1
Achewood / Re: assetbar down
« on: October 09, 2009, 07:45:31 am »
I was a pretty consistent poster on Assetbar, the free version at least, and I am pretty sad to see it (most likely) go away forever and ever. A nice little community had been built up, more or less, and some extremely funny things were posted alongside madmens' screeds about _____.
I have no beef with the fan-flow, I just thought it was destined to not make that much money. It would reach a saturation point, everyone who wanted to pay for it would, and then just sort of bottom out. Then again, last time I thought about it, it (along with the main site) were being updated maybe once every week and a half--unless you count updates about what was soon to be updated. Things are moving more quickly now, at least that looks to be the case for the premium content. So the way I saw it, no one saw new Achewood content, therefore no one would pay for the premium service other than the initial subscribers. Not that we're all discussing the premium subscription...
Anyway, just pouring a block of text out for the loss of Assetbar, on the nearest and most related internet curb.
I have no beef with the fan-flow, I just thought it was destined to not make that much money. It would reach a saturation point, everyone who wanted to pay for it would, and then just sort of bottom out. Then again, last time I thought about it, it (along with the main site) were being updated maybe once every week and a half--unless you count updates about what was soon to be updated. Things are moving more quickly now, at least that looks to be the case for the premium content. So the way I saw it, no one saw new Achewood content, therefore no one would pay for the premium service other than the initial subscribers. Not that we're all discussing the premium subscription...
Anyway, just pouring a block of text out for the loss of Assetbar, on the nearest and most related internet curb.