Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - agnes

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Sep. 14, 2005 - The Usher With The Robin's Egg Gloves
« on: September 14, 2005, 04:02:23 pm »
As granny used to say: Them's ain't tears, them's synovial fluid.

2
Achewood / 5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« on: May 10, 2005, 12:56:16 am »
Let's have some love for "his hand is clear." The most succinct depiction of ghost pathos ever.

3
Achewood / 4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« on: April 28, 2005, 08:38:42 pm »
oh never mind

4
Achewood / 4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« on: April 19, 2005, 10:29:01 pm »
I WIN!

I actually did get the "joke," or rather the "plot context," but what was zingy to me was the fact that new-dad Onstad spent some time envisioning a baby wrapped up in a Wonder bread bag w/cord, maybe even using his own baby as a model, maybe doing the thing where artists hold up their thumb and close one eye.

5
Achewood / 4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« on: April 19, 2005, 10:22:32 pm »
The fact that Onstad has a newborn in the house gives this strip extra ZING!

6
Achewood / 1/12/05 Bein' fat rocks
« on: January 12, 2005, 04:26:58 pm »
I read today's strip before yesterday's and was a little bit sad to realize there was some context for the Toilet Party.

7
Achewood / I Am Capable of Wonderful Things Doll - 29 Nov.
« on: November 29, 2004, 09:56:55 pm »
Isn't the Onstad family on the verge of having a baby? (See early Nov. blog posts.) I can't help but read today's installment with that in mind.

8
Achewood / New Merchandise
« on: November 05, 2004, 02:00:39 pm »
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
One thing we haven't announced (until now) that is slated for early 2005: a collection of the blogs in printed, chronological, interwoven form. There's a lot of writing there that I think would be nicer to read in print. It's almost 250 pages when formatted.


Now there's some sweet news. This one time I thought about printing out all the strips and all the blogs and arranging them chronologically and hand-binding them into this deluxe mega-collection, but then I sort of fell asleep instead and had this dream where George Clooney and I were hanging out at a restaurant. True story.

9
Achewood / The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« on: October 27, 2004, 04:45:21 am »
I know just the Fripp photo he's thinking of -- or at least one of them. I had this book that taught me how to play guitar back in ye olde early 90s, and inside were pictures of various guitar heroes, and one was of Fripp with his ding-dong fingers spread over like 19 frets, all: "That's right. I know you can't believe what you're seeing but this shit is FOR REALS." Really the last thing an amateur guitar player, who is struggling to even get E-minor working, wants to see.

10
Achewood / in the champagne room gettin' an eyeful- Sept. 16th
« on: September 30, 2004, 10:55:42 pm »
So OK I'm not 100% clear on the cuntiness here. I know there was some blowout at Dumbrella which was before my time -- but was it something terrible enough to account for this weirdly severe irritation that comes out when Achewood goes on vacation or runs a rerun or puts up something sub-par or late in the day or asks for money?

I've never known fans to have such disgust for the creator of something they're fans of, especially when that something is given away for free. The reactions seem way overboard and I'm wondering if there's a devastating or maybe heartbreaking backstory that would explain it. Oh I hope so that would rule!

11
Achewood / He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« on: September 27, 2004, 07:46:13 pm »
Yeah I was assuming the 1 tsp. was just pure air. The "liquid/solid" theory makes me uncomfortable.

12
Achewood / Blogs, Week of Sixth September 2004
« on: September 13, 2004, 12:54:10 pm »
B-b-but Tom's of Maine makes toothpaste. And mouthwash. Is my point. Though maybe salt & vinegar chips that made your mouth minty fresh would be an idea with legs.

13
Achewood / Blogs, Week of Sixth September 2004
« on: September 12, 2004, 01:39:58 am »
Yeah but say can we talk about Tom's of Maine salt and vinegar chips for a sec? And what a curious fabrication they are?

14
Achewood / 2004-09-07 It is hell of jilapidated
« on: September 07, 2004, 11:06:32 pm »
Since "junk" often has crotchatorial connotations, I first read "did you junk jingle the Queen" as something a little more prurient than a prank call.

15
Achewood / Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« on: August 30, 2004, 02:37:13 pm »
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Yes, it does sound like LN got all up ins with an older woman.  Um, ew.


Ah, "gerries" = "geriatrics." It's all falling into place.

Pages: [1] 2