Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - I Am Not Creative

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Variety Hour for Aug 7th
« on: August 07, 2003, 07:09:28 pm »
I liked the first Variety Hour ... but was not too thrilled with this one. I don't intend to download the song and I didn't read anything but the last item (well, I skimmed the other thing).

And Jon, say what you will, but there is no reason for Onstad to do this stuff if it doesn't please his readers. It may be an indie art statment to do eclectic pieces on the Internet that nobody reads, but that seems to be an awful lot of work for nothing. The sad thing about this is that we all know that Chris can do a lot better than this. He isn't Indie Comic Chris, with no talent to back it up.

2
Achewood / Open Letter to Greeting Card Companies
« on: August 07, 2003, 12:06:01 am »
A lot of you are getting on rsteven's case for it's not being as ... I dunno ... versatile as Achewood. True, but I never thought that was r's aim. Maybe DS isn't everyone's cup of tea, but you gotta say something for the guy who has put out a daily comic every day for three years. Not every one's a winner, but they all exhibit a certain level of quality. I don't feel I can say that about Achewood, which has not gone for as long and does not have the same consistency. Why is it every time Onstad skips a comic I feel like it's my fault? That's just not right. If he wants to do something different with his site, then so be it. But these changes, and columns, and sometimes lame comics are beginning to try my patience.

And to get back on topic (uh ... sort of): Shopping for a father's day card is unbearable. Not every dad golfs, sucks at handyman work, is a walking ATM or is a lazy slob who sits in front of the television all day. This leaves me with very few options for father's day, and frankly, sometimes I just skip the card.

3
Achewood / Open Letter to Greeting Card Companies
« on: August 02, 2003, 01:10:55 am »
I agreed with everything he said in the letter, but don't know how I feel about the "Variety Hour" itself. I get the feeling Onstad may be developing Achewood to be more of an online humor magazine than just a comic. Hence the theme days. He was involved in such things in the past; it could be something he really wanted to pursue.

In keeping with today's comic, I am getting a tad sick of Ray. The joke is wearing a bit thin, so the Variety Hour may prove to be a nice distraction.

4
Achewood / Onstad does not deserve this
« on: August 02, 2003, 01:02:38 am »
I had decided I wasn't going to join this board, yet, here I am.

I understand why Onstand dumped his board, and I'm very surprised he didn't do it sooner. But in a way it seemed to be on the road to getting better. When John A closed down the Scary Go Round board, it was filled with stupidity and obnoxious children. Now that it's reopened, it seems people are a little more careful with what they post. Perhaps Onstad just needs a cooling off period. But I suppose a man can only take "Why don't you post funny comics!" and "I want this T-shirt!" so much.

Overall, I was a bit surprised by the change in schedule; but as many others have pointed out, it's his comic, we don't pay a dime for it, and really have no control over it. Yes, he does it for his fans, but I get the impression from Onstad that he is more of an Artiste than rstevens is. R does it because he likes poop and pixels and making people laugh.

Pages: [1]