Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Golfhaus

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 108
1
People & Places / Re: G01FH4U5
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:53:37 pm »
I tried to to log in to post here in my birthday thread, and Chrome crashed.

This is significant for some reason, I just know it.

2
I remember this thread the first time around, and being moderately creeped out by the photo sequence. The fact that there's more information out there now than when the journey began is impressive, but creepier. It's one thing when they're just pictures, but when the story starts to come together, and the humanity in the situation starts to be revealed... sad. Makes me want to make sure to give an extra hug or two to my daughters.

3
History / Bea Arthur is dead!
« on: April 25, 2009, 09:22:23 pm »
She had cancer, and was 86.

People older than me knew her from Maude. I knew her from my mom loving The Golden Girls. My favorite memory was one of those comics who lives in a hole and then comes out once a year for celebrity roasts telling some chick that "I wouldn't fuck you with Bea Arthur's dick!" while she was sitting on the stage. This was in the early days of roasts being on TV, when the brashness of the form was still surprising and new.

4
People & Places / Re: Congrats Golf and Mrs. Haus
« on: April 25, 2009, 09:16:42 pm »
Fantastic.  If he does this Onstad style we won't see much of him for the next two months.

Nice pick... Genevieve turns 8 weeks old today. She and Mrs. Haus are out of town this weekend, so I have some extra time on my hands.

Thanks, everyone. Things are going well so far, though the sleep deprivation has been tough. The wife goes back to work on 5/4, and I'll be taking some vacation to watch her while we bridge the gap between her return to work and summer vacation.

5
Wild Card / Re: Ban the Bottle
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:06:43 am »
My college became a Pepsi Campus about three years into my tenure there. One of the editors of the school paper got into a metric shitload of trouble for wearing a Coca-Cola shirt to school the day the announcement was made, with all the Pepsi dignitaries present. It was going to turn into a maybe-we-won't-let-you-be-a-student-here kind of thing until someone nudged the administration and reminded them of the First Amendment. My campus group started importing Coke from the supermarket across the street and keeping it onhand in the office.

6
Wild Card / Re: Favorite Jokes.
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:32:06 am »
My favorite joke ever is the story of the Voodoo c*ck.

7
Achewood / Re: Feb 6 2009 - Grocery carts with rain on the handle
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:01:33 am »
Fuck You Fridays are kinda formulaic, but god DAMN it's a good formula.

Bill Cosby is one of those people that probably needs to die in the next two years or so for it to be a major news story. After that, enough people will either not care or not remember enough for it be more than a two-minute blurb on Entertainment Tonight and a mention on the next Grammy Awards show.

8
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« on: February 05, 2009, 12:41:30 am »
Tonight on the WB:  "Shitload of Wayanses," followed by "Three More Wayanses We Just Found."

(credit: the Onion a few years back)

Kinda like how these days TBS stands for "Tyler's Black Sitcoms."

9
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Broadcast signal intrusion
« on: February 04, 2009, 11:54:52 pm »
Harder to break into signals now with cable, they said. The days of hijacking a broadcast are over, they said.

Here's a c*ck in your face during the Super Bowl, someone said.

Sorry it's a link to TMZ, but believe me, the other places I found the clip were... worse. Or better, depending on how you look at it.

10
History / John Updike is dead!
« on: January 28, 2009, 12:23:34 am »
I don't think I've ever read one of his books, though I read "A&P" in school just like every other high school student. Still, I chose him from a list more or less at random to do a report on in 11th grade English. I was proud of the B+ I got on my report on an author I'd never read or even heard of.

It seems from all accounts I'd probably enjoy his stories. Maybe I'll get around to it.

11
People & Places / Re: Surprise!
« on: January 17, 2009, 09:31:23 pm »
Actually some got on both her shirt and her hair.  I helped her clean herself up.

Then you got the syrup out and poured some on her tits?

12
Wild Card / Re: It's a delicacy in some countries
« on: January 17, 2009, 04:55:51 pm »
Good lord a pun. Could a joke get any cornea?

Can we please not have another thread full of puns? I swear, the humor on this forum has gotten absolutely vitreous.

13
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: January 13, 2009, 03:08:53 am »
Hopefully a tiny can of Dr Permethrin.

14
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:50:31 am »
...find out that the hives that I thought were stress and anxiety-related are actually scabies.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get worse.

15
Sports & Leisure / Re: Pretend Football 08
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:45:28 am »
WTF, Cardinals.

Seriously.

If you beat the Eagles I shall be quite cross.  YOU ARE NOT A FRANCHISE THAT DESERVES A SUPER BOWL.

I don't know... apparently, until Sunday, the Cardinals are the only team in the NFC that has never been to a conference championship game. That includes three expansion teams. The case could be made that no one deserves it more.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 108