Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Va

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29
1
Wild Card / Re: The washing hair debate
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:35:04 am »
Howdy.  I'm pregnant again, due in late February.

2
Sports & Leisure / Re: sushi
« on: November 11, 2006, 12:41:54 am »
I would eat sushi every day if I could afford to.

Things you must try if you have not yet:
Salmon Skin - very nice in a hand roll with lots of masago
Yellowtail or Hamachi - so sweet you'll save it for dessert

3
Wild Card / Re: The washing hair debate
« on: November 11, 2006, 12:28:59 am »
I used to always wash my hair every day because it generally was very oily within 18 hours of being washed.  After doing some reading here I decided to stop washing my hair everyday.  When I stopped washing every day, my scalp oil production adjusted very quickly.  I now wash my hair only about once per week (if that), and I freshen it in each shower with conditioner.  Conditioner has surfactants in it that will gently clean the hair a bit, but they take longer to work, so you need to leave the conditioner on your hair for at least 3 minutes.  Use the cheapest conditioner you like the smell of (V05's Free Me Freesia is my favorite, check your local dollar store).

I find that now that my scalp has adjusted oil production to a more reasonable level, my hair almost never looks greasy, nor smells bad, but it is very shiny, my curls look a whole lot better, and my hair color fades much more slowly.  I'm finding lately that my hair actually looks better the day after I shower than the day of my shower.

I decided to apply this same logic to the skin on the rest of my body, and I stopped using soap in every shower.  The oiliness of my facial skin, which had been very bad, calmed down just like my scalp had, very quickly.  Acne problems on various parts of my body cleared up almost completely.

4
Sports & Leisure / Re: We Love Katamari
« on: January 16, 2006, 04:24:44 pm »
I <3 We <3 Katamari.  It makes my daughter whoop in delight every time she sees the King of all Cosmos and hears his funky fresh wax scratchin' voice.

5
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:43:39 pm »
Quote from: "Null"
Current baby status, 10/12: Another enormous plastic containment / entertainment device was purchased for the purpose of quelling baby's tears for an additional six minutes each day.  
 


An ominous trend begins.


Ah, expensive child neglect devices.  The secret is, they only work if your baby is already accustomed to being ignored.

6
People & Places / Thread to talk about work and your philosophy on it
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:40:30 pm »
I read two books this year that I am using to form the roadmap for the future of my family: They are The Complete Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn and How to Survive Without A Salary: Learning to Live the Conserver Lifestyle by Charles Long.  It is possible to get off the golden treadmill.

7
History / Just fuck*ng DIE already
« on: October 03, 2005, 09:17:18 pm »
Where shall I move when Governor Roy Moore exiles all the atheists from Alabama?

8
Achewood / Are you a gemini?
« on: September 26, 2005, 04:51:12 pm »
I didn't read this whole thread so I apologize if anyone already said this:

Astrology is stupid.

Carry on. :dunce:

9
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: September 23, 2005, 12:56:31 pm »
This is quite a coincidence.  My baby was enormously pleased with my a cappella bathtime rendition of "Particle Man" last night.

10
Wild Card / Prescriptive vs. Descriptive English Usage in the STEEL CAGE
« on: September 21, 2005, 08:13:24 pm »
Quote from: "miles"
Once I pointed out to someone that she had spelled 'a lot' incorrectly in a note she was leaving for a friend and she responded with "it's not even a real word."


There is nothing wrong with "a lot".  No, it is not "a real word", it is two real words.

11
Wild Card / Prescriptive vs. Descriptive English Usage in the STEEL CAGE
« on: September 21, 2005, 08:08:37 pm »
Misuse of figures of speech is troublesome because it means that the speaker doesn't really know what they're saying.  If they don't even know what they're saying how am I supposed to figure out what they actually mean?

12
Wild Card / Earworms
« on: September 13, 2005, 06:53:44 pm »
Down by the baaaay
Where the watermelons groooow
Back to my hoooome
I dare not gooooo
For if I dooooo
My mother would saaaay
Did you ever see
[insert rhyming couplet]*
Down by the bay!

This is a Raffi song.  I am sick to death of singing it, but it works like magic on my baby.

* a whale with a polka-dot tail, a fly wearing a tie, a bear combing his hair, a moose kissing a goose, llamas eating their pajamas

13
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: September 07, 2005, 05:31:10 pm »
Quote from: "foolio"
On a side note, has anyone ever tasted breast milk? Is it good? I must have had some when I was a baby but I forget what it tastes like.

It is very sweet.  The flavor is very much influenced by the mother's diet.  The color, too.

14
Wild Card / Paul Simon Dream
« on: August 24, 2005, 10:10:22 pm »
I had one of those tooth dreams too, many years ago. I'm at a party, following my boyfriend around an unfamiliar house, and my teeth start to fall out, painlessly.  I collect them in my hands as the fall out, but I keep dropping them on the floor and picking them up again.  I drop them once again and when I pick them up this time, I see that they are not my teeth but some vaguely tooth-like stones.

15
Achewood / July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« on: July 22, 2005, 07:41:51 pm »
You guys know that Myers-Briggs typing is only marginally more scientific than astrological sun signs, right?  Just checking.

I consistantly test as an INTP.  The I and T are strong preferences, but the N and P are weak.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29