Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Kapow

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Achewood Fanfiction
« on: February 12, 2005, 06:29:27 pm »

2
Achewood / "onstad vs. the board"
« on: October 02, 2004, 02:03:33 am »
Quote from: "jough"
STRAW MAN OMG

Christ, there's few things worse on the internet than idiots talking about logical fallacies.  Look at my first post, champ - I quoted exactly what I was referring to.  I'm pretty sure all of it was said before Onstad even posted here.  Just because SolGrundy misunderstood what happened doesn't mean I said it happened.

For the record, the reason I even read this board was that I heard Onstad was posting here.  But if I had read it any other time and seen people saying what I quoted there, I would've posted the same thing.  I know that wasn't said with Onstad around - hell, I doubt it would've been said had he been here.



oh also I love this:
Quote from: "jough"
Sure, some may complain sometime about Onstad not putting up a strip for a day/week, etc., but generally we don't chide him personally about it.

Up until yesterday Onstad maintained that he pretended the board didn't exist and never read it (although obviously he was reading before he posted) but now that he's posting here I don't see anyone complaining TO or AT him about anything.

So it's cool that you all bitch about him and call him a lazy fuck behind his back, as long as you act nice to his face.  Smooth.

3
Achewood / Re: here's a question
« on: October 02, 2004, 01:16:29 am »
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "ferocious j"
I'm paraphrasing, but not by much.  The easily-markable line this crosses is when you go from talking about an artist's work (fair game for any sort of criticism) to personal remarks about the artist himself.  Why, dude?  Why would you go there?  Why do you do it so damn often?


FJ, FJ, surely you're aware that comic strips don't write themselves.  Someone writes them.  If my mechanic fucks up my car, I don't blame the car.

Except you pay your mechanic to make your car work, and your car working or not working is objective.  Onstad is writing comics he enjoys and putting them on the web for others to enjoy for free - why would you personally attack him because you don't like the result of that?  Where the hell is that coming from?

I could at least understand if he stiffed you on something you bought, like you ordered something from him and it took a month longer than it should have, or pages were missing out of a book or something, because at that point it's his job to do something for you.  But entertaining you with free comics is NOT HIS JOB, and there's no reason for you to expect (let alone demand - I'm looking at you, AugustWest) him to make that a priority in his life.  Keeping you amused is not his responsibility.

4
Achewood / "onstad vs. the board"
« on: October 01, 2004, 08:39:56 pm »
Quote from: "Ben-San"
Please do not feed the troll. :cry:

there is a difference between trolling and flaming.

5
Achewood / Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:57:34 pm »
Early 2002, when he had the fanart page linked in the lower-right.  I'm almost positive I heard about it from K. Thor Jensen.  He did fanart and two of the guest strips.

Whatever happened to that fanart, anyway?

6
Achewood / "onstad vs. the board"
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:50:06 pm »
Quote from: "Bozack"
The hilarious thing is, if Jough was such a tyrant, this post wouldn't exist.

And that's why all his dick-waving and threatening to delete posts by the author of the comic the board is dedicated to is funny.  Because he's a pussy.

7
Achewood / "onstad vs. the board"
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:34:56 pm »
Hey, does this mean that since I'm posting here, no one else from my college is allowed to post here?

8
Achewood / "onstad vs. the board"
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:29:46 pm »
Quote from: "jough"
DELETE DELETE I CAN DELETE AND BAN YOU I AM LORD OF ALL

I'm not feeling quite myself today.

9
Achewood / "onstad vs. the board"
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:14:40 pm »
What about for people who aren't themselves?  Sometimes I'm this other guy, can he post here too?

10
Achewood / "onstad vs. the board"
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:11:04 pm »
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Jough is a curmudgeon. Jough can be arbitrary. Jough can act rashly. Jough's girlfriend can really *****##### up the board. Jough plays tricks. Jough says mean things sometimes. Jough gets bodily emissions confused once in a great while.

Jough is also fearlessly himself, doesn't really worry about what people think of him and says what he feels. Unlike some members of this board and the challenging presidential candidate, Jough is consistently Jough. Complain about him one time if you want, but understand that you know what you are getting and just deal with it.

Wow, he sounds like a great guy.  He's an asshole, but at least he's not some kind of fakey-fake pretending not to be an asshole.  Since those are the two options a person has.  Good choice, jough.

11
Achewood / The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:07:00 pm »
Quote from: "jough"
If he starts hawking his t-shirts and stuff in every post then it's Deletin' Time.

What the fuck kind of lunatic power trip are you people on?  Someone said "iffy t-shirt", he responded to it, people started complaining about merchandise, he addressed the complaints, and you come romping in wearing your blanket-cape and burger king crown yelling HEY ONSTAD DON'T TRY TO SELL STUFF HERE OR I'LL DELETE IT I'M WARNING YOU!!!  Get over yourself.

12
Achewood / "onstad vs. the board"
« on: October 01, 2004, 02:34:43 pm »
Quote from: "V-Adore"
If you think we're all dicks, you have exactly two options: post to state your own opinion of the comic, or leave. Nobody is going to force you to do either -- you're welcome to just lurk bitterly into perpetuity if you like -- but if you don't contribute, you have no right to complain about content to which you could have easily contributed.

That's not really true.  I seem to be exploring a third option.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
If you're new to the board, you may or may not have any idea what kind of sweeping generalizations you're making about the board content.

I guess this doesn't apply to me, since I was only talking about the posts I quoted, not some kind of overall "board content".

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, truth in posting: my opinion of Onstad has dropped since he started "defending himself" here. Yes, he's the creator of the strip -- but anyone who comes on the board only to heckle deserves to be met in kind.

He showed up, was heckled, and responded in kind.  Not the other way around.  Pay attention.

Quote from: "AugustWest"
People who produce art and entertainment for the public are subject to criticism.

What the hell kind of criticism is "Cut the crap and give us what we want. Every day." ?

13
Achewood / in the champagne room gettin' an eyeful- Sept. 16th
« on: October 01, 2004, 05:28:34 am »
Quote from: "Limmo"
Ich war sarkastisch.

Im Ernst!

14
Achewood / in the champagne room gettin' an eyeful- Sept. 16th
« on: October 01, 2004, 05:21:46 am »
Quote from: "jough"
Is today Asshole New Member Day on the forums?

Did I miss a memo?

Close!  Top secret anonymous sources have recovered a memo indicating that today is "weak-ass non-replies to new members" day on the forums.

15
Achewood / in the champagne room gettin' an eyeful- Sept. 16th
« on: October 01, 2004, 05:19:35 am »
Quote from: "Limmo"
Hey, welcome to the boards, Kapow.

guten tag

Pages: [1] 2