Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Max

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
Arts & Entertainment / Really Entertaining TV
« on: October 19, 2005, 06:04:27 pm »
I think Will Ferrel is pretty damn funny.  Especially Anchorman.

2
Achewood / October 19, 2005 - king piss
« on: October 19, 2005, 05:54:19 pm »
really really really nice to see these characters back.

3
Wild Card / what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« on: October 17, 2005, 03:24:01 am »
I have a new desktop wallpaper.

4
Arts & Entertainment / Fear of Music
« on: October 17, 2005, 03:20:38 am »
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "Bozack"
I've been making a lot of mix cd's recently, and I've learned a few things.
1. The Mountain Goats have a song for every occasion.


You know, I've noticed this, and it's started to scare me, cause as soon as I think how lovely one of their love songs, like "Riches and Wonders" is, I immediately realize that they also have songs for the next time I've driving bitter and drunk across the country cursing the name of whoever the previous song'd been about.  Which is an interesting combination of comforting and ominous for me, that they've got my back for every conceivable mood or situation.

Holy shit I am so into the Mountain Goats these days.  I was driving through a couple states south to see the SO and I put on the Coroner's Gambit, and I think it may just be the perfect driving album.  God damn.

5
Achewood / 09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« on: September 27, 2005, 05:18:33 pm »
Does anybody else feel like this strip, coming off the CH bender, would have been better served catching up with Teodor, or Mr Bear, or someone?  This 'ray has a crazy idea/beef has a quiet but clever witty assessment' thing just feels even more tired after last week's stuff.

6
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: September 26, 2005, 03:55:54 am »
As I recall such an idea has already been suggested on these boards in one of the cartilage threads, though I think it was more along the lines of Onstad simply having the idea on his mind, rather than actually mutilating his own child.

7
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: September 25, 2005, 11:25:43 pm »
A far superior choice to particle man, if I do say so myself.  Though this TMBG thing with Onstad makes me a little uneasy altogether.

Still, my parents sung me 'Stay Up Late' by the Talking Heads when I was a baby, and I would assume David Byrne was capable of imparting far greater weirdness on my malleable skull than TMBG, so ok.

8
Achewood / Are you a gemini?
« on: September 23, 2005, 04:51:05 pm »
I am a Taurus/Gemini cusp.

9
Achewood / September 22, 2005 - SQUEEE POUF!
« on: September 22, 2005, 03:44:43 pm »
Is anyone else noticing the hand taking the photo?  Is that what CH's hand looks like?  Isn't that a paw?

10
Achewood / 921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« on: September 21, 2005, 02:34:37 pm »
That first panel needs to be a wallpaper so badly.  Chuggitas and all.

11
Achewood / September 2005 Blogapalooza
« on: September 20, 2005, 09:49:18 pm »
Quote
52. had sexual intercourse during menstruation?
    Either that or I've had sexual intercourse on a plate of salsa. I'm not sure which.


Filth

12
Achewood / Photo Contest
« on: September 15, 2005, 07:52:08 pm »
One trick to managing 14 year olds is that there is nothing they love more than vaguely insulting nicknames from their counselors.  Somehow this builds bunk unity like a charm.  Ho Chi (whose actual name is Adam) told us some weird story about his vietnamese barber, I think, so we went with the famed vietcong leader.

13
Wild Card / Earworms
« on: September 15, 2005, 05:40:13 pm »
I am going to see the New Pornographers featuring Neko Case in October.  It is going to be sweet.

14
Achewood / Photo Contest
« on: September 15, 2005, 05:37:59 pm »
My understanding is that they have it at most summer camps, mine included.  Basically the whole camp is divided into a certain number of teams (in our case 4) and spends the entire day competing in different sports/relay events, and there's lots of ridiculous cheering and singing and you have to dress in your color etc. (I was on the green team, you can actually see the word 'yarok' in the background which is hebrew for 'green').  It sucks bad enough for a camper, but for a counselor it's a huge hassle because your kids basically have free reign of the whole camp all day to get into just massive amounts of shit.  14 year old boys need a tighter leash than color war can provide, in general.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10