Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - tryphon

Pages: [1]
1
History / Re: Victims of the space race
« on: February 28, 2008, 08:19:19 pm »
why has nobody made a movie about this i want to know now why

It would make a superb movie. The Judica-Cordiglia brothers have recently published an autobiography and it is truly fascinating.

2
History / Re: Victims of the space race
« on: February 27, 2008, 09:44:32 pm »
I kinda assumed that the USSR lost quite a few guys to the cosmos, what with the whole crushing need to get in space first and the cavalier attitude toward human life.
Indeed!
Please note that nearly ALL space historian deny the existence of these secret missions. I have met with people who tracked these capsules on behalf of the US Government and they confirmed these events (off the record).

3
Sports & Leisure / Re: Traditional shaving
« on: February 27, 2008, 09:42:55 pm »
Funny this thread should reopen, since I used my new/old DE Lady Gillette yesterday (as noted in the Today I'm Gonna thread). 

Smoothest.  Shave.  Ever. 

Now I've gotta learn to whip up a good lather.  Pedro's been using Proraso and building lather on his beard, so I'm going to use up the cake soap he started with. 

I know, in theory, how to do it, but I've not tried yet. 

Proraso is a great soap. Not upper crust, but very effective and soothing. One of my favorites. Make sure you use a brush: even a cheapo from WalMart will do in a pinch.

4
History / Re: Victims of the space race
« on: February 27, 2008, 03:03:25 pm »
http://lostcosmonauts.com/ linkfix

Thanks very much!!
I have now corrected the link.
Giovanni

5
History / Victims of the space race
« on: February 27, 2008, 12:03:52 pm »
OK, this is a very controversial topic: did the Soviets lose any cosmonauts in space before Gagarin?
I put the story of some interesting radio intercepts on a website: please give us your comments and keep an open mond!!
www.lostcosmaonauts.com
Giovanni

6
Sports & Leisure / Re: Traditional shaving
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:58:33 am »
First, let me say that I am glad I found this board! It covers a lot of topics and it is a lot of fun!
I am a keen wetshaver and also the webmaster of a shaving forum http://members.boardhost.com/razorandbrush/
Shaving can be a pleasure and it gives many of us "fans" a way to dedicate a few minutes of our day to a quiet and (for us) relaxing break. If you find using a canned foam and a cartridge razor a chore, you should try a vintage double-edge razor and a good shaving soap, applied with a brush: it is a way of pampering yourself!
Anyway, thanks for this Forum: I look forward to taking part in the various discussions!
Giovanni (Florida)

Pages: [1]