Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Undertoad

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
Achewood / Re: July 31, 2008 - You're like chow mein, man!
« on: August 01, 2008, 02:13:14 pm »
The burn in this strip is panel 5.  Dilbert hasn't been funny for a long, long time.  The reason is, when it was funny, it was because Adams got all his material from people sending him ideas from their own workplaces.  Now he's out of the zeitgeist and nobody is sending him ideas, and so Dilbert sucks.  Kudos to Scott Adams for coming up with the character that everybody wanted at the time everybody wanted it, but it's over now.

2
Achewood / Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
« on: June 25, 2008, 12:41:13 pm »
50% of Achewoods contain a reference to food or are specifically about food in some way

3
I like this one a lot, but it did sadden me that the guy who constructed an awesome blistering attack on Comic Sans has now employed Papyrus.

"Due to its unique presentation and widespread circulation, many graphic designers, including Papyrus' originator, feel the font to be overused." -- Wikipedia entry for Papyrus (typeface)

4
Achewood / Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« on: February 29, 2008, 03:31:05 pm »
This strip is broken.  When the dude says it tastes like dog penls medicine, and then grabs the bottle and it says dog penls medicine, dude can't then assume that it was some sort of weird hossradish.

Also, every Achewood is about food and every other Achewood is about a character developing some kind of entrepreneurial thing, and now, for the second time in weeks, we have a character combining the two.  Lyle was just selling coffee to perverts the other day... I don't mind Onstad taking cues from his own life as clearly he is an entrepreneurial foodie.  I'm just scared that he's falling into a rut.


5
Achewood / Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« on: January 04, 2008, 05:16:07 am »
Agreed, Onstad has completely lost the people-who-have-been-within-conversational-radius-of-Stephen-Hawking market segment.

6
I think that a stoned softball league will involve no actual bat-to-ball contact.  There may or may not be pitching that may or may not get close to the strike zone.  The entire point of a stoned softball league will be the hot dogs on the grill.  Beef's participation is key, and critical.

7
Achewood / Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« on: March 11, 2007, 08:12:54 pm »
Ray's different email sounds come from Sublime's "Smoke Two Joints".

Quote
I smoke two joints in the morning.
I smoke two joints at night.
I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright
I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
And then I smoke two more

Apparently Ray uses different lines from the song for morning, afternoon and night.

8
Quote
NOW IT IS RUDE KITTY TITTIES

Whoa wha wait a minute - if it's really kitty titties, shouldn't there be like 10 of 'em?

9
link

So Beef was right; Pete sees this not only as a high gesture, but the highest of all gestures, and grants Ray deity status in his world.

I'm only a little annoyed that there is no comeuppance for Pete's evil scheme and that he has enough medical coverage to get patched up like that.

Ray has always been New Jesus to me.  Ray is king, and we could not even live in his realm, but we may dream to achieve his level some day.

 

10
Achewood / Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:42:24 pm »
Don't overthink it, kids. It's just a funny pair of words that might somehow refer to something related to marijuana.
The only Google result for it is... this thread


11
Achewood / Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« on: January 04, 2007, 03:59:01 pm »
I just gotta say, as a bass player, that I am totally offended by Teodor's attitude. 

12
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10302006

This is completely a character piece, and maybe a relief from the rather heavy previous story arc.  Philippe's child of imagination and wonderment cast against Cornelius' refined adult intellectual.

What makes a chicken cooler to fellow chickens by breaking the species barrier, as opposed to dogs?

And er, ah, isn't it the rooster that, uh...?

13
Achewood / Re: 11 Sep 2006 - Ich habe gesellschaft (I have society)
« on: September 11, 2006, 11:55:02 am »
I was all set to not like this strip until issacs_law pointed out the Klaus Nomi reference.  Old friend of mine was a Bowie completist and bought the Nomi albums because at one point Bowie worked with him. 

It's been 24 years since I heard it, but from what I remember... kind of industrial 80s pop songs with this totally bizarre-looking flamboyant German guy launching into an all-out totally operatic soprano falsetto at full lung, sung in English with a gruff German accent.  Most people ran screaming for the volume knob.

Despite your protest, that was a remarkable catch issacs!



14
Achewood / Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« on: August 28, 2006, 12:06:30 pm »
I had to read "'bio-filtered' Ravenswood zinfandel comin' directly outta my catheter" three times before I realized what Ray was saying.  That's part of the genius of A-wood... or part of the moronity that is me.

15
Nitpick: the caller-id system would never say "FAthEr" because the caller-id system is not smart enough to recognize the relationship between caller and callee.

Pages: [1] 2 3