Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - hoborg

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« on: July 05, 2007, 07:57:23 pm »
futura is hella tight

GEOMETRIC SANS SERIF 4 LYFE
DOWN WITH HUMANISTS


Did anyone else feel a little... disturbed by this strip? I found it really funny at first, but eventually thinking about the chill achewood characters kicking the shit out of a helpless dude American History X-style just seemed so wrong. I know it's a one-off but it's still weird to see them so out of character in a violent way.

Last time Onstad used the curb reference is one of my favorite strips, though.

2
Achewood / Re: That was uncalled for (1.31.07)
« on: January 31, 2007, 12:29:26 pm »
It must be kind of hard to curb a mussel, you could smash someone's fingers up pretty good. Hopefully the williams-sonoma curb mat has a device that allows you to hold things in place.

I'm not sure Onstad knows what a cow is.

3
Achewood / Re: The Story Of Molly Sanders. January 23, 2007.
« on: January 24, 2007, 02:29:34 am »
What does E.E.H. stand for?

4
Wow... with his hat off, lyle looks... really cute.

5
Achewood / Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:53:33 am »
Current toddler status, 8/14: We went to a birthday party for another toddler and everybody got confused and danced to something called Mega Frog.

6
People are still making "WHATS THE BEST THING YOU GOT" Auctions...

The best one so far: Realistic Nuclear Launch System

What a deal!

7
Achewood / Re: ok, a prediction
« on: March 21, 2006, 01:56:03 am »
Did you miss today's strip?  They're taking on The Tower now.

Well Beef is not really cool with that at this point it seems. There's still the chance that he will force Ray to fight so they don't get mutilated by The Jeeps. I see that as pretty unlikely, but not entirely out of the question.

8
Achewood / Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« on: February 18, 2006, 03:33:45 am »
Maybe we can pay nine dollars for the shirts and insist that we paid eighteen.

9
Achewood / Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« on: February 17, 2006, 01:10:52 pm »
Yeah, definitely a great Beef reply... he has eased my worries of the group's ragtagness.

10
Wild Card / Re: The New Nerd Test
« on: February 15, 2006, 05:41:30 pm »
OH MAN. The Mortal Kombat entry
had me doing laugh sounds. That I find it funny 12 years after the fact is probably that Nerd Test thing.

The best part is "(bekause of that feature, it was one of the first applikations to bekome part of KDE)" I'm not even a linux nerd, but I've used KDE before and it was pretty much exactly like reading the uncyclopedia article about it.

11
Achewood / Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« on: February 15, 2006, 04:58:39 pm »
Thanks for explaining that, Mr. Frenzy. I am kind of a dumb guy, I did not get the joke at all.

Clearly Ron is too angry and stressed out to be able to fight well, but does Ray know enough about fighting to be able to exploit this? This arc is great because each strip leaves me worried about what's going to happen in the next...

12
Achewood / Re: Cartilage Head on the Metro
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:26:11 am »
Man, practically the whole POINT of a camera phone is to take discreet spy-pictures. You can just like pretend you are playing a game or wave it around like you are trying to get good reception and you are stupid enough to think you can get good reception on a subway or that waving it around would help.

That is pretty cool, anyway. What city's orange line was this, if I may ask?

13
Achewood / Re: February 14, 2006 -- GENTLEMEN... FIGHT!
« on: February 14, 2006, 07:51:12 am »
So the plan is: Wait in the opposite corner 'till they all kill each other? Booooring! I can't see it being long before Ray gets too impatient.

14
Achewood / Re: February 13, 2006 - A Stubbs stands ALONE, god dammit!
« on: February 13, 2006, 09:53:29 am »
'cos this one has the correct thread title.

I don't know how much help those dudes are going to offer the son of Rodney, that looks like one ragtag bunch of cats. I just noticed melack already used the adjective "ragtag" but they are so ragtag it bears repeating.

Ragtag.

15
Achewood / Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« on: February 11, 2006, 05:23:42 pm »
mayyyyyyybe...

(as in maybe 100 times)

Pages: [1] 2