Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - xSxFx

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:44:39 pm »
This is hard to relate to for me, which it really shouldn't be given who I am. The good Beef/depression strips didn't feel the need to have wacky non-sequiturs every other panel. Shouldn't a comic about depression be depressing.

It feels like Onstad is trying to write depressed cat comix but dodging the big bullets.

And I know it's probably Bad to wax psychoanalytic on a web comic author but v0v I have no mental association to go with "Connecticut-style", this is all this is giving me

2
I find I these days somewhat prefer "trying too hard" Achewood to "not trying" Achewood.

Yours,  :-\

3
Apologies for the highly obscure meme reference. I now have negative cans, but luckily some have taken them as their ticket to success.

My gift of contrition to you is that I am not addicted to PCP.

4
Wombat has a lurker admirer... thats cool.

but i dont liek u

Also, I think it's the combination of the drug thematic, the dark shades, the especially animated Todd and Ray's Fanny & Alexander -esque tux that combine to give this strip its eerie weirdness. It's a lot more disturbing to me than Beef being pregnant, because really, the governor of California already did all that. But he never did coke at anyone in a dark room during a fifth birthday party. Far as we know.

Also, the fact that it's today's strip posted yesterday adds to the eeriness.

5
My first thought was that Onstad had finally lost his mind. I know, don't ask me to explain what makes this different from all the previous strips he's ever done.
I registered to say Wombat is right.

(yes, you can quote me on that)

Never before has there been a strip in Achewood that would have compelled me to exercise the full power of LOL WUT.

Pages: [1]