Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - JordanB

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Re: 12 September 2007 - The double-armed yawn
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:21:05 am »
I'd give this strip the thumbs-up were it not for the misuse of 'proscribed' instead of 'prescribed'.
'Proscribed' means prohibited or forbidden; 'prescribed' means recommended or directed for use.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/proscribe

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/prescribe

I still love me some Cornelius Bear, though.

2
Ray's hiss is one of the best Achewood moments I've seen since Cartilage Head.

3
Achewood / 11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« on: November 21, 2005, 12:07:49 am »
Did anyone stop to wonder why Philippe isn't bothered
by the fact that the man who (for all we know)
took him to the Super-Secret Ice Cream Shop
with the intention of committing the murder act on him
is in the next room, muttering culinary advice?

4
Achewood / 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« on: November 17, 2005, 07:01:30 am »
The funny in this one must be hiding.

Also, 1.21.03's strip is pretty much the worst possible one to even suggest putting on a t-shirt.  Is that the joke?

5
Achewood / 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
« on: November 16, 2005, 05:26:04 pm »
I gotta say that even though I saw the joke about Showbiz not even having a car a mile off, I still loved this strip.  The last panel is gold.

Also, you have to love the fact that Beef immediately switches to the first-person plural in offering help to his ne'er-do-well brother.

6
Achewood / 8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« on: November 08, 2005, 10:16:39 pm »
I was about to protest Ray's declaration that no teenage boy
has ever done anything wise near a lake as merely
a poor example of trying to be funny through overgeneralization,
but I began to realize that nothing I have ever done
or thought about doing in close proximity to a lake
has been a Good Idea.
Pantomiming surfing on a piece of driftwood
in order to elicit forced laughter from my friends,
only to fall and get a concussion is an example of the latter.

Lakes definitely emit some kind of radiation
that makes teenage boys act the fool.  Or, well... more so.

7
Achewood / Ray Smuckles is destroying this car (11.1.05)
« on: November 04, 2005, 04:10:24 pm »
Quote from: "Lark"
Also, am I the only one who thinks the image of the Civic with its wheels lying on the ground beside it would make a great T-shirt?


I'd buy it as long as it features Little Nephew sitting in it
wearing his ubiquitous look of dismay.

8
Achewood / 2 Nov '05 DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
« on: November 02, 2005, 04:05:03 pm »
Quote from: "aparrish"
But for now, my only question is this: who will call Ray next?!  My guess: Chucklebot.


No, no.  Liebot calls Ray, and Ray believes him.
No one would see that coming at all.

9
Achewood / 1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« on: November 01, 2005, 09:44:40 pm »
I've gotta say, I enjoy the way this Little-Nephew-World-Record arc
is coming along.  The idea of Ray refusing whenever asked to look
at a television or newspaper is an angle I didn't expect,
and it's turning out to be far more interesting than if Ray had immediately
come down on LN in such a manner as "You damn kids, why you always
got to be flat-footing it?  Step back and let Uncle Ray show you how to set a World Record."

Completely off-topic, regarding the note atop the crazy Japanese Ray strip,
has there been any discussion as to what Christopher T. Onstad's middle name could be?

10
Achewood / 10/25/05: I'll be in the oven.
« on: October 27, 2005, 12:15:21 am »
Quote from: "Bozack"
I can't watch movies where uncomfortable situations are portrayed- I cannot sit through them. I empathize too strongly with the charaters- I couldn't get past the first half hour of Happiness. When I'm reading a book, and someone is in a very uncomfortable situation, or setting themselves up for a fall, I have to take little 30 second breaks to calm down.


I agree with this as well. Does anyone else find it odd
that the majority of us are a bunch of softies
when it comes to Terrible Things happening to people,
and yet we all center around a comic strip
where a scene like this is de rigueur?

11
Achewood / 10/25/05: I'll be in the oven.
« on: October 26, 2005, 12:49:30 am »
I was skeptical of this strip at first,
as it seems fairly derivative of this one,
but I guess it's not so bad.

Still, if I had read that book as a child,
it would have given me nightmares.
Today I'd have put it down after two pages.

12
Achewood / 10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« on: October 19, 2005, 03:22:38 pm »
I really like the three parallel lines
Ray uses for the E in October.

13
Achewood / October 19, 2005 - king piss
« on: October 19, 2005, 03:21:18 pm »
I'd have liked to see a reaction from Téodor
at the end, even if it was just a blank stare.

This strip grossed me out.  Is king piss orange?
Does it have something to do with blue blood? (Har Har)

14
Achewood / Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« on: October 12, 2005, 03:43:12 am »
"Eat your cake and have it" is thought by some
to be a more logical construction.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-hav2.htm

15
Achewood / Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« on: October 07, 2005, 03:17:14 pm »
I ordinarily like Philippe's Friday Facts,
but this didn't do much for me.
Sure, the first paragraph was good,
but the others didn't seem to have
the proper Philippean spin on things.

Also, when I read the word 'buns'
I immediately thought of hamburger buns,
as in "hosss are weird! Where did they come from?
Surely dinosaurs didn't have big enough
hamburger buns on which to eat a hoss?"

Pages: [1] 2