Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Mr Trout

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33
1
People & Places / Re: Bring the Boys and Girls Back
« on: March 04, 2016, 03:24:21 am »
I got my haircut for the halloween costume you see and I had it for a few months after that. I walked into my job the next day and no one said anything. I'm not sure whether it was because I had only been working there a couple months so no one knew me well enough to comment on it, or if I'm the type of person people expect to have Billy Ray Cyrus hair.

2
People & Places / Re: Bring the Boys and Girls Back
« on: March 04, 2016, 02:27:35 am »


This is now a thread where we post pictures of ourselves with ridiculous haircuts

3
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Strip Search
« on: June 17, 2013, 01:30:14 pm »
So I've continued watching the show and it continued to get better as they eliminated people. I even got my GF into it (she is rooting for Abby, I think mainly because they share a few personality traits). Part 1 of the finale aired on Friday, and before they filmed it they sent the 3 finalists home for 2 months and had them each create an original web comic series. The results are pretty great IMO (I don't think any of you do, but if you care about spoilers stop here): http://penny-arcade.com/strip-search/spoilers/finale

I'm not sure who I am rooting for anymore.

4
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:30:40 am »
Wow. My roommate was doing routine maintenance on his bike, and he isn't sure how he did it, but he almost sliced off the tip of his finger. Everything is going to be OK, luckily. Lots of stitches.

Does he ride a fixed gear? If he was wiping down his chain while pedaling the bike with his other hand it is all too easy to get your finger caught. The momentum of the wheel stores enough energy to easily take off a finger

5
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Strip Search
« on: April 02, 2013, 07:12:21 pm »
To be more clear I wasn't sold on it when they were funding it through kickstarter. The first couple episodes were better than I expected (though I will admit I was mainly watching because I was expecting a train wreck) so I kept watching.

The show has gotten better with each episode. Even the episode with Scott Kurtz was well done, and I hate that guy much more than is necessarily rational. I feel like they also made some pretty good picks for the contestants.

I'm a pretty patient man though, and I have a lot of free time in the evenings so take all this with a grain of salt. Each episode is about 20 min long, BTW.

6
Arts & Entertainment / Strip Search
« on: April 02, 2013, 06:48:27 pm »
Is anyone else watching it?

It's a reality show produced by Penny Arcade. They found a bunch of web cartoonists they liked, put them up in a giant house Real World-style, and eliminated one artist per day.

I honestly didn't have very high hopes for the show. I don't really care for reality TV and I'm pretty picky about the webcomics I read. I have been a longtime fan of Penny Arcade though so I've been giving the show a chance. The latest episode has really sold me on it.

Without getting too spoilery, there was a moment at the end of episode 10 where the artist of PA lost it. It was not a flattering moment for him and they could have easily edited it out. The decision to keep it in was a fairly brave one IMO and it made the show resonate a lot more with me.

So check it out! You might hate it, but maybe you won't?

7
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: March 15, 2013, 01:02:31 am »
I hear ya, but I'm still stuck on pies. I love them way more than cake.

8
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Book Thread
« on: March 12, 2013, 04:58:40 pm »
I'm reading A Dance With Dragons because, you know, dragons.

9
People & Places / Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« on: March 12, 2013, 04:04:19 pm »
Nope, not British. Born and raised in the states.

Did you take the snowmobiles into yellowsrone? I really want to rent one and go on a midnight trip to a local hot springs. It is 10 miles down an unplowed road that is inaccessible to wheeled vehicles from November through June.

10
People & Places / Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« on: March 11, 2013, 01:41:22 am »
I used to have a desk job at an animation studio but now I live in a trailer in Wyoming and ski every day. My current goal in life is to have the best goggle tan imaginable.

11
Wild Card / Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« on: February 20, 2013, 05:06:06 am »
This is most definitely the funniest fake menu I've ever read: http://guysamericankitchenandbar.com

12
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: February 15, 2013, 02:13:20 am »
Race you to proper inebriation!

 Tacos and beer got replaced with steak and scotch because goddammit I'm worth it.

13
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: February 14, 2013, 11:47:19 pm »
Today I did the same thing I do every day: ski, jump off big rocks, and ski some more. It certainly didn't suck I'll tell you what.


Time to eat a billion tacos, drink a thousand beers, and have a Skype date with that special lady who is currently 600 miles too far.

14
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:38:47 pm »
I spent the majority of Fat Tuesday nursing a hangover. There was a work sponsored bowling party at the elks lodge Monday night. I started drinking at 5 when I got off and went hard till they kicked us out at 2.

Today I am skiing some beautifully fresh snow and celebrating every life choice that has led to this moment.

15
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: February 02, 2013, 03:15:18 am »
I've had great luck with okcupid but I feel like that might be because I've only ever used it in cities with a fair amount of people. I also as a rule kept the messaging phase to an absolute minimum. Two or three back and forth, then set up something casual. Drinks, coffee or maybe lunch in a park (if the girl likes to bike. Then if we click we can just go for a ride somewhere else). I can tell pretty much within a couple minutes of meeting in person whether this is something I would want to pursue further.

Jeez writing this all out makes me feel like I used the site way too much and I am some kind of creeper with a system.

Anyway, today I got first tracks at 9am in a wind-loaded bowl ( a large, slightly concave face of the mountain) with waist-deep blower (extremely light and fluffy snow). I had a shit-eating grin on my face for the rest of the day at work.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33