Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Bn1

Pages: [1]
1
Arts & Entertainment / Re: I just got my first ipod..
« on: September 23, 2006, 05:57:32 am »
My favourite indie-ish album of the moment would be "Yellow House" from Grizzly Bear... nice stuff.
http://www.warprecords.com/?mart=WARP147 

2
People & Places / Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:36:52 am »
Are you saying I look like this guy?

Hahaha.
Not so much.  I can't find an image of what i am talking about, all I can say is if you use firefox and go to viceland.com the image is on the tab, and in their logo (the one for this forum is roast beef).

3
People & Places / Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« on: September 17, 2006, 10:50:53 pm »

I'm just saying Hobot's reign is pretty secure here.  I mean, her avatar is the stereotypical image of a Cute Geeky Girl w/ Glasses on a tortilla.  Does it get any better than that?

Up until that sentence I had thought that avatar was the vice magazine website logo man... on a tortilla (No link sorry, look it up if you're curious).  Will this admission get me banned from the forums?

As for the introduction issue - while I don't think there's anything wrong with saying hi I personally didn't do one because I wasn't sure if I would ever contribute much to the forums.  And so far I er, haven't.

4
Achewood / Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« on: September 12, 2006, 10:40:52 pm »
I think I will have udon noodles tonight - I love these at the moment for some reason.. (probably because I can cook them without screwing up).

5
Achewood / Re: 11 Sep 2006 - Ich habe gesellschaft (I have society)
« on: September 12, 2006, 04:57:30 am »
What, like this?

Anyone notice the alt text (or whatever you'd call the comments in the bubble over the cartoon) changed to a Klaus Nomi recommendation/reference?  Earlier it said 'click for translatenfun' or something similar.

(Yes I read the strip several times a day at present.. it helps keep me sane at work)

6
People & Places / Re: 21 Guests and 23 Users Active on TOUAMB?
« on: September 08, 2006, 05:01:23 am »
  I read the Achewood part of this forum for months before I joined, and I read other forums I'm not on, so that many guests is well with in the range of possibility.

Likewise.  When I started reading the non achewood related sections of the forum I decided I was spending enough time here to merit joining up and adding my 2c..  Some of the music boards I'm on have hundreds of lurkers waiting to grab mp3s that are posted up - this is quiet by comparison - though it sounds like things were crazy during the GOF.

7
"misrepresentatively prominent" is a nice turn of phrase..
Also, it doesn't look like being gay has improved Pat's choice of hairstyle.

8
Science & Nature / Re: Dell? Rot in Hell.
« on: September 07, 2006, 05:12:04 am »
so. my laptop died for no good reason. Dell has basically said "reinstall windows! Sorry!" They refuse to tell me how to back up my files, due to "liability issues." Is there a way to access my harddrive to back things up? I cannot boot into windows. Not even safe mode. Damn.

Urk.. I just got a dell laptop a few weeks ago.
I will find out about this 'boot partition'.. I would rather plan for problems like this before they happen (I'm pretty certain I'll manage to break my laptop fairly quickly).  At the moment I use my ipod as a spare drive to keep important stuff on but that's probably not the most reliable of plans.

9
Achewood / Re: 6th of September, 2006 - Oh man, it's a Magreaux dog!
« on: September 06, 2006, 11:48:45 pm »
Can I pretend that your nick stands for "Big Naked One"?  Because that would make me laugh.

Feel free to assign any meaning you like.  Think of it as a blank wall on which to project your thoughts.
I wish I could play the bassoon.

10
Achewood / Re: 6th of September, 2006 - Oh man, it's a Magreaux dog!
« on: September 06, 2006, 10:09:20 pm »
This is not a funny strip, no, but the entire idea of a dog clumsily imitating your appearance and behavior -- even to the point of trying to walk, at which point it falls down and starts to sob -- is incredibly unnerving, especially when it's a portent of Bad Things. If this is the beginning of an arc, it could very well be interesting.

The dog trying to drink from a straw is definitely sinister..
I agree this could lead to an interesting arc.

First post btw - hello everyone.

Pages: [1]