Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Roger

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
1
Achewood / Re: How is Teodor's last name pronounced?
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:39:35 pm »
I always thought he was of Romanian descent, because many Romanian surnames end with -escu (Antonescu, Ionescu, Constantinescu, the infamous Ceaucescu, and so on). And as far as I know the Romanian language has more to do with the Romance languages than with Slavic ones. No clue to the pronunciation though…

2
Unfortunately Laika was just another chapter in the series of seriously fucked-up things the Russians did, beginning with the invention of the Anti-tank dog.

3
Achewood / Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« on: December 19, 2007, 03:01:24 pm »
I was actually hoping that the title of this thread would be RATZ ZRAW. There, I said it.

4
It looks like Ray is just scooping up some brie with a knife. The dude is completely bypassing bread and going straight for the good stuff. I dig his style.

Well, he is known for eating a wedge of brie in the manner of pie.

5
Achewood / Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
« on: May 16, 2007, 07:03:10 pm »
One way of saving the lawn installation is calling a group of feminists to protest against Ted Hughes. When they face the anti-abortion people things could get interesting.

6
Achewood / Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« on: May 14, 2007, 08:02:19 pm »
I just can't remember where that last panel came from. Anyone?

7
Achewood / Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:33:39 am »
Next stop: America's Next Pornstar.

I love Téodor's expression on panel 3. I believe he's wincing at Ray's ignorance and not at something Steve and Ron are performing on the TV screen.

8
People & Places / Re: Photos?
« on: March 29, 2007, 11:13:44 pm »
I don't have any pictures of myself online, and I can't find a decent one here at work. So I give you this:



I'm the fifth one from the left. Or at least that's part of my face.
Let me explain:
An advertising magazine once asked the studio I work at for a picture of the whole crew. And we did that collage/tribute to one of the greatest bands and one of the worst album covers of all time.
I'm sorry. It was a silly joke that got out of hand.

9
I almost started the thread with the title "I'm straighter than John Wayne voting for Reagan on a hoss". But your choice was my second best.

So there, for all of us who for a moment questioned Ray's heterosexuality.

Funny thing is that it's easy to see homosexual undertones in macho movies like "Braveheart". Ray, on the other hand, just looks for the "Braveheart" in gay porn.

10
People & Places / Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« on: March 26, 2007, 07:52:37 pm »
WAIT a minute. You can buy those :) frozen fries in Brazil???

I am sorry on behalf of my country. So very sorry.

See, I can buy pseudo-fries in any megamart down here, but if I order an import Manos DVD, which is what I'd like the most right now, my gov't adds this huge tax to the price. SO unfair.

But don't feel sorry Wombat, your country more than made it up by inventing this so-called "rock-and-roll" music that seems to be all the rage around the world nowadays.

11
Anyway, I'm loving this arc. I especially love all the random shit that's on the coffee table, complete with a perfectly nice guitar just lying around.

Apparently that table is pretty much permanently in that state. Toilet paper included.

12
People & Places / Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:18:03 pm »
Thanks side_show. It feels cooler here already.

I can't help but think whoever invented these Smiles fries was a sadistic bastard. They're not even as good as regular fries, being made of some kind of molded potato paste. But when I eat them I try to deal with each one in one big bite, just to avoid the sight of a face with half its head chopped off… still smiling at me.

[edited for extra rant]
I mean, seriously, it's not like children need an extra encouragement to eat fries.

13
People & Places / Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« on: March 25, 2007, 06:52:28 pm »
My name rhymes with a certain part of the female anatomy.

Throatwobble Mangina?

I just realised I made a shockingly bad joke without even doing the introduction bit. How shockingly rude.

Same here.
Well then… my name is Rogério, which is Portuguese for Roger (don't try to pronounce that, either). I'm 32, I live in São Paulo, Brazil with wife and pets, where I work with motion graphics design. Which means that I not only choose fonts for a living, but I also make them move around your TV screen.

I'm not a frequent poster, but once I was nominated for the Most Disturbing Avatar award at the first, and so far the only TOUAMBIES Awards. Not for the current, rather friendly-looking Comedian Fry – back then I used to sport the Polish version of the ALIEN movie poster. It looked great with a mustache.

14
People & Places / Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« on: March 25, 2007, 03:55:05 am »
Would you people please stop calling this guy "Pan"? I'm starting to envision him as a little fellow with goat legs and horns who spends all day skipping around playing a flute. I'm sure the Navy doesn't approve of such behavior.

15
People & Places / Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« on: March 23, 2007, 06:37:20 pm »
Speaking of TOUAMB members in the military…

You guys remember lprkn? AKA "Porkin"? AKA "LepreKHAAAAAAN"? Got shipped off to Iraq almost a year ago?

Does anyone know if he returned with all his f-a-c-u-l-t-i-e-s intact?

Also: Welcome.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21