Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Hambone

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« on: June 20, 2008, 01:06:20 pm »
The only Corliss I know is basketball player Corliss Williamson, who is a guy.  Is "Corliss" a female name?  (Insofar as it is a name to begin with, that is.) 

Then again, is "Cassandra" a male name?

2
Achewood / Re: 18 June 2008 - The Truth Is Revealed
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:59:43 pm »
I love how everyone in Beef's dream talks in small print. 

3
Now there's an Ebay selling tip -- whatever it is you're selling, just find some way to work the phrase "WHAT'S THE BEST THING YOU GOT" into the headline somehow.  You'll probably get a good four, five hits a day just off that phrase.

4
Achewood / Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
« on: April 17, 2008, 10:07:23 pm »
Correct title = "some kind of argument with a picture of a skeleton".

5
Achewood / Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« on: April 06, 2008, 09:31:46 pm »
remember how bad the "wee britain" story arc was in arrested development?
For reasons that had nothing to do with the "Wee Britain" premise itself and everything to do with a) the stupid Michael-doesn't-realize-this-girl-is-retarded storyline, b) the fact that said stupid storyline was carried on way too long, and c) Charlize Theron's complete inability to play comic roles/general lack of charisma? 

Yes, I remember that. 

As for this arc, I think it's turning a corner... I liked the first one, enjoyed the next two in a lukewarm kind of way, and now... well, this one is better.  I don't know why, but I think something's emerging beyond the repetitive British jokes. 

Of course, that means the arc is probably over.

6
Achewood / Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:28:46 am »
Man doesn't like dogs very much.
Man owns at least one dog. 

In case you are wondering what is up, here is a reference. 

7
Achewood / Re: 18th July 2007 - It is hoped that horns are modular
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:36:13 am »
I think my favorite thing about this strip is the implication that most of Ray's really serious transgressions involve him stepping on musical instruments.

8
Achewood / Re: 07/16/2007 - That ... sucks bro
« on: July 17, 2007, 02:37:52 am »
Would probably like this one better if it weren't basically a variation on that one "I'm a human!  This Jeff Beck album really cooks!" strip from several years back, which was a much better strip.  (One of my favorites...)

9
Achewood / Re: Conchita lives!
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:32:17 am »
Fair enough!  I know it means "shell", but... well, I guess I could go into a whole spiel about how this seems odd, but guys called "Dick" doesn't seem odd, though I sort of assumed in this case that "dick" i.e. c*ck was because of the name, whereas in this case the use of the word as a name and the use of the word to describe genitals are probably essentially separate, so does that make it different?

But anyway, it probably doesn't seem weirder than Dick because of etymology, or some kind of sexual double standard, it's because I've known that Dick was a name for a guy since I was a small boy, and also that it meant "c*ck" since, well, whenever one usually finds out that bit of information.  So I'm used to it.

10
Achewood / Re: July 10, 2007 - FEELIN UR DESPARE
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:24:51 am »
Well, let's see, disregarding guest strips... there's Steven the waiter... we've seen Robert Smith, George Michael, probably some other celebrity-type guys... should they count? 

Is Cartilage Head human? 

(Is it a problem that this human news reporter knows Ray?)

11
Achewood / Re: Conchita lives!
« on: July 08, 2007, 04:17:14 am »
What the hell?

(In all fairness, the last one is presumably accurate.)

Pages: [1]