Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - umbra_moses

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Real Life Wikipedia Entry for Leon Sumbitches
« on: May 26, 2007, 11:16:43 pm »
I did a search to see if anyone had pointed this out yet, but it appears that a prankster has put a real entry for Leon Sumbitches (aka Brian Wheat) on Wikipedia.  I wonder how long this will last.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Sumbitches_aka_Brian_Wheat

2
Achewood / Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:59:06 pm »
Maybe the two versions of the strip are part of achewood canon.  Like, we saw the picture of a heavy Roast Beef turn into John Popper from Blues Traveler right before our eyes. 

Maybe earlier in the day, Pat felt he was a badass with a huge dick, and then later his self esteem was hurt and he felt dickless, and now he has resumed his self esteem and his huge dick image.

MAGICAL REALISM STRIKES THE READER'S DIMENSION.

3
Achewood / Re: tenmen shirt, 'zine, apron
« on: June 24, 2006, 02:52:48 am »
This slew of new achewood merchandise led me to come up with a conspiracy theory.  That theory being that babies are expensive, and Onstad is trying to cover the costs of one by selling tons of new stuff.  In fact, the theory even proposed that the entire trashspotting blog existed merely to get people to buy trashspotting jerseys.  That didn't seem to pan out to reality though.

Anyways I would get the 'zines, but I'm broke.  Even though I know they are filled with R. Beef goodness.  If he is going to make them regularly, though, I think it'd be cool if we could just pay a subscription fee and get that shiz mailed to our front door.

4
Achewood / Achewood Inspired Dance Midi
« on: June 22, 2006, 05:03:30 am »
Hey guys, it's one of the midi makers from ages past.  I'm not sure if this counted as on topic for Achewood or not, but I recently made a midi which was inspired by the "Everybody Dance Like There's Ass In Your ******." (why is that censored?) I'm sure Ray's version was much more hip hop, but the phrase inspired me to make a very dancey song. 

If this doesn't count as on topic feel free to move or delete this post or whatever, but in case you guys want to hear it, I uploaded the midi.

www.freewebs.com/teodorssongs/EDLTAIYP.mid

Oh I forgot to mention, this is just the rough draft.  Any dissonance or parts that are annoyingly busy will be cleaned up later.

5
Achewood / Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
« on: March 31, 2006, 11:11:07 pm »
I might actually consider that.  It sounds like fun.  Or maybe just straight up remix the tabs.

6
Achewood / Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:22:24 am »
Whoops!  I originally did a search and couldn't find these on the boards before, but I just did another and apparently someone has already done this.  I apologize guys.  Apparently I can't delete this post, so I guess just ignore it till the moderators do their job.

7
Achewood / Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:17:54 am »
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone has done this before, but I put some of the songs Teodor wrote the guitar tabs fot into midi format in case anyone wants to hear what they sound like.

This is from the February 3rd, 2005 strip

www.freewebs.com/teodorssongs/achewood2305.mid

This is from the February 7th, 2005 strip

www.freewebs.com/teodorssongs/achewood2705.mid

8
Achewood / Re: The Serializer Strips
« on: March 27, 2006, 01:09:42 am »
Ok guys, I just got a response back from him.  Here's what he said

Quote
Hi Eddie,

 

I’ll be putting the old Serializer archives on webcomicsnation.com sometime this spring. It’s incredibly time consuming, which is why I haven’t moved them yet. I would prefer that people who want to see the content wait until I make it available again, since it is meant to generate funds which help make Achewood possible. 

 

There will be a prominent announcement on Achewood.com when the content is available again.

 

Thanks for reading,

/C

 

PS: I would guess that about 1/10th of it is available in the books, maybe less.


So I guess we'll just have to wait till he puts the stuff on web comics nation.  Cool.

9
Achewood / Re: The Serializer Strips
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:39:48 pm »
I just e-mailed him and asked him if there is any way to access any of that stuff.  I guess now we'll just have to wait and see.  I'll post his response whenever it comes, but if anyone else has any developements keep us updated.

10
Achewood / Re: The Serializer Strips
« on: March 26, 2006, 09:24:22 pm »
This is what it says on the log-in screen of the site.

Quote
Note: while we recover from our recent server crash, we will not be taking new subscribers -- we're still rebuilding our database. If your account was created after January 28, 2005, you will be getting an email with your new password once we have re-entered you into the database (we're having to do this by hand, one at a time). All other existing subscribers should be able to log in with no problems.


From what I understand, they have been in this fickle state for a very long time though, making it impossible to access the Achewood Sunday Edition unless you already have an account.

So yeah, they straight up are just not letting new people subscribe.

11
Achewood / The Serializer Strips
« on: March 26, 2006, 08:19:22 pm »
Hello Achewood message board posters.  I am a fan of Achewood but I do not have a Serializer account, and Serializer has not been allowing people to make accounts for a very long time.  I was just wondering if there are any other places to access the Achewood stuff from the Serializer site.  I have tried the Google internet search engine (non-case sensitive version) but I have found nothing. 

If this post is at all requesting things of an unlawful nature, than please just ignore it.  I'm just not sure if the stuff has been released to the public for free yet, in response to Serializer being in a pretty bad way these days. 

Thank you for your time Achewood message board posters.

Pages: [1]