Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - The Moose King

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: Who's Rambo? - 17 February 2004
« on: February 18, 2004, 09:16:31 am »
Quote from: "jough"
You haven't been to school since before people knew they could eat eggs.

Yeah, that's great... but I don't think the big punchline is even the best thing here.  Little Nephew's line in the previous panel is just so great... he's got Ray riled up, and he's gradually gaining confidence, turning this from a simple question into an argument, talking trash while spurring himself on, "Yeah!  Yeah!"  The kid is his own Flavor Flav (blinking tooth not included).

2
Achewood / Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
« on: February 18, 2004, 09:11:30 am »
"I'm the guy who sucks.  Plus I got depression."

3
Achewood / Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
« on: February 18, 2004, 09:08:46 am »
I remember reading where some guy was talking about some really bad electronic music, and he said, "How do you know a r-o-b-o-t's ass is bad?  It just looks like this."

"Boo to that", as mentioned before, is probably of more universal applicability.

4
Achewood / Almost Got Lethal Injection
« on: February 10, 2004, 07:47:49 pm »
Yeah.  It's gotten so ridiculous, I refuse to talk to myself.  Because that guy's crazy.

5
Achewood / Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« on: February 10, 2004, 07:44:41 pm »
I'm just surprised the strip got re-run on Monday and not on Thursday, where it would've made more sense.

But hey, if a strip is going to be re-posted, the "Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N." one is pretty close to the best one could hope for.

6
Achewood / Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
« on: January 27, 2004, 05:56:33 am »
I don't know... I give this feature as a whole around a B-.  It's Achewood-related, it's got a couple of really sharp lines (Ray's insult to D'Shawn/his reaction to that insult a minute later was particularly strong in my opinion, and Lyle's "usual thing" was even better), and I'll read anything "Ray" writes.  At the same time, though, all that harping about blogs and whatnot, all that "hey, you people are a bunch of geeks!" stuff, is just pointlessly stupid negativity, and worse, it's hack -- not quite in Drew territory yet (god forbid), but it's an unfortunate tendency Onstad has, especially in the Ray-related features.  If this is a one-time thing, it's good; if it becomes a recurring feature, let's hope he doesn't succumb to that "make fun of nerds, that's always funny!" mentality.  

Way better than the Variety Hour, that's for sure.

7
Achewood / let's roll - 26/01
« on: January 27, 2004, 05:47:50 am »
I don't know... the only Dead Kennedys T-shirt I've seen recently (perhaps due to the band having been broken up for a long time -- but I'm just guessing) had the band's logo on the back and "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" on the front.  And he was sitting in the front row of a comedy show where I was performing.  Therefore:

'One minute -- there's a gentleman in the front row. Could you stand up, please, sir? This man is wearing a shirt which reads, "Nazi Punks Fuck Off", and I'd just like to applaud him for his courageous anti-Nazi punk stance. It's not even like, "Nazi Punks are Evil", is it? It's just "Fuck Off" -- you sound annoyed by the notion. "Nazi punks? Ah, get out of here. I don't like you..."'

8
Achewood / Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
« on: January 26, 2004, 10:43:32 pm »
Man... Prime Time just ended their tempestuous relationship with the Sexual Homeboys.  What now for the Homeboys?  What now?

Pages: [1]