Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - JorgeFabregas

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 82
1
Achewood / Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:12:52 am »
I'm right there with you. But my interpretation of that comment wasn't universally shared. See above.

2
Achewood / Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
« on: February 25, 2017, 04:38:45 pm »
No blogs.

3
Achewood / Re: AT LAST A HOUSE FOR RAY SMUCKLES
« on: January 24, 2017, 11:29:26 pm »
Kinda weird. Like, we're going to build up the value of the "house" by adding a bunch of decorations and rich people tchotchkes. Don't bother to bring your stuff, because we've already filled up the property for you. I would think that most rich people would be more interested in picking their own stuff or hiring someone trusted to do it for them.

4
Sports & Leisure / Re: Football Playoffs Predictions
« on: January 21, 2017, 12:00:55 am »
Speaking of watching line play, I saw that Ash's old buddy had a bit of an on-camera situation owing to his penchant for pance pissing.
https://twitter.com/pardonmytake/status/811970804330205184?lang=en

5
Achewood / Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
« on: December 30, 2016, 11:54:54 pm »
I'm almost not disappointed that Ornstrand is going to put more energy into the blogs, which could basically be dictated into a speech converter while he does one of his million other things, rather than having to actually "draw" the cartoon.  There have been some great achievements in artwork but mostly I come for the words.

The only thing I don't like about the blogs is losing some element of interaction between the characters.  It's one thing for Cornelius to recount an event in the house from his own perspective but the same event feels different when it's presented visually and when Teodor or Lyle, say, can speak in their own voice rather than having their voice filtered and translated into Cornelius-ese.  Ain't but one voice per blog, really, and I'm afraid that I'll miss the contrasts among all the alive stuffed animals and talking cats.
I didn't interpret his post to suggest that he's necessarily going to be writing new blog entries:
Quote
I want you to see that if you haven't read these blogs, Achewood isn't actually ending for you. It's starting all over, in a world of more and deeper material than you could hope to read in years. The blogs are where I personally think the heart and soul of that universe live.
So presumably that would mean that if you have read the blogs, achewood is plausibly ending for you.

6
History / Re: #feelthebern
« on: November 11, 2016, 04:13:04 pm »
In spite of Trump's bluster he's easily manipulated.
It seems that if you stroke his ego, he purrs like a kitten.

7
Wild Card / Re: Shit my ________ says
« on: November 01, 2016, 05:38:15 pm »
That doesn't make sense to me. If I was home all the time I'd want a roommate who was never there, sure. But if I was out all the time, who cares?

Either way though that is a bizarre thing to ask for. You can rent the apartment as long as you don't actually live there much? WTF.
Totally agree.

8
Wild Card / Re: Shit my ________ says
« on: November 01, 2016, 04:52:26 pm »
A lot of NYC roommate ads specify that they want someone "busy" or "not a homebody." What is going on there?

Also a lot of people feel the need to specify that they're never home, which could be related, or else could just be people bragging about how hardworking and special they are.
Definitely related. If you're not home, you're not using the apartment as much. You're not using electricity, common areas, not third wheeling, etc.

9
Achewood / Re: 21st October, 2016: Finally gonna learn slap bass
« on: October 22, 2016, 04:37:08 am »
I call bullshit on this Fuck You Friday. There's not nearly enough Fuck Yous in it.
More of a Fuck Me Friday.

10
Nice Pete talking about buttholes was really not as bad as it could be.

There is an announcer for the White Sox who is really weird and one of his really weird habits is discussing clenched sphincters. "You couldn't pull a greased [golf] tee out of my behind with a pair of pliers!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL3CHUolN-E

For some reason, St. Louis officials are trying to get people to sign up for the NextDoor app (which I think is the leading app of the kind Roast Beef was talking about). http://fox2now.com/2016/10/16/city-leaders-praise-nextdoor-app-in-st-louis/

I'm sure it is useful for getting information, but it also seems full of paranoia, thinly veiled racism, and clear-as-day classism.

Also in neighborhood social media: Today my wife and I posted a picture of our neighbor's truck parked on our kid's school's back lawn (it's a public magnet school and his kids don't go there. It's not somewhere anyone else would ever park). We knew who it was, but didn't name him. After initially being very defensive and feigning offense that we would include someone's license plate number, he eventually posted a conciliatory and apologetic response to my wife's explanation of why this seemed like an aggressive move. So I guess these local social media thingies are good for something.

11
Achewood / Re: 7th October 2016: Unlike God, we can actually play God
« on: October 12, 2016, 05:02:08 pm »
Is he still vegan? I thought he had moved on to paleo.

12
I always thought my public school education was pretty good. Teodor's definition seems to track with that.

13
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: September 22, 2016, 02:56:00 am »
I'm guessing circular and running bond mixed, which I imagine requires cutting bricks.

14
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: September 09, 2016, 06:29:30 pm »
Give 'em hell, little turkeys, wherever you are.

15
Achewood / Re: Street team, reporting! [Salutes, leaves] (blog updates 9/2)
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:01:20 pm »
Beef: I Bothered Pat at the Grocery Store
Ray: Watch Out, I'm Doin' a Grateful!
Philippe: Pony Coladas

I sure don't understand what Ray is talking about half the time.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to make a Pony Colada for my kids.
Pony Coldada! It's cold!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 82