Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sasquatch feeder

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
« on: March 14, 2005, 06:55:00 pm »
Congratulations! One day you'll sleep again.

2
Achewood / Yale interview
« on: March 10, 2005, 12:29:23 am »
I too immediately did an image search for Bill Watterson's picture and he does look like a cross between Calvin's dad and Herbert Kornfeld. Except that moustache is out of control. I think it is trying to take over his face.

I dug how Onstad referred to Herbert Kornfeld without any qualifiers, and that the Herald editor didn't feel the need to identify him either. They just assumed we'd know.

Now I have to go read some Wodehouse. Several friends have been trying to convince me of it for years, but it wasn't until Mr. Onstad's endorsement that I was won over. Maybe it can take over for Agatha Christie novels as my antiquated British brain candy. (I'm starting to remember the plots, which sort of spoils the surprise of a re-read.)

3
Achewood / 3/7/05: This one, prick?
« on: March 07, 2005, 08:51:57 pm »
Go Teodor! Nice use of ye olde noggin(e).

Seconding miles on how Pat would support the South, but not in an (overtly) racist way. No confederate flags for him, except perhaps on a bumper sticker next to the phrase "heritage not hate".

4
Achewood / where it counts - 03/03/05
« on: March 03, 2005, 07:57:48 pm »
Onstad keeps the great storylines rolling. This is excellent.

I agree with MSC that the demon receiver is the t-shirt. Note the difference between Ray's lyrical stylings with ("AIIIIGHT!") and without ("Friendship Lane").

Nice touches: Phillipe's happy eyebrows while he's dancing and the way the room goes dark when Satan speaks through Ray. Also Beef's Ken Burns joke.

5
Achewood / Victorian Diving Apparatus - 2/22/2005
« on: February 23, 2005, 12:32:06 am »
More classic Achewood: Teodor's eyebrows in the fourth panel. I think Onstad could sleepwalk (sleepdraw?) through a strip and I'd still laugh, but the subtle expressions really get me.

6
Achewood / 2/21/05 Who Hates Paris Hilton the Most?
« on: February 22, 2005, 06:35:12 pm »
So uh I just dig how Beef is so insistent that he would hate Paris Hilton the most. And that he can prove it with science.

longtime lurker, first time poster.

Pages: [1]