Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ferocious j

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
1
Achewood / 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« on: November 18, 2005, 09:00:10 pm »
(brief semi-re-rail)

These would also make an excellent holiday gift item

(I cannot be the only one who read today's Photoshop feature)

2
Achewood / 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« on: November 17, 2005, 08:18:47 pm »
Quote from: "misterqueue"
I think the T-shirt bit was just a snarky shot at those of us who bitch when Onstad (too bad there's no Treble Clef key on this keyboard) puts out a complete mind-boggling shirt choice.

It struck me more as a general shout-out to the time-honored webcomic fan custom of asking that basically every single strip of a comic that ever comes out be put on a t-shirt at one time or another.

3
Achewood / Cotume Contest
« on: November 04, 2005, 02:21:57 am »
That's pretty excellent because

- It was well-done
- It illustrates just how hilarious-looking Lie Bot really is*

* Quite

4
Achewood / Can anyone construct a concrete profile of this C. Onstad?
« on: October 24, 2005, 07:45:49 pm »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Wasn't he at the Dumbrella booth at an SPX-esque event early in the strip's life? I'm sure one of the Dumbrellites saw him.

He was at APE maybe three years ago.  I met him.  He's not a fat dude.

5
Achewood / uf - October 06, 2005
« on: October 06, 2005, 06:53:06 pm »
Sometimes it's not funny but it's still good.

I MEAN WAIT

 :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:

did I do it right

6
Achewood / 9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« on: September 29, 2005, 06:43:27 pm »
I enjoy that all three anti-Jaime publications chose the exact same Jaime pose to depict their mortal enemy, as if zeroing in precisely on his most offensive moment.

7
Achewood / 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« on: September 28, 2005, 10:32:55 pm »
Are you kidding me.

- Roast Beef talking in a fake accent

- Continually breaking into his own act with commentary

- Ray's somewhat hurried-sounding dismissals

Basically panels 4-6 are chuckleworthy all on their own

8
Achewood / September 2005 Blogapalooza
« on: September 23, 2005, 07:15:11 pm »
Quote from: "Molly"
It's like working QA on the line at a bagel company but all the bagels going past you are shaped like hammers and sickles and you're not sure if you should say anything or just let the machines do their work.

Now I wish more than anything for someone to open a COMMIE BAGEL FACTORY somewhere in my town.

9
Achewood / wine? (16sept05)
« on: September 16, 2005, 06:57:03 pm »
Re: Ray's glass: That's not water.  It's just the articulation of the glass.  Light going through it makes lines.

Re: The previous strip: CH is already drinking wine out of his own glass.  The one in today's strip is Ray's glass.  Which is different.

10
Achewood / I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« on: July 27, 2005, 10:35:00 pm »
This is almost unbelievably excellent.

11
Achewood / Redhanded - 26/07/05
« on: July 26, 2005, 05:39:29 pm »
Zartan has been unrelenting quality pretty much from the get-go, and s/he sounds so damn familiar to my ears it's driving me crazy.

12
Achewood / July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« on: July 26, 2005, 12:15:53 am »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
This does remind of a thread back on Dumbrella like 2 crashes ago. People made mock answers to those "Which Buffy character are you"-style quizzes where the answer provides a jpeg should you be the kind of ass who likes to put those in their sig. So people would make up an image for a test like that.

I found the one I did:



I don't remember what the accompanying text was, though.

13
Achewood / BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« on: July 21, 2005, 09:27:41 pm »
Quote from: "ray, according to teodor, "
You’re not fat, dude! But your body has reached a certain...believability.

I'm going to start saying this to any chunky guys I know from now on.  I wonder for what reason Ray was high, if not because of the 4:20 thing.

14
Achewood / July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« on: July 19, 2005, 08:06:08 pm »
It also offers some insight into why Pat (even in nice-guy form) would choose to wear a cape.  He's living the dream.

15
Achewood / BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« on: July 14, 2005, 05:25:46 pm »
Quote from: "andalucia"
"Female Partition Jesus" makes up for Onstad's timely riffing on That Tom Cruise; He Is Zany.  I think.

"Makes up for," nothing.  "Celebrity mousse" is gold.

Going on snow isn't something anyone who lives in the SF Bay Area would want to pay extra for, unless that person spent a lot of time going to Tahoe for skiing purposes, or had relatives in snow country.  This place just never goes below 40 F.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16