Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sammyjankis

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / achewood thanksgiving
« on: November 26, 2003, 01:16:30 pm »
I do say underwhelming as an upstanding citizen of the United Kingdom - so some regionalisation would be nice (aside from the previous asiatic excursion)

A Guy Fawkes achewood would be great (and anti-British Government, which I'm all for).  Just imagine... Philippe trying to hold a sparkler.

2
Achewood / Re: achewood thanksgiving
« on: November 26, 2003, 08:41:02 am »
Quote from: "doomglobe"
was originally aired on serializer a year ago. interesting.


That was a 'repeat'?  Bit underwhelming - oh well, news to me as a non-serializer-er.  I think the shift to something colourful will help arrest any possible trauma that may be suffered otherwise.

The preceding story has to go down as one of the greatest in achewood's (delightful) history.  So some fridge-magnet-style things are a nice return to the sublime and odd.  As opposed to the the sublime and tragic.

3
Achewood / www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
« on: November 25, 2003, 03:38:04 pm »
This story is certainly up there with the Touch Me Not incident for emotional power (on Philippe's part) - he and nature do not do well.

And for a bonus 20 points who knows what gun Ray used?

4
Achewood / www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
« on: November 25, 2003, 11:33:42 am »
I love Ray's hoodie.  And it's good to see the otter's OK - although the penultimate panel is very moving.:(

But you can never have enough hugs references.

5
Achewood / Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« on: November 21, 2003, 02:19:19 pm »
If there's a second "Ka-Wump" then that suggests that the axel of the rear wheels was close enough to the ground to collide with Philippe's poor victim - so by that time the front wheels should have stabalised.  I don't think there's much chance that the van will tumble.

That said - who knows how the physics of such an incident would play out when the only ballast in the van (other than it's own chassis) is an otter in a bumblebee suit?

Will the terror of this wild adventure ever end?

6
Achewood / The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« on: November 20, 2003, 02:55:29 pm »
Quote from: "jldunston"
Okay, kids.  I'm laying down the law.  

no more "first post!" posts

What the hell, people?  This is not /.  If you have something to say about the comic, fine.  But please don't make it into a "who can stay up latest and refresh Onstad's page the most times" contest.


Sorry - can I use the noobie excuse?  Guess I have an advantage being on this side of the Atlantic.  But I've got one so I'll be happy forever.  And from now on will endeavour to provide erudite and witty comments or discussion on this fine strip.


Promise.  :yinyang:

7
Achewood / The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« on: November 19, 2003, 10:40:03 am »
Beef'll probably get a Pi symbol next. Bless 'im.

8
Achewood / The Ardbeg and the Omega (11-18-03)
« on: November 19, 2003, 10:03:08 am »
Me first!  Wow.  I feel special. :)
Ok - so there's no easy way to use Roastbeef's latest Tetris block.

Strip.

9
Achewood / Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« on: November 18, 2003, 12:49:40 am »
Quote
Not just wingtips, but wingtip boots.


With a cuban heel.  A crepe sole in these circumstances may not be the most resiliant but I imagine it's traction against stainless steel when turning ignition keys would be invaluable.

Let's just hope Phillipe can slow down before he collides with Ray's truck.  Just think how deep the bite marks would be when he sees that monster-vehicle looming towards him. :(

10
Achewood / ... 11/13
« on: November 13, 2003, 09:04:51 am »
OK - so who's a fan of Gelati brand Ice Creams?
(Flavours include Tofu)

11
Achewood / Send all the children to Hell - 11/11/2003
« on: November 11, 2003, 04:18:31 pm »
I think the latest narrative is the reason Achewood outshines the competition.
The sinister surealism of it all is like something from a Daniel Clowes novel - just with an adorable otter.


In a bumblebee suit.


Looking for Ice Cream.


In the rain...


This is too much, when will we know?![/color]

12
Achewood / 11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« on: November 10, 2003, 03:24:35 pm »
Hello all - my first post in this fine forum - I hope we enjoy many hours together.

The suspense is too much .  Maybe the Bumblebee suit will deflect any attempts on Phillipe's health.  We can only hope.

And I could do that Tetris block... :o

Pages: [1]