Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Doc

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 300
1
People & Places / Re: tap tap
« on: September 12, 2026, 01:54:37 pm »
[Comedically loud feedback]

2
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Some movies I just saw
« on: January 02, 2018, 01:21:57 pm »
So in the last 48 hrs I saw the new Star Wars flick (some cool scenes linked by a kind of boring plot), the Killing of Sacred Deer (excellently cool and creepy and just weird in a way I love but hesitate to recommend to people, if you liked the Lobster you'll probably like this) and 3 Billboard Outside Ebbing Missouri which I would like to proselytize for now.

I almost didn't see this film because I thought it would be too much of a bummer and I'm so glad I changed my mind. It *is* super dark, and it tackles serious issues fairly frankly but it is also hilarious. I didn't realise until afterwards that the writer director also made In Bruges. Billboards doesn't have that film's surrealism but it's got humour in spades. Highly, highly recommended.

3
Sports & Leisure / Re: What's for supper?
« on: July 24, 2017, 09:14:47 pm »
I ain't putting it on steak but I find it acceptable on such as hamburgers and sausages

4
Sports & Leisure / Re: What's for supper?
« on: July 24, 2017, 12:09:17 pm »
I think the US equivalent is steak sauce.


5
Wild Card / Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« on: July 20, 2017, 05:48:30 am »
People are kind of self centred shits. Corporations too.

Is it worth asking why you can't legally hire someone from another state? Is there state based segregation there that we don't know about?

6
People & Places / Re: Put another candle on your...
« on: May 29, 2017, 01:00:50 pm »
Sometimes that's a pretty good film.

Dude I love those films.

7
Sports & Leisure / Re: What's for supper?
« on: May 25, 2017, 10:24:46 am »


I tempura'd some chicken thigh then put it on a home made bun with cabbage, cheese and HP sauce.

8
People & Places / Re: Put another candle on your...
« on: May 23, 2017, 11:58:21 am »
tbh I had a pretty mediocre birthday. Went to work, ate leftover cake, spent too much time moping and looking at twitter. Then my two friends who are roommates in Texas video-chatted me. Now I'm going to bed smiling. Sometimes modern technology is PRETTY GREAT.

(it is not like I was expecting rapturous birthday celebration, just feelin some big city alienation lately)

Don't worry, I've seen this film, the first act lonely birthday alienation is just before the meet cute.

Glad you wrung some joy out of it via the modern age.

9
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« on: May 11, 2017, 12:46:37 pm »
Is anyone else here really into Jenn Wasner (of Wye Oak fame)'s solo project Flock of Dimes?

Both the videos she's released from her album are really wonderful to listen to and to look at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrw1E6xvYHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOdgzTaco44

Yes.

For such a powerful voice she looks really nonchalant in her film clips.

10
Wild Card / Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« on: May 07, 2017, 03:47:20 am »
Ideally we should all meet at Onstad's deathbed.

11
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: December 09, 2016, 01:28:11 pm »
There was some drama here this year because there was a decision to stop de-identifying data as thoroughly in this year's census (my understanding so they could provide longitudinal data going forward) and a lot of people didn't fill it out as a protest thing. Or at least a lot of people said they wouldn't do it on facebook. At the time those fears seemed a bit abstract but then there are people talking about muslim registries, so who knows anymore.

12
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: December 09, 2016, 01:59:45 am »
Today my fear was confirmed: a man accosted my coworkers and chased them away because he was convinced they were taking notes about where immigrants live for President Trump.  Yeesh.

Is it a gubmint job? Are they technically correct?

13
If you haven't given it a go 'You want it darker' is worth a spin.

14
Come on man, the correct thread title is "F-F-FFFUCK cunt-ass shit zones what ain't safe!"

Victoria is usually correct.

15
Wild Card / Re: Shit my ________ says
« on: December 05, 2016, 01:05:24 pm »
I need to work on the impulse to tell people what they want to hear.

This is something I too need to work on, because in the real world people want information so they can make decisions not just because they want to hear things that make them feel good.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 300