Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sjlimmer

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
1
Science & Nature / Re: No Wireless Network
« on: August 02, 2006, 02:15:23 am »
It's got another problem not as well, When I log on, it only recognizes 'administrator' which is me, but it's always logged on as Paul McRae, but the screen is all different and it won't accept my password.  I may have to go to Downers Grove, IL where the closest FRY's on my journey is located.  I have a warranty.  They should just replace the damn thing.  If I can't fix it before hand.  Don't really want to go to Downers Grove.

~Paul

Well, if you do end up out this way, feel free to stop by and leach off of my wireless too, Paul.  If it's working (damn Comcast...)

2
Achewood / Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
« on: August 02, 2006, 01:57:40 am »
Damn, I leave for a while, and what the hell happens?  You people can only come up with two pages of in this thread? 

What?  The?  Hell?

Anyway, happy b-day board.  May you grow old and feeble before I do...

P.S.  Thanks for including my name on your list there, AD

3
Sports & Leisure / Re: Stuffing my face, southwest-style
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:00:58 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, paul and carlos.  I don't know how much free time I'll have (I'm in town for a job interview), but I'll have to see how many of these places I can try.  The prospect of good chiles is making my mouth water.

Any opinions on Billy's Long Bar?  Any place with ~50 taps is bound to get my hopes up since it's hard to find more than 3, none of them good, here in small-town MO.

4
Sports & Leisure / Stuffing my face, southwest-style
« on: March 10, 2006, 08:13:05 pm »
Anyone here from (or familiar with) Albuquerque?  I'm going to be there for 2 days next week, and I was hoping someone might have food/drink recommendations for me.  Any food I must eat, or watering holes I must get shit-faced in?

Thanks!

5
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Yoga mix
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:11:32 pm »
Oh, did we already know this?  My mom's side of the family is Utah Mormons.  We are practically related!

I wish we could all meet up with Paul there and raise a ruckus. A wild caffeine drinking rumpus!

What the hell, I haven't been back that way for a few years.  Low alcohol beer for us all!

6
People & Places / Re: Huntington Utah
« on: March 04, 2006, 12:43:36 am »
That "scone" looks a lot like fry bread, which is reasonably common in Utah (supposedly of Navajo origin).  It fact, fired "scones" are not all that uncommon in the area.  Hell, now I kinda miss Sconecutter.

Hopefully Utah's treating you well, Paul.

7
People & Places / Re: 100 can club
« on: February 27, 2006, 09:44:44 pm »
In conclusion, I do not weep for tiny cans, they merely weep for me.

Thats why you have to put them on a tiny coaster.  Wouldn't want to leave a tiny ring on the furniture.

8
People & Places / Re: Jobs!
« on: February 20, 2006, 04:27:35 pm »
Congrats.  I know I did a little dance after my last shift in retail hell.

9
People & Places / Re: Jobs!
« on: February 20, 2006, 03:46:56 am »
Postdoctoral researcher (I think that's the official title), but I'm in the market for a new job.  If anyone has a contact at a national lab, let me know.

10
Wild Card / Re: Internet Obituaries
« on: February 16, 2006, 12:48:09 am »
Given that I'm imaginary, I'll only die when/if the board collectively decides it to be so.  Thus notifying y'all seems redundant.

11
The brawl collage is indeed a thing of beauty.  Also, I hate to be the one to say this, but so be it.


I thought the mooning cat was preparing to take a dump on his awed opponent.

Now that's fighting dirty!

Yes, yes, I know I need help.

12
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« on: February 14, 2006, 02:49:51 pm »
Yet again Trent Reznor tries to steal moves form better (or at least more interesting) musicians:

See Skinny Puppy - "Ode to Groovy" on the In Defense of Animals comp.

I kid, I kid.  Although NINs recent work hasn't done much for me, I figured it's because I don't really listen to that kind of stuff as much anymore.

Except for KMFDM.  And Ministry.  And old NIN.  God I'm pathetic.  I'm too old to be doing this.

13
Arts & Entertainment / Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« on: February 05, 2006, 05:17:04 pm »
Mine came yesterday, along with a shitload of other stuff I had recently purchased (The Go! Team, Tullycraft, Amusement Parks on Fire, Mclusky, Yesterday's New Quintet).

It was a musical-icious day.  Too bad about the inky fingerprint on the mix that made it skip, just a little.  I'm sure it'll clean off, I just haven't done it yet.

Anyway, the point of this all is:  thanks, V!

14
I know the President can do stuff like that, such as with Patriot Day which I believe has to be re-proclaimed every year.

Come for the discussions of alive stuffed animals, stay for the civics lessons.

Education!

15
People & Places / Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« on: February 01, 2006, 12:14:37 am »
Change your name!  Change your name!

I always assumed it was a-cox-kay.  Never thought there was an issue.

While I never considered myself dyslexic, I find that I always want to transpose the c and the x, making axocae (AX-o-kay).

This information is of no use to anyone.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22