Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - jcreed

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
Achewood / Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« on: February 09, 2007, 05:04:17 am »
Is that take five?  It looks like take five.

It's definitely meant to be "take five". The rhythm is there, it's just that the key signature and the straightness of the staff lines are a bit missing.

2
Achewood / Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« on: December 02, 2006, 03:07:59 am »
Whoa, crazy.  I think it's a sign from god that you should either do more math or read more comics. 

I'ma play it safe and do both.

3
Achewood / Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« on: November 30, 2006, 02:58:02 pm »
Roast Beef is a man who notices patterns, a man who makes connections.  I love Roast Beef. 

When I'm up late doing math homework I tend to conflate the problem I'm trying to solve with the larger problem of staying awake.  Once while up doing an assignment about Lie groups I groggily looked at my clock and thought, "Aha!  The readout on this device tells me that time itself is a Lie group, therefore there's absolutely no reason why I shouldn't go to sleep right now." 

Edit:  A Lie group is just some random math thing, you don't need to know what it is to get what I'm saying here.  To make this comment less annoying to read, try picking any key word or phrase from your discipline of choice and substituting it for "Lie group."  Example:  "Once while up doing an assignment about the battle of Normandy I groggily looked at my clock and thought, 'Aha!  The readout on this device tells me that time itself is the battle of Normandy, therefore...'"

Man I was just reading about Lie groups and then I decided to read comics for the day. I did not expect to find Lie groups hiding in wait for me again.

4
Achewood / Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« on: August 02, 2006, 01:50:53 pm »
Also, let's hear it for Beef's derision of his coding ability; that is vivid.

Second that. Also now we have ironclad proof (as if we didn't already!) that logo and pascal are the tree-huggingest birkenstock-wearingest hippiest of programming languages.

5
Nice pit-stains on Beef in the last panel.

Eyebrows, too.

6
Achewood / Re: Achewood Inspired Dance Midi
« on: June 23, 2006, 03:16:24 pm »
"Everybody Dance Like There's Ass In Your ******." (why is that censored?)

Because trousers are an obvious euphemism for mechanical men.

7
Achewood / Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
« on: June 21, 2006, 09:36:59 pm »
So, was it ever established that Miami wasn't Todd with a voice changer? Seems a lot like Todd.

It seems like it'd be hard to eliminate stuttering with a voice changer.

8
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=toss+salad

Thanks to Achewood, and to touamb, I am not left to wonder what is meant by the writing in the following document found by a prison library volunteer worker:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jumble/92798393/in/set-72057594055928630/

Instead, I know exactly what it means, to the point that I have a nigh-indelible mental image associated with it. Er, th-thank you, Achewood and touamb.

9
Achewood / Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« on: June 12, 2006, 01:21:48 pm »
I like to see the theme of OD-ing on a particular kind of TV show repeating itself.

You watch too much rockumentaries Téodor YOU WATCH TOO MUCH ROCKUMENTARIES !

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232005

10
What history does not record is that the Buddha had a two-foot bamboo pole attached to his waist with a sack of rice at the end.

11
Anyone else notice that the black in this strip is actually #333333? Damn, it is a thing, isn't it? A symbolic thing. Like, the world where black is black and white is white just isn't the same anymore.

12
Achewood / Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« on: March 25, 2006, 08:55:26 pm »
I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see Monday's strip open with a series of pictures of Ray removing his shades, blinking his eyes, then rubbing them, then reaching over to the nightstand, picking up his cell phone and dialing --  beep beep boop bip beep boop bip...  pause... "Beef?  Ray.  Dude, I totally just had the wierdest dream."

But then there's the hat on the pillow next to him to prove that it really happened.

ohhhh shiiiit

13
Achewood / Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
« on: March 23, 2006, 03:01:55 pm »
gee guys i don't know if things can back to the way they were now that ray and beef are murderers and what effect will this have on phillipe and A BLOO BLOO BLOO

Yeah already panel two of
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02272006
says "scarred for life" to me, and that's not even counting the stories Them Knuckleheads will be bringin' back with 'em.

Some excellent copy and paste action on panels 4 and 13 of today's.

I am strangely pleased that FLUP is the noise of rolling on flat tires as well as heavy canvas tents being entered.


14
Light a fire in a barrel, you get ash. As the fire dies down, you get a barrel full of ash.
Ash is great for putting out fires.

Oh, right, I was confused and thought it was a liquid. On second look, given the thin trails dribbling down the jeep's front bumper: definitely ash.

Ray can't be headed towards the gate to try and escape so what's his game?

And why not? You have to get outside the fence in order to rile up the encamped former contestants to storm the tower and defeat the Fight itself.

15
So what is in those drum/barrel things that allows them to keep fires going, and also to put fires out?

Favorite sound-effects among the many are definitely FLUP and the SLAP-DAP twins.

Pages: [1] 2 3