Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - schnitzelbank

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
People & Places / Re: Fuck summer
« on: July 07, 2010, 05:10:58 am »
Despite a degree of paleness that makes summer an endless loop of slathering on goop to ward off the burning death orb's cancer rays, the invasion of tourists, and the bugs, I am pro-summer. Lack of sunlight bums me out something fierce.

Summer in New York, however? Fuck. that. noise.
The only difference between neighborhoods is the price of the alcohol that gets turned into vomit and urine; and the dog food into piles of poo on the sidewalk. I'll take DC's stinky gingko trees over NY sidewalks any day. 

2
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: June 18, 2010, 12:15:42 am »

3
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: June 17, 2010, 05:49:28 pm »
...make something nice, because my very first Flash animation is evil:
(Warning: links are very annoying. Adorable with the sound off, a weapon with the sound on.)
http://www.theschnitzelbank.net/vuvuzela
The second one is worse (vuvuzelas are awful, you say? I will show you *awful*) because the idea came from Mr. Schnitzelbank:
http://www.theschnitzelbank.net/makeitstop

4
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Book Thread
« on: June 05, 2010, 07:34:34 am »
I have a stack of non-fiction eating my brain right now. I am tempted to read all the Dianna Wynne Jones books again. An NPR story on Stieg Larsson has me thinking of reading his books, and some magical realism by way of Isabel Allende sounds good. Oh wonk books, why must you be in the way and so full of information I need?

5
Wild Card / Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« on: June 05, 2010, 07:26:22 am »
The chance of shenanigans driven by newly pokey bits in your insides, though it may be small, should prompt a visit to the doctor. Better safe than sorry, as others have said. 

6
History / Re: total hunt's move
« on: May 17, 2010, 10:33:04 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
Here's the answer - all 89 minutes of it, and surprisingly entertaining.

7
People & Places / Re: Mixtape 2010
« on: May 14, 2010, 02:38:10 am »

We have decided to get our bone on to every mixtape that was and/or will be sent to us.

Lprkn's came first (so to speak), it was a bit of a challenge due to the genre not exactly lending itself to getting mad-rutty.


I don't know what your problem was, but I got mine. Success!

8
There should be no argument here. If your beliefs are against supplying emergency contraception to victims of sexual assault, you have no business being in the medical field.

This.

9
Wild Card / Re: Banking to military
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:16:36 am »
Have you thought about Teach for America or the Peace Corps?
http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.grads
Some NGOs need people with financial backgrounds.
If you do go in:
Air Force, Air Force, Air Force.
The doctors are better, the housing is better, the jobs are often better - ask a veteran and the list gets longer.
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airforcejoin/a/afbmt1.htm
Don't trust recruiters. It's worth repeating what others have said: Get everything in writing. In case something goes horribly wrong medically, become familiar with the UCMJ concerning discharges and have the numbers of your elected representatives handy.
On the bright side the Post 9/11 GI Bill does not suck.

10
History / Re: sympathy for the Haitians
« on: February 11, 2010, 11:08:49 pm »

I am one of those idiots slipping around and falling on my ass because I do not have real boots. My old ones wore out and I never got new ones... oh well.
my big nike hightops are doing OK, though... better than the converses I used to wear, those things had zero traction.

I have YakTrax. They make the trek uphill in the snow to buy ingredients to appease angry weather gods possible. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to crack eggs over my head, wrap myself in toilet paper, pour milk over the balcony, and jump over a sterno can with bread mashed into my toes three times to ensure the return of the sun. 

11
Wild Card / Re: quality hmmm
« on: February 01, 2010, 06:44:08 pm »


...Australian...The Wiggles...

This made me think of Dylan Moran's take on Australia and the Wiggles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZY17y1MVl4

12
People & Places / Re: well, in MY day.......
« on: January 27, 2010, 09:01:41 pm »
I had a book of Grimm's fairy tales printed in the early 1900s. Blood, gore, betrayal - all the things a wee mind needs to grow and wonder why Disney movies were so lame in comparison.

13
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: January 16, 2010, 05:16:07 am »
haitian ambassador hands pat roberts his ass here

This is now my second-favorite response after the Ambassador's:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/01/the_devil_writes_pat_robertson.html?sc=fb&cc=fp

14
People & Places / Re: Secret Santa
« on: January 10, 2010, 04:32:08 pm »
You know, I'm actually not sure whether you are talking about the movies or the whiskey.

The whiskey is destined to be added to fruit and butter in a pan, then set on fire before being added to a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream. It will be dispatched like a Viking. A fruitthatwastypedandmodified-flavored Viking.

15
Achewood / Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
« on: January 05, 2010, 03:10:33 am »
Mongooses. Stare at it for a while.

Pages: [1] 2 3