Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - fuddes

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« on: December 01, 2004, 10:52:37 pm »
Pint glasses: Meh (that design isn't my favorite)
Lip balm: Yes!
Magnet: Yes!
Keychain: Yes!
Shot glass: Can't wait (and I don't even drink shots)

2
Achewood / New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« on: December 01, 2004, 10:48:54 pm »
I really dislike this painting.  It's not in color and it really has no interesting background.  You'd think since Onstad's making a fortune off these things, that he'd actually take time to paint something that takes more than ten minutes.

3
Achewood / I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« on: September 30, 2004, 02:45:33 pm »
Quote from: "jough"
You people KNOW how I feel about ugly avatars.


You should look at your own.

As for the strip, it was mildly amusing at first, but now that "weiner supply" has been removed, it's not funny at all.

4
Achewood / New Painting
« on: September 27, 2004, 09:26:56 pm »
Wow, I was hoping to snag this one, but the price is jumping up like crazy.  The Ray one went for $360, which was in my price range, but I'm not so sure about this one.

But yeah, it's the first one I've really liked.

5
Achewood / Re: the dailyramblings and mainy posts...
« on: August 05, 2003, 08:00:13 pm »
The lack of production I was pointing out was in the strips.  I can't count the number of times the strip would be delayed, and then never be done at all.  As for the new variety hour feature, I'm willing to give it a chance, but I still don't think getting away from the comics is a good idea.  But I could be proven wrong in a few weeks time.  We'll see.

Slink, I have no problem with you saying your part.  I appreciate any and all criticism.  If the column upset you, then there was probably a better way to write it.  So feel free to tear my articles to shreds.  It will help me get better at what I do.

6
Arts & Entertainment / News Flash: Lileks forum added
« on: August 05, 2003, 07:31:29 pm »
Go with banner ads if you have to.  They're not too bad.  I think it's mainly pop-up ads that bug most people.  Luckily, PHPBB boards aren't too huge, so size shouldn't be as much of a problem as bandwidth.  If size does become a problem, though, you can always turn on the "pruning" function.

7
Achewood / Re: the dailyramblings and mainy posts...
« on: August 05, 2003, 07:16:53 pm »
A few things:

1.  You'll notice that the first thing I say in the column is that Onstad is a genius.  So I still love his work.  But whether it's free or not, he still makes his living and pays his bills off the money we pay him, so I felt something needed to be said about the lack of production.  So far I've received four e-mails from people agreeing with me and thanking me for writing it, and none from people who dislike it.

2.  Keep in mind it's a humor column.  While it does have some harsh jabs, overall it's meant to be an inside joke for people who read Achewood and have noticed the sporadic updates.  As I said before, you're my first complaint.

3.  My post on the previous board wasn't what shut it down.  What shut it down was the fact that I was right about the quality of Onstad's new variety hour, and even his superfans saw this and started giving criticism on the board about it.  Anyway, this new board is a lot better.  There's room for everyone to actually discuss things without fear of being flamed.

4.  To set the record straight, I wasn't the one sending Onstad letters about explosive diarrhea, but I did make a joke about that in a post in J's Place.  My colon is very healthy.   :wink:

8
History / Help me J, I have explosive diarrhea
« on: August 04, 2003, 02:48:10 am »
I'm kidding!  I'm kidding!  Lock the thread already.

9
Achewood / Merchandise Sales
« on: August 04, 2003, 02:45:12 am »
Quote from: "V-Adore"
has anyone else there ever sort of wanted an Achewood URL on t-shirts and such?


Oooh, I hate URL's on shirts.  Not as much as shirts with stuff on the back, but close.  Anyway, I think Onstad knows that if he doesn't include URL's, his site will get better promotion.  His shirts and the comic characters are very odd, and people can't help but ask what it is.  So, of course, as superfans we will go off at length about how great the site is, which is the best promotion of all.

10
Arts & Entertainment / News Flash: Lileks forum added
« on: August 03, 2003, 04:54:58 pm »
Even if you e-mail James, it'll take him a year to get back to you.

11
Arts & Entertainment / Fireworks
« on: August 01, 2003, 05:09:40 pm »
Those and the not as high-tech "missile base" ones are great.  They last forever and are insanely loud.  Light off three of them outside a friend's house at 3 am and watch the fun.

12
Achewood / Open Letter to Greeting Card Companies
« on: August 01, 2003, 05:04:05 pm »
I'm not sure if it was meant to be funny.  It didn't seem like it.  Does anyone know who the other 15 are?  It'll be interesting to see how it continues.  I'm predicting it will bomb, just because it stretches people's attention span.

13
Achewood / Onstad does not deserve this
« on: August 01, 2003, 05:00:49 pm »
Quote from: "jough"
That didn't quite come out how I had intended.


Maybe not, but it was great.

14
Achewood / Links to the Gap and Old Navy?
« on: August 01, 2003, 04:59:33 pm »
I was wondering about those, too.  I doubt online comics are big enough to get ads from places like that, so it's kind of mind-boggling.

Pages: [1]