Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Oz!

Pages: [1]
1
Arts & Entertainment / My new web comic you will want to read
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:45:47 pm »
Thanks very much jough!
I promise I will not plug my comic here any more! Even if someone asks me to! Even if Kofi Annan asks me to!!
I am that kind of person no more!

No disrespect, but I'm not sure I will be able to contribute too much to this board. I think if I started spending time on this board I would end up spending a LOT of time and me and the internet kind of need some time apart right now, just to reassess our relationship. In particular it is spring!! That means it is time to pick up sheilas!!

Thanks very much again,
-OZ

2
History / Godzilla
« on: September 01, 2005, 03:49:15 pm »
Man, but tornados are the extremely local weather event right? Like a big spout of air maybe on the order of 10m across? What we call a cyclone here, at least, seems to be exactly what is termed a hurricane elsewhere. Regional meterological linguistic variation?

3
History / Godzilla
« on: September 01, 2005, 02:00:12 pm »
The images from the news have left me in disbelief and sadness. As this is the closest connection I have to the events, I wish anyone affected the best.

Incidentally, does anyone know if a hurricane is just a cyclone by another name? Is there any metereological difference between the two?

cheers,
-OZ

4
Arts & Entertainment / My new web comic you will want to read
« on: September 01, 2005, 06:51:22 am »
Quote from: "wombat"
Dang people we are getting soft, even he says we should be laughing at his c*ck and instead you're all saying what a good attitude he has.

Also, it makes me want to cry that someone doesn't know who Thurber is.


I think soft is OK!
As to Thurber, I am still young and am learning all the time (also from Western Australia).

5
Arts & Entertainment / My new web comic you will want to read
« on: August 31, 2005, 04:04:26 pm »
Cheers side_show as well! I like this board, you all seem pretty much articulate and interesting. I'm sorry you collectively did not like my comic!

Man, you don't have to apologise, Oz is my name! To explain the exclamation mark, many message boards and other accounts only allow usernames with between 3 and 20 characters, so I got into the habit of using one. Mind you I don't have anything against exclamation marks! I like them a lot!

Thank you again,

-OZ

6
Arts & Entertainment / My new web comic you will want to read
« on: August 31, 2005, 09:35:39 am »
Quote from: "V-Adore"
You definitely get mad points for being cheerful about all of this (and actually showing back up), Oz!. This is rather classier than most people who make their first posts comic ads can manage.


Cheers V-Adore! As I see it, I broke into your community just to basically say how great I am. In the event that I flash you, you have every right to laugh at my c*ck. That is the ethics of this situation.

7
Arts & Entertainment / My new web comic you will want to read
« on: August 30, 2005, 08:52:31 am »
Thanks for the Thurber information!

Quote from: "side_show"
Also, Oz gets the Polyanna award for August.


Sorry, I am also unfamiliar with this expression. Judging by my google research, you could mean:
a) I am trying to make everyone else happy
b) I am myself unjustifiably happy

I would accept the charge of a), but not so much b). Still, thank you for the award!

8
Arts & Entertainment / My new web comic you will want to read
« on: August 29, 2005, 02:58:10 pm »
Quote from: "jough"
I was going to post something about (...)  the sadness of Oz's life


I believe that's MY speciality!

9
Arts & Entertainment / My new web comic you will want to read
« on: August 29, 2005, 04:02:45 am »
Cheers everybody, one way or the other! Yeah, apologies again for creating an account just to plug. That is pretty low. I mean as far as I could see nobody else had done this but I couldn't see any explicit guidance against it and I guess I am a very optimistic person!
My head: "Yes people will definitely enjoy another web comic with poor artwork and uncertain dialogue, and will consider it to be a brilliant commentary on modern life."

I think a lack of brevity is a pretty fair criticism. I would like to improve on that! I don't know James Thurber or Ratt, sorry!

In summary, I do like achewood a whole lot!

10
Arts & Entertainment / My new web comic you will want to read
« on: August 28, 2005, 09:34:56 am »
G'day,

This message contains me plugging my web comic. You will note I have generously interpreted my comic as arts & entertainment. I am not sure if I am really allowed to do this kind of thing? If not, my apologies! I would also like to go on official record as saying that I think Achewood is probably the pinnacle of human achievement. God it's good!

So, g'day again, I have recently hooked up a webpage for my exciting comic http://OZONTHEINTERNET.com. You will like my comics because they are very humorous and fun to read. The internet is a friendly place for me to make new mates!!! Please be my mate!

thank you very much,
-OZ

Pages: [1]