Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - FutureDeadPerson

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Re: The joys of home fries and wine
« on: April 10, 2007, 07:41:39 am »
I've been to Nueske's in the middle of nowhere, Wittenberg, WI.  It's this cool old shack straight out of 1933, complete with old-timey smokehouse.  You walk into this place and you can smell the smoked meat and the fresh buttermilk.  I've had the bacon referenced in the interview.  It's heaven.  They know how to make a pig sing long after its demise.  They gladly give out samples of these tasty meat pieces.  They don't have to sell you on anything.  The meat enters your body and DEMANDS that you buy all you can afford.

I pray that Onstad gets a supply of this bacon gold.  I don't know if it's "artisanal bacon".  More like ass-kicking-straight-from-the-farm strips of greatness.  It is very smoky(they have a less smoky variety that I have not had), as your lungs will turn black if you eat it on a regular basis.  However, it's just too godly to deny.  You will look at all other bacon as if it stole your wallet and then punched a kitten in the face.

They also have some of the best Wisconsin cheese in the dairyland.  You really would have to go there in person to see their full selection.  I've seen many of the little kiosks they have and they fall woefully short.  However, I doubt many people here will ever drive through Wittenberg, WI any time soon.  But if you ever do, you have to stop there.  You have to.  It should be a law.

2
Achewood / Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« on: April 02, 2007, 12:44:41 am »
I work at a nice sit down restaurant and I make the potato salad for the Friday giraffe Fry.*  The mayo is bought in bulk, therefore it is garbage.  However, I have been told numerous times that I make the best potato salad in town, possibly even county.  I do put a glorious helping of spicy hossradish mustard in it.  That is really the key ingredient.  That and love.



Gross.  :'(




*Wisconsin tradition


Edit: Speeling

3
Achewood / Re: That was uncalled for (1.31.07)
« on: January 31, 2007, 07:09:16 am »
Onstad gets an F- for that cow.  Apparently all the ugly cows are given away by farmers and sent to these classes for people to go "Hostel" on them.

I never took a class where we had to shave our heads, but I think I want to.




4
People & Places / Re: n00b Attack on Fuck Mountain
« on: February 24, 2006, 11:05:04 pm »
You could link to that thread, Mr Future Dead Person.

Jeez, what does it take to get some decent noobs around here these days?


Well, I did link it at first.  But I wasn't sure if I should link to the first page, the second page or some random post that would probably confuse everyone.  I guess it was a hasty decision and maybe a poor one.  But I didn't confuse anyone.  hooray?

5
People & Places / Re: n00b Attack on Fuck Mountain
« on: February 24, 2006, 10:45:54 pm »
Well apparently I have what some would call a Burger dick and mild retardation.


Check the "GOF Newbie Gender" thread for exciting details!



Edit: added link, saved some lives

6
People & Places / Re: GOF Newbie gender
« on: February 24, 2006, 10:39:25 pm »
Damnit, I knew I should have registered when I first saw this place.  But then I thought to myself, "Why waste my time talking about Achewood when I could possibly be doing something constructive like become a fireman or a seal trainer."  You see, it wasn't the GOF that got me to register here, it's that my life is now sadly out of options.


Ah well, at least I got my Hot Pockets brand stuffed sandwiches.  :-\

7
Science & Nature / Re: Wolverine Melanie
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:41:17 pm »
So who gets the $15 gift card to Best Buy he bought for Melanie's birthday?  The dude's granddaughter or the wolverine with the same name?

8
People & Places / Re: GOF Newbie gender
« on: February 21, 2006, 05:38:10 am »
Burger dick and :P? 

(:P this is a perfect "mildly retarded" face)

Just ain't my day.

9
You mean Ravishing Rick RUUUDE?

10
People & Places / Re: GOF Newbie gender
« on: February 20, 2006, 03:35:55 pm »
That's almost as bad as a pizza.



And how.  :'(

11
People & Places / Re: GOF Newbie gender
« on: February 20, 2006, 03:13:27 pm »
I am EXTREMELY MALE.


I lurked before GOF, it just made me register.

12
Sports & Leisure / Re: Do baseball fans exist?
« on: February 20, 2006, 02:49:57 pm »
I am a grumpy, Cardinal hating, Cubs fan and am glad that I have no pop that this heavily FRR populated board can take away.

We have Ron Santo and Pat Hughes on the radio, which beats the crap out our TV guys, I usually mute the TV and listen to them.

Oh, and the Brewers are gonna be a team to watch out for this year. If for no other reason than they're a year older. I said it at the time and I stand by it, that Sexson trade was a stroke of genius.


Gross......... a Cubs fan


You're right about the Sexson trade though.  That was great.

13
Sports & Leisure / Re: Do baseball fans exist?
« on: February 20, 2006, 08:04:37 am »
i am a diehard Mariners fan.. season ticket holder and all. the last couple of years have been tough, but this year we'll be good damn it!



Do you know what's going on with Bucky Jacobsen this year?  He's an old Brewers prospect and I love the guy.



Also, AL games are statistically longer on average.

14
Science & Nature / Re: It is so cold...
« on: February 18, 2006, 04:35:22 pm »
-16F with -40F wind chills here near Milwaukee.


Not the coldest we've ever had, but it was 52F here three days ago. 


Coldest temps I've ever experienced was -35F with -75 wind chills.

15
Sports & Leisure / Re: Do baseball fans exist?
« on: February 17, 2006, 05:01:52 am »
I'm an insane, obsessive Red Sox fan, since birth. When they won the world series, I cried.

Beat that, bitches!


The Brewers have never gone to the playoffs in my lifetime.  I'm of legal drinking age in the US.  I cried when we got victory #81 last year.


I win.

Pages: [1] 2