Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sam_spade

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:23:33 am »
I love how Lyle's visible stench in panel five looks like a Hot Rod flame decal. OF COURSE that's what Lyle's visible stench would look like. But that's it, overall C+.

2
Achewood / Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« on: February 09, 2006, 12:35:07 pm »
Why is Sound And Motion in the Fight at all? Shouldn't he be starting up an eco-friendly car company right about now?

3
Achewood / Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« on: February 09, 2006, 02:38:43 am »
If I was in the fight, I'd have a fake hand with a two-foot spike that's also a Tazer gatling setup (continuous 10,000 volt delivery system).  I'd do great until I run out of juice.

4
Achewood / Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« on: February 06, 2006, 12:43:33 pm »
Dig the cycle, dig the terrain, dig Ray's questions. Hella double-plus awesome. A++++++, Will Read Again.

Oh and, stay tuned to find out whether Beef, when "contained" (?!), wants to be a hero or wants to be with a hero.

5
Did we really need the chatsack story to get to this strip? That aborted fetus could've been happily festering up on the blogs somewhere.

6
Achewood / Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:05:46 pm »
I have a guy at work who likes visiting all these "funny video" web sites. He used to send links around to such clips as "Car Sliding Backwards Downhill Thanks To Faulty Brakes" and "Four Black Men Wailing On An Asian". It's not like I started actively disliking the guy just on the basis of videos, but these things pile up.

7
Achewood / 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
« on: December 16, 2005, 07:57:05 pm »
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
If this is filler as one suggested, ...


It's just so talking heads. So much art reuse/template abuse. All this talk and no action. Retract? Meh, 3/10.

8
Achewood / 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
« on: December 16, 2005, 01:06:37 pm »
Ray is French?

Seems pretty filler to me. QuickShip(TM) items don't quick ship themselves, you know.

9
Achewood / 12/06/05 Two legs truly a-twitter
« on: December 07, 2005, 02:55:05 am »
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
Cats oughtn't to drink milk in quantity.  Cats generally cannot tolerate lactose (they have NO patience for it) and too much of it will be bad news.


Yeah, this pretty much blew my mind when I learned of it when I was eighteen or so. Up until then I lived under the assumption cats were down with milk, a life built on a lie. It was my Santa Claus Isn't Real moment.

10
Achewood / 12/06/05 Two legs truly a-twitter
« on: December 06, 2005, 01:39:39 pm »
Would Ray know what/where the Gulf of Tonkin is? Seriously.

11
Achewood / Nov 23, 2005 - FROM THE DESK of a reasonable man
« on: November 23, 2005, 07:11:06 pm »
Quote from: "Karva"
Quote from: "sam_spade"
The note is almost haha, but it's more like ha ... ha? I don't like Molly at all here. Oooh, a hair. Whatever!


Would you use a bar of soap after Showbiz used it?


Quote from: "pubdoggy"
Hmm. Isn't soap inherently clean? A hair from a man (or a cat) wouldn't perturb me, no ma'am.


That's right, get with it! Out of all things used by Showbiz, soap is pretty OK.

12
Achewood / Nov 23, 2005 - FROM THE DESK of a reasonable man
« on: November 23, 2005, 02:51:11 pm »
The note is almost haha, but it's more like ha ... ha? I don't like Molly at all here. Oooh, a hair. Whatever!

13
Achewood / 11/14/05 - Give me the money, idiot! I'm from Switzerland!
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:52:57 am »
Yeah, the whole pistol thing is awesome.

14
Achewood / 11/14/05 - Give me the money, idiot! I'm from Switzerland!
« on: November 14, 2005, 06:11:32 am »
http://achewood.com/comic.php?date=11142005

The teller receives multiple gunshot wounds in this one. Discuss.

15
Achewood / 11/9/05- Learn the Shocking Truth: Only $8
« on: November 09, 2005, 01:41:15 pm »
I guess body mics are working again. No Ray. No Ray?!

Panel ... 12: check out the detail on that divider. TWIP!

Pages: [1] 2