Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - CortesDiddy

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« on: March 13, 2013, 04:09:03 am »
that was actually Ray's skeleton

2
Achewood / Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:34:14 am »
More thoughts:

I thought the whiskey sketch was the most poorly translated bit. It was just really flat and awkward, especially the "kiss my ass bitch I'll be at Duane's" part. I cried when I saw this. (not really)

Actually every sketch had kind of flat parts and kind of funny parts. Just inconsistent overall.

I will be fine with Toby Huss, but it seems like he has yet to find a groove with Ray.

This show would do way better with a faster pace. Think Family Guy. MacFarlane knows how to do timing, even if his jokes are played out.

And I really can't get used to the mocap 3d style either. Cheap and minimal flash would suit Achewood so much better. Onstad gotta get him some Koreans/different Russians/Canadians.




3
Achewood / Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« on: March 01, 2013, 06:20:31 pm »
You all saw this, right?

http://youtu.be/b_97q16TFxk


I don't know how to video on this forum :(

Anyway I think that the voices aren't that bad and could grow on me. I think the timing is kind of flat, but maybe that's because I'm so used to all these setups from reading the comic a billion times that my standards are much higher.

Adult Swim would be so perfect for this. Spike or FOX would be awesome too. Back-to back Achewood and AXE COP???  :o Is so good.


I always imagined Ray and Beef to talk like this though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW-ryo1SnqE

So I actually think Ray's voice is rather close to that.  Could be toned down a bit though.
 I didn't expect Beef to sound the way he does, but it's also ok with me. It's also Onstad himself so that's just damn fine.

Apparently Ray's VA is Artie the Strongest Man in the World from Pete & Pete. OMG 90s!!!!

I still think the animation is too 'uncanny valley' (like what is up with Tina, girl looks all weird).

I was hoping for more hand drawn flash styles. Anybody ever see the Shmorky animation?

Anyway, I WILL watch the butts out of this show. If it actually becomes a thing. And they change the voices. And the animation. Lol jk brah

4
Achewood / Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:20:49 am »
I really have a thing for girls with petite T/ thick A

somebody's going to crack a joke at me for bumping this, and I'll just sit here bein' correct, and they'll be wrong.

5
Achewood / Re: April 10 2009 Oooh, those beggy little hands!
« on: August 21, 2012, 05:08:48 am »
Whatever, cans are too mainstream now. DOWN WITH THE REPTILIANS

6
Achewood / Re: April 10 2009 Oooh, those beggy little hands!
« on: August 18, 2012, 05:18:58 am »
Awesome, five cans!

One day, I will have six cans.

7
Achewood / Re: April 10 2009 Oooh, those beggy little hands!
« on: August 18, 2012, 05:03:28 am »
Parts of these things here and there do not resemble anything a five year old would say. For example "websites that wait for you to die" and the section about England.
I'm convinced large portions of The Philippe Times are ghostwritten by Beef.

8
Achewood / Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:39 pm »
I kind of figured how this would end back in January. Teodor, he of the eternally frustrated libido. T still sounds like T IMO, but it's kind of lame how Mr. Bear has since developed; his dialogue doesn't really convey anything. I can't believe anybody would ever talk that way in any situation. Some of his phrases were familiar, but his dialogue has gone wayyy too purple.

I think it's interesting how the phrase "take no truck" was first used by Nice Pete.

9
Achewood / Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:01:25 am »
I've been an Altimiter-Tim type at too many parties.
I used to smoke a lot of weed.

That's cool. Cause sometimes I was more like Theo Freedom myself.

10
Achewood / Re: Is the Bough Dry?
« on: June 22, 2012, 09:51:53 pm »
Plus you know, the Portland Mercury thing. You have to be on your fuck*ng GAME if you are writing anything professionally. Writing is arguably an even more obsessive art and more intense in its demands than comics/telling good jokes.

Not to mention his audience for that apparently are even bigger assholes than most of the Achewood fanbase.

11
Achewood / Re: Is the Bough Dry?
« on: June 22, 2012, 07:42:04 pm »
The last great arc imo was "Philippe, Entrepeneur"

12
Achewood / Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« on: June 22, 2012, 07:39:41 pm »
I've had too many conversations with Altimiter-Tim types at parties.

13
Achewood / Re: 19th May 2012 - Can't you SEE?!
« on: May 21, 2012, 02:10:24 am »
I think there was one review of his that really did get quite unnecessarily purple and rambling for a food review. That kind of fueled a backlash of uppity bitchiness that's lasted far longer than it should have, but that's apparently the nature of the comment culture that's developed on that website. A lot of blogs and shit on the web have that "miserable internet ghetto" feel going on where half of the regular commenters will never ever get along with the other half.


Grover Cleveland: Impeccable kind of sounds like a gay porno

14
Achewood / Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« on: May 15, 2012, 12:15:58 am »
I'm sure Todd added that unnecessary apostrophe when he left just to spite Connie.

15
Achewood / Re: 1st April 2012 - after mother tastes the pizza
« on: April 03, 2012, 02:46:42 am »
I've had dreams/daymares like this as a kid when I was in bed sick or something.

Only they didn't end in a sad way, and usually ended in me getting to pet farm animals or something.

Pages: [1] 2