Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Vinz Clortho

Pages: [1] 2
1
People & Places / jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« on: August 05, 2003, 02:13:05 am »
America's Sweetheart, of course: she's adored and admired by the nation, and even when she is horrible or disagreeable, we can not help but go "Awww."

America's Sweethearts are dangerous ladies, for they can do no wrong in the U.S. of A.

Awww.

2
Achewood / BUT WHO PUT THE HAIR IN THE NACHOS?
« on: August 05, 2003, 02:05:27 am »
I roomed with two guys who were exceptionally hairy and wore big beards, plus their hair (on their heads) was very curly and black.  The soap looked like a hampster, prickly black tumbleweeds rolled through the living room and often I would find pube-like hairs on the wall at eye level. People in conversation would sometimes pause to pick a short-and-curly off my shirt.

JL, purchase a very strong vacuum when you are a mother, because yours will put these guys to shame.

3
Wild Card / Sniff sniff.
« on: August 04, 2003, 05:15:49 pm »
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Vinz Clortho"
Stuff about smelling/being smelled.

Please tell me that you no longer wear cologne because you want her to smell you and not some citrus based scent. Please do not tell me it's because you don't want her to smell you.


Oh no, Nabubrush, I want her to smell me, just not so often. With a 16" height difference we look goofy enough without her constantly, and I do mean constantly, smelling me. I can't remember the last time we went out for a nice dinner without her snuffing around my arm like a bloodhound.

I do have to admit, though, it is pretty cute of her.

4
Wild Card / We have a moonflower
« on: August 04, 2003, 06:23:42 am »
What's to make fun of?  That's outstanding!  I have never seen nor smelled a moon flower, though I have always wanted to.  I've been working toward thinning out a grove of trees at the edge of my property and turning part into a garden.  I reclaimed a 20-foot diameter circle of land from a monsterously overgrown forsythia bush (pretty and smelled good, though), trimming it down to only a foot-and-a-half diameter and 1 foot tall. Now I'm waiting for my clematis to sprout and grow up the thin trees; they're a lovely flowering plant and smell wonderful.

I think that's all I can bring to this conversation before it swings to Sights.

5
People & Places / Let's figure out this mod thing.
« on: August 04, 2003, 06:14:06 am »
Coming home half-drunk after a long day of watching a third-rate big band spur my grandparents' 50th Anniversary guests to lurch and shuffle like the cast of "Thriller" is only made that much more filling by realizing I have homework from JL.

I will have my application to you ASAP, because I thoroughly enjoy smells.

6
Achewood / Open Letter to Greeting Card Companies
« on: August 02, 2003, 12:23:52 pm »
Quote from: "jldunston"
Last year I gave my husband one with a picture of a plastic dinosaur biting a little boy's nose.  It was adorable.


I have used that card about six times now, for everything from birthdays to Father's Day to wedding congratulations. I've yet to use it for a funeral, but I'm patient.

7
People & Places / Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« on: August 02, 2003, 12:13:48 pm »
That monkey!  That strange, mysterious monkey!  Nice touch, Jough.  :)

8
Wild Card / Sniff sniff.
« on: August 02, 2003, 12:11:57 pm »
My girlfriend's like that too, she smells everything. If I wear cologne she'll keep sniffing me, whether we're at home or dinner or driving or shopping. She's 16 inches shorter than me and barely comes up to my shoulder, so there's no telling when she'll just turn and huff my chest.

And this is why I no longer wear cologne.

9
Arts & Entertainment / Favorite Musical Genre?
« on: August 02, 2003, 03:43:31 am »
I listened to nothing but Oingo Boingo during the month of July, and it was awesome.  They were my constant companions.  They sang of dead men's parties while I wrote, they sang of undercover Cinderella while I ate.  They even sang of romancing little girls while I worked in the garden under neighbors' unsure glares.

God bless those Mystic Knights.

10
Arts & Entertainment / favorite movies
« on: August 02, 2003, 03:36:47 am »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Please tell me you mean the MST3K version of Manos: The Hands of Fate.

(Aside: I once saw a car with plates that said TORGO. That was hilarious)


When I happened across the Manos Diner in Elmira, New York, I crowed my delight as I whipped into a u-turn.  No Torgo, though, everyone was pretty average. Food was pretty good, too.

The trip later to the restroom--not so good.

11
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Hollywood's Hotest
« on: August 02, 2003, 03:33:10 am »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Who exactly is paying for this stuff?


Lonely, horny bachelors for whom GGW tapes can not come out fast, hot, wild or sexy enough, and whose mothers won't let them bring ladies in the house.

Or, uh, you know...so I'd imagine.

12
Arts & Entertainment / favorite movies
« on: August 02, 2003, 12:31:51 am »
I'm going with

Blazing Saddles
Safe Men
The Goonies
Ghostbusters
It's a Wonderful Life
Young Frankenstein
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

13
Achewood / Onstad does not deserve this
« on: August 01, 2003, 11:44:26 pm »
Doomglobe, I tried to put that as my signature, but it was just too long.

Thus is evidenced Neuticles' might.

14
Achewood / Onstad in College
« on: August 01, 2003, 11:36:43 pm »
Has anyone read the stuff Onstad wrote for his college humor magazine?  The letter to the greeting card industry is very similar to that.  

A while ago someone posted a link in the old message board; I have no idea now what it was.

15
History / Summer reading
« on: August 01, 2003, 11:31:31 pm »
My favorite Lenore comic is the one with the pigeons waging warfare on man through the "process of elimination."

"Carl! Do you still have the runs?!"

"....yes."

"HOORAY!!"

Pages: [1] 2