The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Nabubrush on May 20, 2004, 03:02:57 am
-
OK, not really, but I always loved that Simpsons episode. So, I know at least Paul and Slink got this CD - what did you guys think? I've had it for a week or two and I didn't listen to it, quite frankly because I was a little worried. Well, I've listened to it several times now and I quite enjoy it, especially the tracks with Cronos, Mike Dean, Wino, Snake, and Eric Wagner.
Here's the deal, though. I sort of remember liking DRI when they came out, but that guys song on this CD kind of sucks. It would have been nice if he had stuck to the original DRI program and just recorded a 34 second song.
-
I have had this since, well about when it came out. It got a few listens, and I somewhat enjoyed it, but I have been listening to it much more recently.
A friend kind of got me to try it out again, and I have been enjoying more and more. Having gone to see the Foo's last time they were in Newcastle with a friend and picked up One By One on it's release, I can now vouch for the fact that while it was quite good, and they do kick ass live, P***** is actually a more complete and better album.
I have always been partial to metal, while also hating most of it (I dig AiC and Machine Head but not Metallica or some shit), so maybe it's that. I do also think Emerald Sky is a great track, and My Tortured Soul has a fantasitc lead riff.
I had of course also been waiting for the album for a long time, having heard about it about a year before. Thus maybe it let me down a little when it arrived first off.
-
Yeah, I'd been waiting for this for a while as well. I have sort of a thing for Dave and Foo Fighters. For some reason, I really like FF about ten times as much as Nirvana. I think that's why I was a little hesitant to dive right in.
-
I love Dave Grohl's drumming, but the Foo Fighters don't do much for me. Nirvana kicks all kinds of ass of course and Grohl's drumming is a big part of it, he's just not a great songwriter like Cobain. P***** is pretty great however. Some of the tunes are cheesy, but it rocks really hard. And Lemmy rules, but that's not news.
~Paul