Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Tangle

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
1
Wild Card / Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« on: July 08, 2006, 11:38:21 am »
The only Indian people I see are in the IT department at my job (and at the 2 good Indian Restaurants) (and the 2 or 3 Indian Restaurants run by Fijian Indians which are a little different).

This seems to be an international phenomenon. I also see Indian people in the IT department at my job.

As of now, I am not surrounded by holy cows, nor to I see the Ganges spread out in front of me in all its glory. So, even though I might be in India, I actually am not.

2
Achewood / July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« on: July 07, 2006, 08:29:22 am »
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07072006

Apparently, the Beatles soundtrack was too much for Ray.

3
Wild Card / Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« on: July 07, 2006, 05:53:34 am »
As of today, that's a negative as regards a trip to India.

I make no promises about tomorrow though. It is the weekend after all.


EDIT: aw dang, now I'm Chucklebot. That's some black beans right there.

4
People & Places / Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
« on: June 30, 2006, 05:44:18 am »
Many happy returns!

And much congratulations for Asherbaby too. Having a baby is basically like treasure.

5
Science & Nature / Re: Where is it all going?
« on: June 29, 2006, 06:29:42 am »
Windows tends to leave quite a bunch of temp files and associated garbage on your hard drive over time. They can take up a surprising amount of space.

One thing you could try is to download and run Windows CleanUp!, it's worked alright for me at least.

EDIT: Oh, and you could use SpaceMonger to get a nifty graphical view of the contents of your hard drive, that way you might be able to identify what files are taking up all that space.

6
Achewood / Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:31:25 pm »
I wonder if Ray has a fear of sax, as well as a fear of violins.

I'm so so sorry

7
Arts & Entertainment / Re: MixDisc '06
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:26:34 pm »
Tangle, aren't there two bands called HIM? Or is like HIM and h.i.m. or somesuch nonsense?
Yeah, kinda. The band I'm talking about, mates of Bam Margera and idols to goth emo girls here and there, is HIM. They were originally called His Infernal Majesty but shortened it to HIM due to accusations of Satanism and so on. Wikipedia page.

There is/was also a New York "dub influenced post-rock group" called HiM. Don't really know anything much about them. Wikipedia page.

8
Arts & Entertainment / Re: MixDisc '06
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:02:19 pm »
And this is for Tangle.

Thanks much! Of course, that list is missing some obscure good stuff that I intend to include :)

(...although, 99.9% of those names are probably hell of obscure to y'all anyway, so... um. did I have a point? dunno.)

I do hope no-one is expecting me to include any HIM. Don't think much of their music, myself. Although I do respect the fact that they've managed to gain some popularity outside Finland (and even in the States, based on the amount of HIM merch that I saw in a Hot Topic a few years back).

9
Arts & Entertainment / Re: MixDisc '06
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:08:48 am »
Oh! Oh!

I could put together a mix disc of Finnish bands for you lot. ...except that half of them would be singing in Finnish so you wouldn't understand a word. But maybe i'll do it anyhow. Hmmm.

10
Sports & Leisure / Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« on: June 27, 2006, 12:16:27 pm »
Plus, if we'd had that previously Maradona would never have fuck*ng got away with The Hand Of God.

it's been 20 years already

let it go man

 :P

11
Arts & Entertainment / Re: MixDisc '06
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:14:09 am »
I'm currently listening to Zart's mix, that Snowpony song sounds quite nifty. And "Hotel Bloedel" scares me a bit.

After reading through this thread, I'm quite tempted to make a mix CD of my own. It will probably have no theme except "these are songs that I like". It may contain excessive amounts of Aquanet, spandex and raised index and pinky fingers. But possibly also Elton John, Stillwater and teh Springsteen.

12
Arts & Entertainment / Re: The first album you ever bought?
« on: June 27, 2006, 08:19:32 am »
First cassette I got my parents to buy me was by a Finnish rockabilly band none of you have ever heard of (Teddy & The Tigers, if you must know). In 1981 I think.

That was closely followed by Stray Cats' self-titled debut.

First cassette bought with my own money: Music From The Elder by Kiss.

First album bought: Rocket To Russia by Ramones. Either that or End of The Century by same.

First CD bought: either Welcome To my Nightmare by Alice Cooper or the Creeping Death/Jump In The Fire CD EP by Metallica.

Nothing to be shamed of there, methinks  :)

13
SEEE-EE-ESAME STREE-EEET

Thank you, Carlos. That was too funky.

14
History / Re: Happy Father's Day!
« on: June 26, 2006, 08:17:33 pm »
Even though in my neck of the woods we don't celebrate Father's Day in June, but instead exactly 6 months from Mother's Day (ie. in November), I will take this opportunity (albeit a week late) to celebrate my very first Father's Day.

So, thank you everyone!  :)

...and, a belated CONGRATULATIONS to all you other pops out there!

15
Science & Nature / Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« on: June 26, 2006, 01:02:41 pm »
It won't help if you're not using more than 3x zoom, like Jough said.  There's not much you can do to help the situation you've described except to get a tripod so that your hand doesn't shake while you're taking the picture.
I am by no means a photographer (well, I am in the sense that I own a camera and use it to take pictures), but if you don't want to splash out on a tripod, a reasonable alternative in some cases can be a "bean bag for your camera" -type of thing. It's like a bean bag but the size of a camera, so you just need to find a somewhat horizontal place to plonk it on, and place the camera on top of it for easy(ish) adjusting.

Also, whether you're using the above bean bag, a tripod, or your hand, one thing that helps with shaking is using a timer (I think most cameras have one). Setting the timer to 2 seconds (or 10, even) eliminates the shake that can easily occur the moment you push the button to take a picture.

There you go, camera tips from a noob  :P

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7