Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Hobot

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58
1
People & Places / Re: WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE
« on: September 30, 2007, 10:11:27 pm »
Come on, people; if the Flickr posts didn't make it obvious, then you probably don't deserve to know.

Thank you, and goodnight!

2
People & Places / Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« on: September 17, 2006, 11:48:49 pm »
Up until that sentence I had thought that avatar was the vice magazine website logo man... on a tortilla (No link sorry, look it up if you're curious).  Will this admission get me banned from the forums?

Are you saying I look like this guy?

3
Achewood / Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« on: September 14, 2006, 02:17:38 pm »
Now I'm wondering, does Philippe not actually know what winking is, or is he one of those genetic freaks that can't actually do it?

HEY, I am not a freak.  My left eye is a little more skilled, but when I try to wink it, my right eyebrow raises involuntarily.  It's pretty great.

Wonderful strip, &c.

4
People & Places / Re: MY NEGATIVE CANS
« on: September 13, 2006, 06:32:24 pm »
  I can't figure out whether mrchee's asking for cans or asking for negative cans...

I think he's asking for attention.

5
People & Places / Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« on: September 13, 2006, 04:50:58 pm »
Thanks for the... compliments?

I am sorry to have inadvertently commandeered your thread, afterMonday.  Welcome, &c.

6
Wild Card / Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« on: September 12, 2006, 04:59:03 pm »
also, chemistry major isn't necessarily == "I have intimate knowledge of brewing mead."

No, but anyone who has taken a very basic Biology course and is familiar with the process of alcoholic fermentation could tell you that there is a strong possibility that the bottles containing the fermenting mead will explode.

7
Achewood / Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« on: September 12, 2006, 02:11:54 pm »
What about French noodles*, Philippe?




*French noodles are bread.

8
Achewood / Re: 11 Sep 2006 - Ich habe gesellschaft (I have society)
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:47:21 pm »
The little "OH, JA!" in the last panel was the best part.

I noticed that in the third panel, Téodor is making the same face as he does in this strip.

9
Achewood / Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« on: September 05, 2006, 01:09:14 pm »
If you think what Lie bot said was the center of the strip, you missed the point. The entire punchline, all the surreal Achewoodian humor, and Onstad's shark-jumping genius is encapsulated in the one throwaway line by Phillipe:

"I've been practicing."

The arm-akimbo stance was nice, too.

10
Wild Card / Re: The washing hair debate
« on: September 05, 2006, 12:17:44 pm »
Holy fuckin' hell, slink! Where the fuck do you live that petrol costs that goddamn much -- a place whose government doesn't subsidize your oil? I heard that it costs like $8 a litre in the UK (and there are about 3.785 litres per US gallon). Crazy.

Finish that tank, kids; there are oil-starved people in Europe.

11
Achewood / Re: August Blogs!
« on: September 05, 2006, 12:12:05 pm »
I must agree with the Southern accent stereotype; this is why I am extremely glad I haven't the slightest trace of one, despite being Virginian.

12
History / Re: Steve Irwin Is Dead
« on: September 05, 2006, 05:27:50 am »
Police say video footage of the moment Irwin was killed by the stingray is central to their investigation into his death.

"We'll be continuing to use that video in our investigation and we look forward to finalising the investigation very quickly," he said.

The stingray has been detained for questioning.

13
History / Re: Happy Labor Day
« on: September 04, 2006, 11:09:31 pm »
I'm spending the day packing for graduate school. Damn good times!

I, too, spent the day packing for a higher education-related destination (in my case, college).  I am somewhat proud that I managed to get all the packing done in a single day (because there's no prelude to a return to school quite like procrastination!).

14
History / Re: Steve Irwin Is Dead
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:15:14 pm »
It's sad that he is leaving a wife and two young children behind, but, considering his line of work, I suspect they were prepared for it to happen at any time.  I must say, though, that being pierced by a stingray through the heart is just about the manliest way to go I can imagine.

15
People & Places / Re: My New Artcar
« on: September 03, 2006, 06:14:33 pm »
Fantastic!  I love that the design is based upon your photography, another one of your well-known hobbies.

Good luck!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58