Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - pineapple

Pages: [1]
1
Arts & Entertainment / Sufjan Stevens 'Illinois'
« on: April 29, 2005, 06:00:33 pm »
it's like he says "where I go to sleep..." and then you're thinking the only possible thing he could ever do next would be to say "aloooone" in a really high voice... and then he does it.  it's insane.

2
People & Places / Photos
« on: April 29, 2005, 06:01:01 am »
looks like some sort of alien spacecraft reflected in the TV.

I don't have any pictures, but believe you me, I am super hot.

3
Arts & Entertainment / Sufjan Stevens 'Illinois'
« on: April 29, 2005, 04:49:17 am »
yes the album is a rainbow of emotions, and not in a gay way.

John Wayne Gacy Jr. is a really, really sad song.  such a god damn sad story, about the man himself.  I suggest listening to it, then reading up on it, then listening to it again, it's like a door opens.  in your mind.

just look at this track list, how could you not love the bloke

01 Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, IL
02 The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience But You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, "I have fought the Big Knives and will continue to fight them until they are off our lands!"
03 Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
-Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition
-Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me in a Dream
04 John Wayne Gacy, Jr.
05 Jacksonville
06 A Short Reprise for Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, But for Very Good Reasons
07 Decatur, or, Round of Applause for Your Step Mother!
08 One Last "Woo-hoo!" for the Pullman
09 Chicago
10 Casimir Pulaski Day
11 To the Workers of the Rockford River Valley Region, I have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament, and it involves shoe string, a lavender garland, and twelve strong women
12 The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts
13 Prairie Fire That Wanders About
14 A Conjunction of Drones Simulating the Way in Which Sufjan Stevens Has an Existential Crisis in the Great Godfrey Maze
15 The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us!
16 They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From the Dead!! Ahhhhh!
17 Let's Hear That String Part Again, Because I Don't Think They Heard It All the Way Out in Bushnell
18 In This Temple, as in the Hearts of Man, for Whom He Saved the Earth
19 The Seer's Tower
20 The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders
-Part I: The Great Frontier
-Part II: Come to Me Only With Playthings Now
21 Riffs and Variations on a Single Note for Jelly Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, and the King of Swing, to Name a Few
22 Out of Egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and I shake the dirt from my sandals as I run

4
Arts & Entertainment / So... what've you been listening to lately?
« on: April 28, 2005, 07:53:42 am »
talk like a ***** in the habititting way!

lately I have been jamming with Sufjan's Illinois, John Darnielle's The Sunset Tree, Of Montreal's Sunlandic Twins, and plus a recent little "rediscovery" of mine (yeah, I suck), Olivia Tremor Control's Dusk at Cubist Castle.

ALRIGHT!

5
Arts & Entertainment / Sufjan Stevens 'Illinois'
« on: April 28, 2005, 07:48:07 am »
my favorite is The Seer's Tower so far.  I am a sucker for the extra slow piano.  bum....



bum...   bum bum...

I love how he like hits all those cheesy falsetto notes on this album.  so great.  I love Sufjan, like a kind and noble King.

6
Achewood / 4/14/2005 - Teodor's Death (not today's strip)
« on: April 28, 2005, 07:38:03 am »
today's the big day, fellas.

WHAT'SA GONNA HAPPUN

Pages: [1]