Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - andalucia

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 110
1
Wild Card / Re: New Forum Software
« on: December 18, 2005, 03:04:35 pm »
It's cold and I'm afraid.  A bunch of yellow faces are lined up in a row above what I am typing.  Some, their little faces are moving.  This will take quite a lot of adjustment.

Edit 1: Also, I am no longer Morrissey's Pompadour, but I have apparently earned some stars.

Edit 2:  Do we... do we really need that Karma feature?


2
Achewood / 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
« on: December 17, 2005, 03:43:09 am »
Quote from: "rumpy doppelganger"
oh, and hilarious comic today :chink: :dunce:  :heybaby:


So, um if you look at that first emoticon in quote/edit, it appears that the code for it is "chink".  Basically I have a couple of issues with this.

3
Science & Nature / Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« on: December 16, 2005, 04:52:16 pm »
I figured this was a substantial enough discussion to merit its own thread, so people can continue asking their divers questions in the old thread.

4
History / What's going on up there?
« on: December 15, 2005, 07:35:24 pm »
This is the first election I'm old enough to vote in, and I'm pretty disappointed that it's such a crummy one.  I found out the NDP candidate for my riding is some dude who goes to my school and his only political experience is running a GSA at cégep, so I'm probably gonna vote Bloc, cause last time the Liberal candidate here beat them by something like 72 votes.

5
History / Execution of Stan Tookie Williams
« on: December 14, 2005, 04:42:37 pm »
Keep it under control, OK?
We already did the abortion thread and it was unpleasant and I just want everyone to get along and debating abortion is pretty much the worst way to go about that.  I think the point of comparison that CJ brought up is totally legitimate, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants this thread to stay away from that topic?  Cause the death penalty is controversial enough?


Look at me, all being a moderator.

6
Achewood / 12.12.05 no diabetes at all
« on: December 14, 2005, 04:36:02 pm »
Man... we have... protocols and things now?

7
Wild Card / Nevermind.
« on: December 13, 2005, 10:48:11 pm »
Wow!  I was going to close this thread, but I'm going to leave it open so everyone has a chance nice things.  Congratulations Melanie!

8
Science & Nature / Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« on: December 13, 2005, 01:24:02 am »
See, I told you.

9
Wild Card / Nevermind.
« on: December 12, 2005, 11:02:37 pm »
Should I leave this open?  I haven't moderated anything in ever-so-long...

10
Science & Nature / StumbleUpon
« on: December 09, 2005, 06:42:21 pm »
Yes, I like how it shows me nice things for to look at, but I got a little weirded out by it when I started getting "reviewed"
http://an-daluci-a.stumbleupon.com/

11
Achewood / 08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« on: December 08, 2005, 05:27:23 pm »
Quote from: "jough"
Bitches Brew is NOT "smooth jazz" beyotch!


Yeah, for serious.  I would fail you on a jazz final for that, personally.  Mostly cause I'd rather be doing the kind of studying that involves listening to Miles Davis rather than the kind that involves rereading the Republic.

12
Achewood / 2005 Weblog Awards?
« on: December 08, 2005, 05:25:21 pm »
Yeah, see, I like Achewood, and I don't especially care for any of the other contenders, but Achewood just is not a blog, and I am wondering how it even got on their list.

13
Science & Nature / Pre-Sickness
« on: December 08, 2005, 03:29:09 pm »
Keep the fluids up, lots of bed rest.  Everything your parents told you is right.  Orange juice.

14
Arts & Entertainment / For I am a Rain Dog Too
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:56:14 am »
Quote from: "Bozack"
I had Knob Creek; andalucia had some sort of brandy crap, because she wasn't tough enough for the ol' Southern Comfort (my gay porno name, coincidentally). It ain't bourbon, but it's gettin' closer.


Look, they are approximately the same colour, start with the same letter, and are both foul.  I do what I can with the contents of the pantry.  It doesn't mean I love Tom Waits any less.

15
Arts & Entertainment / For I am a Rain Dog Too
« on: December 07, 2005, 07:33:18 pm »
OK, Bozack and I just did shots.  Tom Waits is the only person who could make me drink on the internet.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 110