The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on May 20, 2004, 10:49:17 am

Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: palm trees on May 20, 2004, 10:49:17 am
man, how on earth does philippe manage to be so cute, even when telling a gruesome and strange yo mama joke?
*i think it may be the car


anyway, top right panel is a nice touch.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: andalucia on May 20, 2004, 11:00:29 am
I especially like how sad he looks in the last panel.  He didn't want it to have to come to this.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: arlucasinc on May 20, 2004, 12:54:18 pm
I don't think he looks sad at all.

Man, I love when Philippe just exceeds expectations like this. I was really hoping he was going to honk the horn on his ride, though...
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Pedro Picasso on May 20, 2004, 01:11:31 pm
Holy .... freaking ... HELL, that was funny.

Poor Pat's mouth dropped open like he was going to have himself a pork-pie heart attack.  Heaven sakes, people; the mayor.  Frickin' frackin' hilarious.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Bozack on May 20, 2004, 01:44:14 pm
"Did you come down here to sit session with the dirtiest dudes in town?"

God, I love this comic strip.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: AugustWest on May 20, 2004, 02:02:16 pm
I'm always happy to see that obnoxious prick, Pat.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Nabubrush on May 20, 2004, 02:18:39 pm
It's like Philippe just is playing a wholly different, and far dirtier, game than the dirtiest dudes in town.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: St_Zartan on May 20, 2004, 02:37:36 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Poor Pat's mouth dropped open like he was going to have himself a pork-pie heart attack.


YES.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: CortJstr on May 20, 2004, 04:32:59 pm
When the image was first loading I though Philippe was on a roller coaster or something.

I still can't believe that dang old fool Pat went and bought himself another (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10042002) pork pie hat. I guess he realized he needed a special look to set himself apart. Also, he is a tool.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: slink on May 20, 2004, 05:03:21 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

I still can't believe that dang old fool Pat went and bought himself another (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10042002) pork pie hat.


I think I ought to get my friend to buy a pork pie hat. He kind of reminds me of Pat.

I'm just amazed they let Philippe in that place with his new car. Unless the car has been surgically connected to his pelvis?
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: V-Adore on May 20, 2004, 05:36:13 pm
I think this strip won me over with "some even got on the Mayor." Philippe wins at the Dozens forever.

I give it five minutes before he inadvertently says something true about Pat's mom and things come to blows.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: llimllib on May 20, 2004, 06:05:04 pm
This is the first achewood in a while that made me laugh out loud. When I look at that car, just thinking about the horn makes me laugh, and then phillipe's joke on top of that...priceless. Is phillipe just going to use the car as a chair, and sit at the table in it?

Also, does anyone know why it's called a pork pie hat? Are there such things as pork pies? And does this type of hat look like them?
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: sailor on May 20, 2004, 06:11:12 pm
Quote from: "llimllib"
This is the first achewood in a while that made me laugh out loud. When I look at that car, just thinking about the horn makes me laugh, and then phillipe's joke on top of that...priceless.


hell yes. 'stad is back in fine form.

the dirtiest dudes are back in town.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: St_Zartan on May 20, 2004, 06:21:42 pm
Quote from: "llimllib"
Also, does anyone know why it's called a pork pie hat? Are there such things as pork pies? And does this type of hat look like them?


Apparently the name is taken from its shape, which resembles - get ready - a pork pie (http://82.112.103.12/shop/system/index.html). I've got two conflicting sources here listing its origin at 1725 and 1860, both of which seem likely in that quaint, "mixing several varieties of garish fonts on a broadsheet advertising a quadreplegic midget sharpshooter" sort of way.

Myself, I miss steak and kidney pies. HERE COMES A BIG FAG
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: V-Adore on May 20, 2004, 06:49:55 pm
Entirely new and troubling thought: how does Philippe even know that one’s mother’s leg would contain hot bloody fat? He is, after all, an alive stuffed animal. Has he actually learned something about cat anatomy, or is this a gruesomely lucky guess?
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: ferocious j on May 20, 2004, 06:51:36 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I give it five minutes before he inadvertently says something true about Pat's mom and things come to blows.

Psychic truth.  Although I'd bet even money between Pat's mom or Ray's.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: slink on May 20, 2004, 06:55:06 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Has he actually learned something about cat anatomy, or is this a gruesomely lucky guess?


It's got to be baby animal murder school paying off.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: slink on May 20, 2004, 06:56:39 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"

Psychic truth.  Although I'd bet even money between Pat's mom or Ray's.


And oh lord I have to see that. I just want to see what Ray would say to protect his mom.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: arlucasinc on May 20, 2004, 07:21:03 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Poor Pat's mouth dropped open like he was going to have himself a pork-pie heart attack.


YES.


Also, take a good hard look at Beef's eyes. Poor dude is just completely taken aback.

Quote from: "slink"
I'm just amazed they let Philippe in that place with his new car.


Well, they're just sitting outside, and Philippe just kinda pulled up.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 20, 2004, 07:46:04 pm
Not the Mayor!  NOT THE MAYOR!!
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Gimpson on May 20, 2004, 07:51:50 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Psychic truth.  Although I'd bet even money between Pat's mom or Ray's.


It wouldn't come to blows with Ray, he'd just pout.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 20, 2004, 08:06:55 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "llimllib"
Also, does anyone know why it's called a pork pie hat? Are there such things as pork pies? And does this type of hat look like them?


Apparently the name is taken from its shape, which resembles - get ready - a pork pie (http://82.112.103.12/shop/system/index.html). I've got two conflicting sources here listing its origin at 1725 and 1860, both of which seem likely in that quaint, "mixing several varieties of garish fonts on a broadsheet advertising a quadreplegic midget sharpshooter" sort of way.


Weirder yet: Charles MINGUS had a song called "Goodbye Porkpie Hat" (http://www.jmdl.com/glossary/porkpiehat.cfm) The hat pictured on the site, though is NOT a porkpie hat so go figure.

Here's one: (fifth down) hats! (http://www.shushans.com/thirtysevenpage.html)
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: sjlimmer on May 20, 2004, 08:38:07 pm
I own a porkpie hat.  And I'm a dick.  I hate being Pat....
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: miles on May 20, 2004, 08:54:58 pm
Ha ha, me too.  Actually, what I thought was that a human, not Philippe (I didn't notice that it was his vehicle from the rear view) was getting onto some kind of amusement park boat ride, less like a roller coaster or Splash Mountain and more like a Pirates of the Carribbean ride.  Then I thought that the dirty dudes were "props" in the ride.

I swear, this actually went through my mind.

Quote from: "CortJstr"
When the image was first loading I though Philippe was on a roller coaster or something.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: V-Adore on May 20, 2004, 08:57:24 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Ha ha, me too.  Actually, what I thought was that a human, not Philippe (I didn't notice that it was his vehicle from the rear view) was getting onto some kind of amusement park boat ride, less like a roller coaster or Splash Mountain and more like a Pirates of the Carribbean ride.  Then I thought that the dirty dudes were "props" in the ride.

I swear, this actually went through my mind.

Ache Mountain?

The sad thing is that I would go to Achewood World if it actually existed, although were I with a small child, I would probably not buy them a Roast Beef hat. Not even if they embroidered the kid's name on the back.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: wombat on May 20, 2004, 09:12:53 pm
Achewood World would have really good refreshment stands, with all foods from the cookbook (and of course, the drinks too).  There'd be a ride simulating Roast Beef's trip to the moon and a horror house where Nice Pete takes you to an ice cream parlor.  There would NOT be people dressed up as the characters in big scary suits.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 20, 2004, 09:29:43 pm
And there'd be these theatre-type things with floor shows by Animalicious and Nightlife Mingus and Robert Johnson. For the finale, Ray would come out and sing "ass in your #####".

It would be kind of like Branson. A lot like Branson, actually, without the drug stores overstocked with Stool Softeners and laxatives.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: MSC on May 20, 2004, 10:02:54 pm
Many great things about this strip have been noted.  Three more:

1.  We learn more about the locale and nature of The Underground.  Phillipe enters it through what appears to be a drainpipe/culvert.  I guess on the way to the bay are Underground Italian restaurants.

2.  Onstad's rendering of Luigi's is really nicely laid out.  The name in the upper left, the brick wall, the patio in the lower right.  Very pleasing to behold.

3.  Notice (of course) that Ray has drained his wine.  Roast Beef is drinking moderately, while Pat hasn't even taken a sip.  The moral: Pat is a Dick.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: V-Adore on May 20, 2004, 10:05:30 pm
Quote from: "MSC"
3.  Notice (of course) that Ray has drained his wine.  Roast Beef is drinking moderately, while Pat hasn't even taken a sip.  The moral: Pat is a Dick.

To be fair to Pat (I may never type this phrase again), we have no idea if that's actually their first glass. Pat may well have drained three glasses already and is merely thinking hard about the fourth.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: slink on May 20, 2004, 10:53:40 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

It would be kind of like Branson. A lot like Branson, actually, without the drug stores overstocked with Stool Softeners and laxatives.


And for a moment there I though I liked the sound of Branson.

This strip does emote a feeling, something like Van Gogh's 'Cafe at Night'. You totally want to just pull up a chair.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: llimllib on May 21, 2004, 04:56:15 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
This strip does emote a feeling, something like Van Gogh's 'Cafe at Night'. You totally want to just pull up a chair.

or roll up in a roller coaster car with a horn that says "I'm a big fag" and plays music.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Mantonio on May 21, 2004, 08:13:24 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And there'd be these theatre-type things with floor shows by Animalicious and Nightlife Mingus and Robert Johnson.


Don't forget Blood Beagle. Or Sex Funeral. One dollar for a shot of scope, anyone?
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Mantonio on May 21, 2004, 08:15:07 pm
Of course, the *****s would have to dress up like former Presidents. Lie Bot would be Nixon, Vlad would be Clinton, Andy would be Coolige and Chucklebot would be, um, Carter, I guess.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Pedro Picasso on May 21, 2004, 08:41:47 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Of course, the *****s would have to dress up like former Presidents. Lie Bot would be Nixon, Vlad would be Clinton, Andy would be Coolige and Chucklebot would be, um, Carter, I guess.


Taft.  For heaven's sake, Chucklebot would be William Howard TAFT.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Mantonio on May 21, 2004, 08:47:05 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Of course, the *****s would have to dress up like former Presidents. Lie Bot would be Nixon, Vlad would be Clinton, Andy would be Coolige and Chucklebot would be, um, Carter, I guess.


Taft.  For heaven's sake, Chucklebot would be William Howard TAFT.


/smacks head.  

Of COURSE!  After all, Taft makes me chuckle.  Taft makes all of us chuckle.  Plus, Chucklebot's pretty damn fat.  How does a ***** get fat, btw?
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Pedro Picasso on May 21, 2004, 09:01:47 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
How does a robot get fat, btw?


A great question!  Little known fact: robots get fat by masturbating.

It's true.  I read it on Snopes.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Bozack on May 21, 2004, 09:35:25 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

A great question!  Little known fact: robots get fat by masturbating.


Wow.....I don't...I don't know what to say. Pedro, YOU. ARE. RAD.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: V-Adore on May 22, 2004, 01:08:15 am
I would make Chucklebot Buchanan, myself. He was probably gay, and he's definitely laughabe.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: Mantonio on May 22, 2004, 09:09:33 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I would make Chucklebot Buchanan, myself. He was probably gay, and he's definitely laughabe.


Butt! Butt! Chucklebot's all loveable and stuff.  Old James Buchanan, on the other hand, was a pretty loathsome fellow, what being all weak-kneed against those southron secessionists and all.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: revdj on May 22, 2004, 01:40:00 pm
I was slightly disturbed that Roast Beef wasn't in the middle.

It makes my T-Shirt obsolite.
Title: hot bloody fat - 20th may
Post by: arlucasinc on May 24, 2004, 06:07:57 pm
All I'm saying is that I hope one of my non-Achewood-reading friends (which, sadly, is most of them) hits me with a mom joke sometime in the near future, cause I'm just going to cold bust out with the hot bloody fat.

You know what I'm saying?

I showed this cartoon to my wife. She didn't understand why I thought it was so funny.