Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - otter

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
Achewood / 18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY
« on: January 18, 2008, 09:13:36 am »
linkety link

The last line killed me (and, on edit, my family), but it didn't quite fit in the title.  It would work pretty well as an interview question, too, the kind they would bust out when they've already decided to hire someone else and are just toying with you.

Anyway, this is a pretty awesome anxiety dream, if indeed it is one.  Maybe T's subconscious is working off some steam about the wedding preparations?

2
Achewood / Re: 26 Oct 2007 - What's a cunt? The smallest cup at 7-11?
« on: October 26, 2007, 06:07:06 am »
"I'll have a Taquito, a Slim-Jim, and a tiny cunt of Dr. Pepper."

3
Achewood / Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
« on: August 14, 2007, 02:03:25 pm »
According to legend, or at least according to a couple of friends, the "motorboat" equivalent for the ass-man is the "outboard motorboat."  Make of that what you will.

4
Achewood / August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:29:25 am »
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08132007

Edited: hmm.  The title, and calling Kid Rock's vehicle of choice a "limo," made me smile.  That's about it, though.  Teodor's interjection kind of creeped me out.

5
OK, sorry for the thread necromancy, but I just noticed the pun/reference in Beef's "somethin' awful on the News," and it made this strip even better.  Not only does it namecheck the birthplace of the image macro, but it adds a delicious setup to the last panel (if only Beef knew in what sense Something Awful was on the TV).

Rephrased for concision: "lulz!"

6
Achewood / Re: 07/16/2007 - That ... sucks bro
« on: July 16, 2007, 03:10:01 pm »
As someone who's been witness to this exact conversation more than a few times, I thought this was pretty funny.  These mannequins were obviously doing keg-stands the night before their 8 am Policy class.  Or perhaps Econ.

I also like the pause for computation, like fratboy conversations can be generated algorithmically, and the 8Hz processor in the mannequin is almost but not quite fast enough.

(Additionally: Bobby, for bringing bro-rape to a larger audience, I have rocked your can.)

7
Achewood / Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« on: July 05, 2007, 07:31:49 pm »
People in search of better alternatives should check out http://www.bancomicsans.com.

Also: this strip made my afternoon.

8
Achewood / Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« on: June 12, 2007, 06:57:37 am »
A can for HudsonVC because I literally opened TOUAMB muttering "please let it be Ayurvedic tapas, please let it be Ayurvedic tapas," and lo and behold.

Anyway, I trust Ray to come up with something appropriately raunchy, disasterous, and awesome.  I mean, this is what Ray's about.  This is his home game. 

9
Achewood / Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:12:44 pm »
Hey, it actually works!  At least, in the sense that I accidentally read "Whimsington Stroke" for "Whimsington Storke." 

The alt text and the last panel made me crack up.  I wonder if Belforan Mews comes in a box-set (also, what's actually inside it?  Guy-on-hoss?  Guy-on-hoss-on-busboy?  Guy-on-hoss in the sense of a dude just riding around on a hoss, having a grand old time?).

10
Achewood / Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:47:15 pm »
Fouc*ult Friday => canned.

11
Achewood / Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:26:33 pm »
I kind of wanted to kill myself after listening to that.  I mean, for Christ's sake, I like Achewood.   I don't enjoy feeling superior to people.  I am not some dude in a black turtleneck who totally made out with Derrida.  I just enjoy things that are funny, you know?

Sheesh.

P.S. I love whoever decided Fouc*ult was a swear word.

12
Achewood / Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« on: February 22, 2007, 02:05:36 pm »
The first thing I thought of reading this strip was this site - not sure if there's actually a connection between kooky goth web design and being a breast man, but there it is.

13
Achewood / Re: Nov. 3 2006 - If you think he WASN'T, turn to page 112!
« on: November 04, 2006, 04:54:22 am »
Maybe he can't believe it's not bustier.

(where'd all my cans go?)

14
Achewood / Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« on: September 29, 2006, 06:22:06 am »
This more than makes up for the recycled art a couple of days ago.  Wow.

15
Achewood / Re: 25-Sept-2006 - Hunt's, not even Heinz
« on: September 25, 2006, 04:32:54 am »
Yeah, I can't decide whether the blatant background-recycling is annoying, or hilarious (because it implies that Ray didn't learn his lesson about martinis and monitors not mixing).

Pages: [1] 2 3