Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
« on: March 14, 2005, 07:28:03 pm »
will the baby become a character?

2
Achewood / The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« on: February 25, 2005, 06:40:25 pm »
sorry bobby, but annapolis is only good for sea food, and barely even then. it mostly sucks. there's a good college there and some decent sushi, but annapolis for food isn't the way to go. go to rockville. it's a long drive, but worth it.

3
Achewood / Pressing Our Heads - February 24, the year of our lord 2005
« on: February 25, 2005, 12:00:49 am »
he is a very stylish bear. why else?

4
Achewood / Pressing Our Heads - February 24, the year of our lord 2005
« on: February 24, 2005, 11:36:50 pm »
It was weirdly awesome. It left me with a wonderfully empty feeling.

5
Achewood / Victorian Diving Apparatus - 2/22/2005
« on: February 23, 2005, 11:52:04 pm »
that is funny too

6
Achewood / February 23, 2005 We Get By
« on: February 23, 2005, 11:50:00 pm »
I never have beef with this strip because he has only been doing it for what 3 years

that barely enough time to judge and say 'he hasn't been doing well lately. i wish he'd go back to [insert favorite strip here] time."

7
Achewood / February 23, 2005 We Get By
« on: February 23, 2005, 08:32:33 pm »
well he suicided and went to hell

would his car change if he killed molly then himself

maybe a VW thing

8
Achewood / Victorian Diving Apparatus - 2/22/2005
« on: February 23, 2005, 08:27:16 pm »
i definitely loved the punchlline as much as the pre-punch
a man in a diving suit raising a gun to his head is not only creepy and hearbreaking
it is also funny
very funny

9
Achewood / February 23, 2005 We Get By
« on: February 23, 2005, 08:23:56 pm »
i don't think if beef killed molly then himself he would go to heaven

hell has a special place for murder/suicides

10
Achewood / Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:09:06 pm »
Quote from: "mattloaf1"
"I'm not going to Pat's. Last time I was there, I lost my diet root beer cherry."

Not cherry diet root beer, but diet root beer cherry. I stand by my first guess on this one.

I ask Onstad to step in and offer something up here.


diet root beer cherry just means T hadn't exactly experienced diet root beer and was repulsed by nastiness of the stuff, and nasty stuff is exactly what pat is good at givin' and gettin'.  cherry = virginity, yes but diet root beer = diet root beer

right?

11
Achewood / 7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« on: February 08, 2005, 05:14:13 pm »
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy"
one hundred and fifty dollars for a 1/2 oz? damn. That's a good price.


Like I said, it's been a while.  But it at least seemed reasonable.


I only hope T isn't sacrificing quality for quantity. Maybe uncle ray has a prescription for it and LN raids his stashe every so often.

12
Achewood / 7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« on: February 07, 2005, 09:16:21 pm »
one hundred and fifty dollars for a 1/2 oz? damn. That's a good price.

13
Achewood / 2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« on: February 04, 2005, 12:38:32 am »
Quote from: "ndpatel"
why does teodor have a capo on his guitar if he's playing that tab?

also: rickenbackers are awesome. i bet teodor likes the jam.


because when you play with a capo, you can still make standard open chords, and so when you tab it you can write "Am", "F", "C", etc and still play it up around the, say 6th or 7th fret and still write the tabs out as if you were playing with no capo at all.

(I know! techically it's a different key, but the chord STRUCTURES are the same.)

14
Achewood / 2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« on: February 04, 2005, 12:33:49 am »
Penny Arcade said it best with: I Can't Stop Talking!!![/quote]

heh. nice. oh those penny-arcaders.

15
Achewood / 2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« on: February 03, 2005, 10:16:10 pm »
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

I've said it before and will say it again: more real estate is good. I like the many-panels format.


Ditto.
I got the Calvin and Hobbes Sundays book for christmas, and Watterson talks a lot about how he liked getting to use more experimental layouts to tell the stories, or excerpts thereof, and I've always liked how it crops up in Achewood. And the evolution over a few strips of the stoned many panels to this.


Scott McCloud talks about a similar thing in Reinventing Comics. One of the reasons he believes the intArweb is a great place to publish comics is because there are no spacial restrictions or pages that need to be turned, if that is the artist's wish. On the serailzer pages, there is this comic called Fetus X, which is a perfect example of this.


Yes, but Scott McCloud is also a delerious loony.


delirous loony or not, the man knows comics inside and out and is very eloquent in his explanations of his ideas.

Pages: [1] 2