Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Turbo Ninja

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46
1
People & Places / Re: Paul Harvey
« on: October 06, 2017, 07:45:26 pm »
Perhaps you should try to recreate the films whilst dressed in an oversized novelty diaper.  For posterity.

Yes.  For "posterity."

2
Achewood / Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
« on: December 28, 2016, 02:44:17 pm »
I'm almost not disappointed that Ornstrand is going to put more energy into the blogs, which could basically be dictated into a speech converter while he does one of his million other things, rather than having to actually "draw" the cartoon.  There have been some great achievements in artwork but mostly I come for the words.

The only thing I don't like about the blogs is losing some element of interaction between the characters.  It's one thing for Cornelius to recount an event in the house from his own perspective but the same event feels different when it's presented visually and when Teodor or Lyle, say, can speak in their own voice rather than having their voice filtered and translated into Cornelius-ese.  Ain't but one voice per blog, really, and I'm afraid that I'll miss the contrasts among all the alive stuffed animals and talking cats.

3
Achewood / Re: 9th December 2016 - St Peter's palm at closing time
« on: December 19, 2016, 09:24:51 pm »
Although... "The skidmarks in Evel Knievel's bleach load!" is some kind of genius.

It works on so many levels.  It is good.

4
Achewood / Re: Saltines to Rachmaninoff
« on: November 04, 2016, 03:30:34 pm »
I think Chris Ornstrand should go to Los Angeles and be a guest on the excellent Doughboys podcast (the podcast about chain restaurants). 

He wouldn't even have to GO to LA because of Skype or FaceTime or whatever.  Just let the man call in from whatever gramophone parlor is nearest to his chill-tonic laboratory.

The blend of Chris' purple prose and Mike "Spoonman" Mitchell's frequent, incredulous "What the FUCK?!?" would be music to my ears.

5
Achewood / Re: 26th August 2016:I hope it does not become a meme
« on: August 29, 2016, 03:40:01 pm »
I love the use of the meter in the panel where Cassandra jumps on Todd's corpse.  Also the line "...we all thought it was pretty funny but I hope it does not become a meme" is golden perfection.

NO      MORAL

6
I go with "Ass-Balls Connector," or ABC for short.

7
Achewood / Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« on: March 11, 2016, 08:48:12 pm »
Possibly.

Ultimately my thoughts led me to conclude that this a new era of Achewood divorced from the plot entanglements of the past. The characters personalities have been well established at this point and Onstad can throw them into any scenario and make them dance. To me this seems like a 3rd version of the strip. In the original strip it was more of a joke strip with a set up and a punch line. Often the punchlines were esoteric which made us love it more. In the second iteration it was more plot driven and less jokey. In ways this latest version is a combination of the first two. it's like the original version in that it's a set up and a joke, only with a more conversational style of the second iteration.

Sure, but HOW IS PHILIPPE'S NEW CAMPAIGN GOING.

8
History / Re: RIP Lemmy
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:55:19 pm »
I hope really hope that we get a new Lyle blog while Chris Ornstrand seems to be slipping new content in every now and then.

Today's cartoon is better than a Lyle blog.  Thanks for participating in crowdsourced content ideas, Omstad!

9
Achewood / Re: 22 Jan 2016 - Forlorn Charlie Brown Comics
« on: January 28, 2016, 05:12:21 pm »
He's the funniest character.

That's like saying Donald is the funniest Disney character.  The only people who really laughed at Mickey M0use were the same olde-tyme people who really thought the train on the screen was actually about to hit them and jumped out of the way.

10
History / RIP Lemmy
« on: December 29, 2015, 02:26:03 pm »
I hope really hope that we get a new Lyle blog while Chris Ornstrand seems to be slipping new content in every now and then.

11
Achewood / Re: Achewood on Facebook
« on: December 23, 2015, 09:01:36 pm »
The Achewood Twitter feed has been active lately.  Lots of pimping original art (now at a discount for holiday gift giving, so maybe Ornstrand is feeling again like his work isn't worth liking), and then yesterday there was this: pic.twitter.com/55FOXKGZ3d


Keep fiddlin' with that Com-ex 5000, my good man!

12
Achewood / Re: Today: Chicken
« on: November 23, 2015, 04:40:07 pm »
I know what I'm going to make for dinner...tomorrow.

13
Achewood / Re: Portland Soda Works
« on: July 18, 2014, 01:08:07 pm »
"I guess I owe everyone an explanation of my current thinking about the future of Achewood, but fuck it.

TOMORROW, of course.

14
Achewood / Re: Portland Soda Works
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:19:17 pm »
The whole motif makes me think that I'm drinking house soda from Cartilage Head's fridge.

15
Entirely different is less disturbing than lots of tiny differences some of which you can't quite put your finger on.

I can put my finger on ALL of them because I'm using an iPad!  Pinch and swipe, y'all!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46