mutage mixage is pretty weak, imho.  i don't think many of the mixers really "got" front 242, and pretty much just put their "mark" on each song rather than trying to make the songs grow.
Title: Front 242
Post by: arkabee on May 19, 2004, 09:54:41 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
The "alternative dance night" we went to on Wednesdays during college always, ALWAYS played "Headhunter."

In fact, we suspected the DJ just had a tape he played every week because it was always the same freakin' songs.


did you hang the dj, hang the dj, hang the dj?
Title: Front 242
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 20, 2004, 02:56:13 pm
No, but he did have a head like a hole.  Black as his soul.  I'd rather die than give him control.
Title: Front 242
Post by: Nabubrush on May 21, 2004, 02:36:38 am
Did he, or anyone else, want to fuck you in the back of his car? Because that can be disturbing.
Title: Front 242
Post by: ottermeister on July 27, 2004, 09:30:05 pm
And was it a red hot car?