Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - yahnai

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
Achewood / Victorian Diving Apparatus - 2/22/2005
« on: February 23, 2005, 06:50:00 am »
Dude like posted links to hardcore gay porn with high school sports mascots.  It was weird.  I think he's funny, but what's with the weird sexual thing going on?  Video game characters humping, a sig pic from an old Playboy, gay porn, bludgeoning whores?  Dude..?  Where's your old sense of humor?  Are you bitter that Onstad called you Joey Quadrangle or whatever the hell it was that one time?

2
Achewood / Victorian Diving Apparatus - 2/22/2005
« on: February 23, 2005, 06:11:52 am »
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Aw, man, my ex-girlfriend just told the entire internet that I got premature ejaculation! I HATE days like today!


Repeat after me, Bozack.

"This is why we kill them when we're done with them."

Remember: Nothing says loving like hookers getting bludgeoned.


Are you doin' ok, man?  Your mom doesn't have MS or anything, does she?  You've been getting less funny and more creepy lately.

3
Achewood / Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« on: February 12, 2005, 08:46:05 am »
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Yeah, I'll always print them on 100# or equivalently "important-feeling" stock. I may also range into ecru, for those of you who really want your minds blown.


What serendipity.  I just got a new job, I have $29, and tomorrow afternoon when I'm sober I'm going to pick up a poster.  I got wasted a Murio's this evening.  Murio's is kind of like what's-'is-fuck's "nut shack" in Palo Alto, but it doesn't suck.  Thanks for the quality poster in my price range, Seņor Onstad.

4
Achewood / Achewood t-shirts
« on: February 03, 2005, 03:51:40 am »
Heh.  I frequently wear my shirt with Ray getting his "sugar balls on" printed on it.  Great shirt.  Nobody has recognized it, as far as I can tell.  I kind of hope they don't, actually.

5
Achewood / Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« on: February 02, 2005, 05:14:46 am »
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
It looks like this set of prints will sell out in just under 30 hours. I am working on a way to adapt the design to 2-color for a future run. The blue ink will be for first-run only, and subsequent runs may have like a red/black combo.


Congrats, dude!  $1600-ish bucks in 30 hours.  That's $53/hr.  About as much as my old roommate made working as a nurse in Walnut Creek.  But who wants to drive over a bridge to deliver Republican babies, anyway.

I'm glad you're reprinting them, because I was offline while they were on sale.  Red and black sounds kind of gaudy, but I'm sure you'll make it work.  You're still going to use the 100# paper for the second run, right?

6
Achewood / 2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« on: February 02, 2005, 05:05:50 am »
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
No what I am saying is you have way too many dorky buttons under your idea-messages. This isn't the fuck*ng Air Force, Tommy Toroid.


Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays! (We return Tuesday.)


I thought it was funny.  I think we hit a nerve, eh?

7
Achewood / Blogs as of January 24
« on: January 28, 2005, 05:18:36 am »
Quality.  Two clicks and I get detailed, illustrated instructions on how to manufacture artificial pu$$ys.

8
Achewood / Blogs as of January 24
« on: January 28, 2005, 01:01:22 am »
You know, tho, I lived in DC one summer in college, right?  I remember having to work when my ex-girlfriend and her buddy drove to Maryland to eat buckets of prawns and drink beer on the beach one afternoon.  I recall being jealous that I was missing out on an east coast flavor experience.

Then again, if I had eaten a bucket of shrimp and bunch of Schlitz (or whatever piss they drink on the East Coast), my shits would probably be as interesting in color and texture as Ray's post-Korean toilet debacle.

9
Achewood / Blogs as of January 24
« on: January 28, 2005, 12:47:33 am »
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "yahnai"
What the frik is Old Bay?


YOU GODLESS COUCHFUCK.


Godless, yes, but "couchfuck?"  The mental image is intriguing.  Is that normally a verb?  I picture a zit-faced teenybopper dry humping a couch in his parent's basement.  I just say, I am nothing of the sort.

I usually eat my shrimp (or "prawns" as we call them in San Francisco) either pan/wok fried with salt and pepper, or grilled with a mojo de ajo (garlic, lime, butter) sauce.  It's quite good if you can get the garlic to roast and sweeten from the grilling without overcooking the prawns.  This "Old Bay" exotica is something I have not experienced.  I take it you guys are recommending it on shellgiraffe?

I've been known to pull crabs out of the Pacific, and I'm wondering if using "Old Bay" might be a new seasoning for them.  I've been recently re-introduced to Singapore-style "chili crab" which is a conoction of crab covered in a southeast asian chili paste, whole black peppercorns, and egg.  It's quite good.  Those Singporeans have some phenominal seafood.  

Uh... I should be finishing the freelance marketing copy I'm supposed to write this afternoon, but I'm posting on the Achewood message board.  Jesus.   Need to concentrate...  Damn you internet....

10
Achewood / Blogs as of January 24
« on: January 27, 2005, 11:08:41 pm »
What the frik is Old Bay?

Whatever happened to salt and pepper... and maybe a little bit of paprika?  A fresh sprig of oregano?  Some thyme and rosemary?  If I wanted a "spice blend" I'd hit up the fines herbes.

You epicures and your zany brands of spice.

11
Achewood / Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« on: January 26, 2005, 09:44:52 am »
Bah!  And I _JUST_ got a new job, that sadly doesn't pay very well.  How am I supposed to pay off my weighty debts and purchase internet crap that I can't afford?  I just know I'll buy pint glasses if I buy a poster.

12
Achewood / Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« on: January 26, 2005, 04:02:59 am »
The #1 ended up going for a little over a hundred, and the #'s 2 and 3 a little over fifty or sixty?  What do you suppose the price points for 4 to 50 are going to be?

13
Achewood / Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« on: January 25, 2005, 10:21:37 pm »
Quote from: "yahnai"
"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.


Um, ok.  Bible fan fiction isn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be.  It's kind of like Pete's stuff.  I found a jewel where a little girl goes to hell on "judgement day" because she was raped by people speaking "Mexican." And people who aren't virgins on their wedding days go to hell, you know.  And then it gets weirder.  Mmmm.  Judgementlicious.

(Maybe NWS:) http://www.fanfiction.net/list.php?p=1&s=1&g=0&cr=14&l=1&len=0&c=700&pt=0

14
Achewood / Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« on: January 25, 2005, 10:16:23 pm »
"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.

15
Achewood / Re: McMonopoly ca. 2001 (Steralizer sketchbook entry)
« on: January 20, 2005, 08:52:15 am »
Photoshop?  Or perhaps Onstad's epicurean distain for Starbucks and Peets is an affectation?

My vote is for affectation.  Personally, I think he's full of it.

Pages: [1] 2 3