Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - spinn

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« on: January 31, 2014, 06:01:47 pm »
Or, no, the alternate someone on FB suggests: it's just that Pat's method of advertising is saving people from eating potatoes.

It's like a "trade in your phone for an upgrade" kind of promotion: "Turn in your shitty potato for a chia discount." And they're not actually looking at chia, they're commenting on the existence of chia elsewhere in the world. This still requires some creative parsing of Penny's line in panel 13, but whatevs.

Still confusing me why Pat would care about the quality of the potato he's about to fuck up but nevermind. I guess if he has to stoop to admit potatoes are a thing, at least the ones in the house should be ultra-organic.

2
Achewood / Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:58:28 pm »
Actually I'm just going to go with this -- if the bag in panel 5 already had a gray blob in it, representing Pat's own chia mix that is ready to be ground into a smooshed potato, then everything would make sense here. I'm just gonna call it an oversight on Onstad's part and continue on with my life.

3
Achewood / Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »
Also why would eating the smashed potato in the fibre bag make their bowel movements different? Maybe I should just set up that the whole thing was a build to a good U2 joke.

Yeah, was trying to work this out with friends on FB and remembered there's a forum. Came over here someone would have answers, but sadly...

Well, what I didn't know is that chia is currently a trendy health food thing, not just a novelty hair growing plant. So presumably what Teodor is holding at the end is Pat's own chia mix, and to be fair, the bag in panel 10 does not look like it contains a smooshed potato.

But the whole sequence of events seems like Pat's taking the potato, smooshing it, putting his own label on it, and running away after leaving it on the floor. So I don't get it either.

4
Arts & Entertainment / Re: There Is No God: Golden Girls Erotica
« on: January 16, 2010, 10:03:12 pm »
I clicked anyway. I thought that was gonna be a much tougher ride than it was.

That "biggest holes" link...the last one, the sinkhole, was probably the smallest but scared me most. Probably because it was just right there in the middle of a street. Man that's a hell of a thing to be driving down the street and suddenly find in front of you.

or just think about being there under the asphalt and cement, waiting

5
Wild Card / Re: I had a dream....
« on: January 15, 2010, 11:51:01 pm »
i used to be able to have lucid dreams, where i controlled the outcomes. as a result i had a ton of flying dreams, for years. i loved them. since i met the missus, i rarely remember a dream - maybe once or twice a year - and when i do, there's no outcome at all, just a bunch of random associations.
Here's my lucid dream story: I used to have like one a week, they were fun. Then I heard or read something about lucid dreams where someone said, if you can look at your hands in a dream, you are able to have lucid dreams. (Don't think the hands were necessarily significant, just that you could take a specific instruction into a dream.)

So I was dreaming, and I had the thought, hey, wasn't I supposed to do something? And I was like, oh yeah, look at my hands. And I did. And then I started clapping -- I think at that point I was showing off.

And then my lucid dreams stopped.


6
Wild Card / Re: Organizization Codependency
« on: January 15, 2010, 11:43:45 pm »
Sometimes the wife and I feel guilty about out lack of organization and basic adult skills. She said once: "we're just adult enough to get along."

I said this to my therapist once and she said "and you know, God bless you. I see so many people twisted up over planning every little thing."

So, I dunno. It's good and bad, I guess.

8
Wild Card / Re: holy crud
« on: January 14, 2010, 05:34:16 am »
Yeah, me too. Was hoping for an actual in-context picture, though. Looks like someone actually uploaded the movie on to youtube in 10-minute segments, but 1) I don't know where in the movie it is, and 2) it would mean essentially watching the movie, and I don't wanna break that streak.


9
Wild Card / holy crud
« on: January 14, 2010, 05:07:17 am »
...somehow Firefox remembered my password for the forum, 'cos I certainly don't. And when I logged in I had two spam PMs from late 2006.

So, this forum's basically new to me, and usually when I get to a new forum I look at announcement posts, check out the forums, look around and what's going, get a feel for the WELL SCREW IT. This is(n't) the official Achewood forum and if I feel like comin' in goddamn hot I think you people can handle it. Time from getting asian porn spam to clicking Post is gonna be roughly three minutes. I only got here looking for pictures of Bruce Willis in a shipping crate anyway.


10
Achewood / Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« on: May 03, 2006, 05:06:39 pm »
I can understand that the headphones are styrofoam, because really, there is no one to talk to when you are in Airwolf.  There is no one that can give you anything you don't already have, and anyone else in the air either can't catch you, can't find you, or will be shot down.  You do not need to actually talk to them, because hearing "Checkmate, comrade" just before you blow up is not going to help you in any way.

That's a great Achewoodesque explanation of that.

But about the comic, what's the confusion? Why are people resorting to "it was all a dream" explanations when it's obviously that the missile is a prop missile meant to look like an explosion? (A real one would've been much more KERBLAMMO than POUF.) And Ray's locked up because he's thinking he just killed Phillipe, when really he probably just woke him up.


11
Achewood / Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« on: March 15, 2006, 10:16:04 pm »
Hello, Opus Interactive! How are you today?

Boy, some sysadmin's probably pissed right now.


12
Achewood / Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:51:10 pm »
The alt text said we'd be seeing them later, not that we'd be seeing them in the Fight later.

Obviously, they lost the Fight, but they'll be back in the comic later on.


13
Wild Card / Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« on: March 15, 2006, 03:43:09 am »
Interested parties may note that set 4 is up (four new movies). Whoever Firelily is, he/she is dominating thus far.


14
Achewood / Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« on: March 15, 2006, 01:42:23 am »
he is purposely doing the cliche..look at the alt text
Purposely or not, the fact is, he's there.


15
Achewood / Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« on: March 14, 2006, 08:22:34 pm »
Eh, you people liked this? I dunno. A couple people said this arc feels like fan fiction, and I didn't really see it, but Ray's (probable) father showing up cinches it.

I'll accept that good writers can get themselves out of cliches with style, but I wonder how he's going to do it. I was crap on predicting where this was going, so I'm not even going to venture a guess how he does. It'd take a better writer than me, anyway, so I couldn't even think of anything plausible and interesting.

Pages: [1] 2