Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ananke

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
1
Achewood / Re: 10-17-2009: A temporarily offline aglet factory
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:24:28 pm »
And "there is not this idea" enters my lexicon.

2
Achewood / Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« on: September 25, 2009, 07:20:42 am »

3
Achewood / Re: Patronizing a Striptease - 20090921
« on: September 21, 2009, 02:01:14 pm »
"STRIP CLUBS, BUT FOR DUMMIES"

Forget the fallingness of the sky around here. As long as each strip has at least one such chuckle I'll be grateful for whatever he chooses to surround it with.

4
Achewood / Re: Howdy I just found this place
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:24:40 pm »
That is truly random.

5
Onstad's use of "permanently" over the years has always tickled me raw. "An old man who is permanently vomiting," "men in white lab coats had been paid to make sure that he permanently liked this food." And now "permanently driving a 1973 Honda Civic between Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores." Definitely not the only one of his -isms that has found its way into my idiolect.

6
"It's not easy being Depression McGuyver," thought Depression McGuyver, as the cartilage creature baselessly trashed his depression chops.

7
Achewood / Re: Compilation/Anthology questions
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:01:02 am »
It makes sense. Some of those original strips were neat, but not in a way that held at all a candle to the rest of the first few years.

And somewhere out there, someone saw http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08252005 and closed the window without ever looking back.

8
Achewood / Re: Tuesday, September 8th 2009 - Good! Bad? Ethanol!
« on: September 09, 2009, 12:17:08 am »
"Good! Bad? Ketel One?" is how I will now respond to things that confuse me.

9
Achewood / Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:21:11 am »
Yesterday was Sexual Bell Valve Victory Reference Sunday.

10
Do I sense a classic "I have no idea how to resolve this story so I'm just gonna have it veer in a completely irrelevant direction" move going on? All helicopters with long legs style? I'm excited by this.

11
Achewood / Re: Onstad interviewed in VICE magazine
« on: July 24, 2009, 08:48:39 am »
"Do you know how Matt Damon feels when he approaches a blank sheet of paper?"

12
Achewood / Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« on: July 06, 2009, 10:27:02 pm »
Some technician at Wikipedia is probably wondering why the page for Manchego cheese has seen a 25,000% jump in traffic

13
Achewood / Re: 20090604: Even Sexier Sheep
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:11:15 pm »
I'm disappointed in Chris only because the sheep appears to be at the edge of a cliff.

14
Achewood / 14 April 2009 - Don't forget to bring your dreams.
« on: April 14, 2009, 11:00:38 pm »
This one gave me some chuckles. I mainly like the weird angle drawing of Lyle though.

15
Achewood / Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« on: April 10, 2009, 07:19:53 am »
Yeah, this is a good new trend for him.

I totally did not get until now that Ray was stoned. I thought that the things under his eyes were because he was sad about the culture we live in, which is letigious, reactionary, and fearmongering. I... guess I was projecting my own beliefs onto him.

There're more lines, but I'm pretty sure that's how Onstad draws Ray stoned. It's debatable though. Also, does anyone have any concrete ideas about what's going on in panel 7? I really can't damn tell.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5