Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - spudboy

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« on: September 19, 2006, 05:05:45 am »
Current toddler status, 9/18: She goes to a little school now, 2 hours a week, including snack break. This is the same schedule I used to make Stanford bearable.

2
Achewood / Drabble is Your Wife - 12 February 2004
« on: February 12, 2004, 08:10:30 am »
Hey guys, cut Onstad some slack. He is not Shakespeare. And Ray is not Hamlet.

I mean, I took the same view,
panels 1-3. Huhn, more prank calls.
panel 4. ten inch monkey, hehe (wait a minute I don't get it)
panels 5-7. I am impressed by Ray's charisma. Ralph laps it up
panel 8. I am traumatized but I can't stop laughing. Dear god, why can't I stop laughing!?!

And now I realize that analyzing a comic panel by panel just takes all the funny out of it. Until I glance back at panel 7 and giggle about Ralph's jeans. There's always an aftershock. So I refute today's alt text...

Onstad IS Shakespeare, and you better just accept his comic brilliance. Storylines be damned!

3
Achewood / Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« on: February 10, 2004, 07:22:03 am »
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Actually, I'm sort of with Spudboy.


Now I truly feel validated.

I'm sorry I forgot the topic of the thread earlier. I didn't deliberately not speculate; I was just happy with what was posted. And with the "Todd as small Diceman" alt text, it's almost like a whole new strip...  :|

4
Achewood / Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« on: February 09, 2004, 10:39:07 pm »
Jeez oh man. You got tight security up in here. Thought I would be able just to drop a quick note, but then I got to register and validate my account.
I've forgotten what I wanted to say now,

almost

1. Y'all have got me feeling nostalgic about the old Dumbrella board. I loved the stepfatherly way that Onstad kept order (thinkin DeNiro in This Boys Life). Not that I was a regular poster. I just stayed in my room to avoid the inevitable whuppings.

2. Nobody is saying how hilarious today's strip is. Maybe you guys have all the strips memorized and you weren't hit as hard as I was by the illness of LINCOLN's rhymes. But I laughed just as hard as the first time, maybe harder.

When I raise the roof
My paperwork's in order
I always tell the county
Before I mix my mortar

Peace Out

Pages: [1]