The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on May 21, 2004, 08:02:49 am
-
Just Curious: why is every thread in every topic locked?
-
Maybe Jough is hurt that we didn't invite him to be part of our polygamous fancy-breakfast-eating commune in Utah.
Of course you're invited, Number One! Let our threads go!
-
I didn't even notice at first - very strange. Maybe Sara has more power than she admitted? Or maybe Jough isn't as hands-off as he said.
-
Khaaaaaaaan!
-
Maybe this wouldn't have happened if we'd all remembered to add "Coldplay sucks" somewhere in the text of each post.
-
It's cold here... so cold...
My god, it's full of little lock icons!! Game over, man, game over!! It's a madhouse!!
(... and yes, before anyone else says it: locking threads is people. IT'S PEOPLE.)
-
sorry sorry sorry
I tried to lock a topic using the db control panel but locked them all.
Jough will post after me.
sorry sorry sorry
sara
-
This is what happens when I give a woman the keys to the store.
I'm going to get slapped for the above sentence later.
Anyway, I don't know what to say. I could revert the board back to the previous night's backup, but then we'd lose all of Thursday and Friday's posts.
Of course, the mods have the power to unlock any thread in their fora. So maybe they could unlock anything that's been active in the past few days.
Another option, which I shudder to think about, is that I could unlock ALL topics and free up any past thread for additions. Of course, mods could always re-lock any topic that surfaces with a new post.
I'll let you all decide and post here. I'm going away until Sunday morning, but will either leave things alone or open everything up then.
-
Although just a plebeian peon here, I think letting the mods unlock the threads they think need unlocked is a better plan than opening every cell of the madhouse and having to relock them.
The Mods should have a meeting with powerpoint presentations and proposals, and then have a power lunch and a vote.
-
The Mods should have a meeting with powerpoint presentations and proposals, and then have a power lunch and a vote.
You put a two-drink minimum on that there power lunch and I'm all for it!
-
You put a two-drink minimum on that there power lunch and I'm all for it!
See, ladies? Three years of marriage and they still think they have to get you drunk.
-
Mmmm, are you sure it was you he was trying to get drunk, JL?
-
You put a two-drink minimum on that there power lunch and I'm all for it!
See, ladies? Three years of marriage and they still think they have to get you drunk.
Maybe he feels like HE needs to be drunk....
-
Did I not just say that?
-
Did I not just say that?
I thought you meant he was hoping to get one of those other cute-young-thing mods drunk. Shocking suggestion, of course.
-
No need to fight over me, ladies. I can get you all drunk. Gents too, heck. Mamma always say, waste not, want not.
-
I bet, when it comes down to it, no one will really miss the locked threads. Also, someone get me drunk.
-
Did I not just say that?
I thought you meant he was hoping to get one of those other cute-young-thing mods drunk. Shocking suggestion, of course.
Now that you mention it, that is an equally valid interpretation of my post. Fine! You and your damn Ph.D!
-
Fine! You and your damn Ph.D!
It is possible that this was less over-intellectualizing and more wishful thinking that he wanted to get me drunk too. But that would be wrong.