Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - nuero

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
1
Achewood / Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« on: September 18, 2007, 05:35:09 am »
THIS NOT FUNny

2
oh, awesome, a reference to achewood.

3
I quite liked this one but it does raise a question:

When something such as this off-format strip happens, do you ever sit back for a moment and wonder... was the artist playing around with different styles and approaches so as to branch out and experiment or was it a default because the goals of that day's strip weren't going to be accomplished easily in the conventional format?

Because, were I a comic strip artist, I could see myself often saying "aw, crap, I can't figure out how to get the funny and the plot development into the same strip without drawing way more than I want to and putting off future strips in the effort so... I'll draw a couple of things and just put my script for the comic next to it."

In this particular case, I have no idea either way and no judgment upon either reality. It's just a thing.

or, if he'd tried to make it an actual strip, it would've taken three days (which probably means a week), and the board would've probably whined about how slowly the strip was moving

4
Achewood / Re: 23 October 2006 - two birds with one stone.
« on: October 23, 2006, 03:09:20 pm »
What's all this talk about you saying that?

5
Achewood / Re: 20 October 2006 - Can knights disagree with policemen?
« on: October 23, 2006, 02:32:33 pm »
does a lot of this just sound a lot like not philippe to anyone else

6
Achewood / Re: 13 October 2006 - a review of my life by Anthony Lane
« on: October 13, 2006, 09:09:17 pm »
The unpopular Brazilian attempts to use sarcasm to indicate his discontent.

Also, something about Onstad drinking alcohol

7
Achewood / Re: 13 October 2006 - a review of my life by Anthony Lane
« on: October 13, 2006, 03:42:53 pm »
The idea is that the cat bought some shoes at a thrift store with a small side pocket and they happened to contain a review of his life by Anthony Lane, which he was not ready for

You guys should do this "oversimplification of strip in text" thing for EVERY strip, it just gets better every time I read it! Keep up the good work!

8
The Front Page of SA is pretty awful, generally. The forums are really where it's at.

9
I do think that it's horribly cruel for the SA author to keep calling her a monster. She is a human being, like the rest of us. However, if it were my child I would not force her to go through all that. I would have just let God take her when he chose rather than spend millions of other people's dollars to keep cheating death.
Yeah this is basically why I never visit hospitals or use any sort of modern medicine

But seriously it's not like Something Awful is the pinnacle of kindness and understanding

10
Achewood / Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« on: August 04, 2006, 09:21:59 am »
Current toddler status, 8/3: She walked straight to bed from the couch where we have bedtime stories, and climbed in! Next thing you know she will drive a car to college and marry a man named Clue Bucket. I do not miss the future.

11
Achewood / Re: Ray Roams to Diesel Sweetie Guest Strip
« on: July 31, 2006, 05:03:53 am »
It's much easier to assume that, rather than a swipe at the PA guys for being popular, the guy is just trying to be on the cutting edge of hilarity by making various cartoon characters give each other blowjobs. That is the cutting edge, right? Gay jokes?

My point is basically that the guy that drew it is probably a horrible idiot.

12
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07262006

Pretty good. The strip is pretty good lately.

13
Okay, I've just come up with a product idea. Instead of OnStar, it's OnStad. It's a new way of emailing for navigational help from your car. Unlike OnStar, OnStad is totally free. However, OnStad basically never replies to your help requests. If you're willing to pay $18 USD for Premium Service, however, you'll receive an answer, but this will usually take about 3-4 weeks.
It is a play on words because the two words look similar, but it is also a joke about how the food-poisoned man with a baby does not make a comic about cats every day.

14
Okay, finally, I laughed. Thanks, Onstad.

15
Achewood / Re: The Hopes and the Spellings - 11 July 2006
« on: July 11, 2006, 06:24:08 am »
Haha, they money. Why don't I laugh at Achewood any more, ever :(

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7