Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - bluemoon72

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34
1
People & Places / Re: well, in MY day.......
« on: February 01, 2010, 09:16:54 pm »
Anyone else read Millions of Cats by Wanda Gag?  That was a favorite of mine as a wee lass. 



Also, Robert Cormier (The Cheese Stands Alone and The Chocolate War, good thoughtful stuff for junior high kids), Judy Blume, Trixie Belden books, anything about the paranormal, Stephen King, and 1984.  (Seriously, I read that one when I was 8, and loved it.)

2
People & Places / Re: Birthday Wishes
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:39:52 pm »
Yes, but are they all-female?

Sadly, no.  :(

3
Wild Card / Re: Twenty questions guy
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:26:26 pm »
It guessed Sherlock Holmes in 11, and I stumped it with Nice Pete (but Nice Pete was in the list of possible matches after I entered his name, so I must have answered the questions differently from other Nice Pete attempters).

4
People & Places / Re: Birthday Wishes
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:19:45 pm »
A friend was just telling me about when she saw Lez Zeppelin. She wasn't impressed.

Here in the Twin Cities we have both "Zed Leppelin" and "Dread Zeppelin," and they rawk. 

5
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: February 01, 2010, 05:03:24 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welcome back.

Welcome back.  We missed you.

Thank you all so much!  I missed you guys, too.  Greenkoolayd, I'm sorry I've been out of contact; I owe you phone calls and emails and internet hugs, big-time.  I hope all's been well.   

6
Science & Nature / Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« on: February 01, 2010, 04:59:45 pm »
Here's another idea: make your loved one's cremated remains - pet or human, or, if they are not dead, their HAIR - into a diamond.
http://www.lifegem.com/secondary/beloved_pets_main2006.aspx

I don't know why, but about 10 years ago I thought it would be really cool to own a pet cemetary and sell these things as an add-on service.  (Was I high?  No.)

7
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: February 01, 2010, 04:45:37 pm »
...come back to the board.  Hi everyone!  Thanks for the note, Paul!  

I've been emotionally hibernating after moving out from my husband.  I now have a home that I rent, a little cottage in the BEST neighborhood in north Minneapolis (/obvious sarcasm).  Actually, it's a decent little neighborhood about four blocks from a horrific area.  But my little house is quiet and cozy and cute and unique, and has a fully-privacy-fenced backyard with gardens, perfect for my two small dogs to run around in when the snow melts in June.  (That was also a small joke.)

I packed up all my stuff, moved, unpacked half of my stuff, bought and moved furniture found through coworkers and Craigslist, and shopped for all the stuff I needed to actually live (all basic groceries like rice, milk, spices/seasonings, cheese, eggs, crackers, frozen vegetables, soup, etc; and all sundry essentials like pots and pans, toothpaste, towels, screwdrivers, pens, drinking glasses, microwave dishes, etc.) in the space of one week.  One very, very, very exhausting week.  Now it's two weeks later and I'm finally recovered, and still only have about half of my stuff unpacked.  

In the meantime, my husband has had an epiphany about his behaviors and is proclaiming the end of his self-centeredness and the start of listening to me and caring about what I think and feel, and desperately wants me back.  I am neutral about this, at best.  I'm happy to be on my own, even though I'm dog-ass broke.  

8
People & Places / Re: Are there any queers in the theater tonight?
« on: January 22, 2010, 04:14:38 am »
i am drawn to tacos.

Even if that wasn't meant as a euphemism, it was. 

9
I simply want to know how many posts you need before your title is Stinkfist.

Have a refreshing can.

10
I simply want to know if A-cap met Mark while at Eastern State Hospital.  http://markgerardmiller.wordpress.com/2009/11/01/stinkfist/

11
Science & Nature / Re: math help
« on: January 21, 2010, 04:01:41 am »
CCWW.

12
When you've earned the right to ask that question, the answer will reveal itself to you. You're not capable of understanding that knowledge right now.

Damn, I wish it were Friday.

Guess I'll just proclaim it Kiss My Ass Tuesday.

13
Arts & Entertainment / Re: I demand a bio-pic for Freddy Mercury!
« on: January 20, 2010, 04:08:32 am »
You pronounce it just like ghoti.

Mmm, ghoti stew with ghoughpteighbteaus.

14
People & Places / Re: Wombat, it's your birthday
« on: January 20, 2010, 03:22:44 am »
LOL, I just realized the pug necklace puglace is in the same place your Secret Satan gift is, smets (and greenkoolayd's Christmas presents too).  I believe I did not pack this bag away upon my moving; I believe these treasures are secreted away in my car's trunk.  This will be solved by the weekend.

15
Arts & Entertainment / Re: I demand a bio-pic for Freddy Mercury!
« on: January 20, 2010, 03:17:25 am »
Could be:  Juff (like tough), Joff (like cough), Jew (like through), Jow (like bough), Joe (like dough).  While my brain hears it Joff, upon consideration, I'm going with Joe.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34